Any Gym Rats in the Team House?

Informal discussions
BBrookshire

Any Gym Rats in the Team House?

Post by BBrookshire » Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:45 pm

Question for anyone out there who works out/body builds, etc.

I am skeptical of most of the supplements that are peddled these days, there are a few that truly work but most of it is just hype. I have started a BCAA +EAA's post work out drink. I have never had luck with BCAA's in the past but have read when combined with the essentials, there is a positive result.

Any one have any experience with the stuff? There is only so much weight you can put in an internet review.
Fear no beast, no matter it's size

White Man 1

Re: Any Gym Rats in the Team House?

Post by White Man 1 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:33 am

I don't touch supplements. I am of the opinion that you can do the most good for your body with animal protein and water. I'm not a bodybuilder though, just like to stay in fighting shape.

Thomas Cole

Post by Thomas Cole » Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:11 am

White Man 1 is right. I did a about ten years of very intense training, when I was younger. Stay away from that powered shit. Eggs and meat on top of a protein rich and generally healthy diet did the trick for me. Don't forget your cardio! Nothing is more pathetic then a mountain of muscle that has trouble getting around.

BBrookshire

Post by BBrookshire » Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:50 pm

Good deal - appreciate the advice. I was already kind of skeptical of all that stuff. Plus I have modified recently to add more animal protein early in the day as well. I try to consume my bodyweight in grams of protein each day.
Fear no beast, no matter it's size