Coming out of Christianity

Fundamental ideas
Richard_G_603
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire

Coming out of Christianity

Post by Richard_G_603 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:15 am

I would like to first say I have read and understand much of the relevant materials on this topic in various essays on NatVan, and listened to both Dr. Pierce and Mr. Strom talk about why Christianity is incompatible with NA doctrine, and I am not seeking to make any discussion about that (compatibility/incompatibility).

Those on here who left Christendom, how did you go about it? What was the physical (family, friends, church attendance, etc.) and mental (patterns of thought, changes in behavior, difference in worldview) process of change for you? And I don't mean those who were simply nominal/culturally a part of the Christian faith, but an active and devoted member of the faith who left and now holds to cosmotheism or a similar doctrine.

I am a licensed minister with an accredited degree in biblical studies from a conservative school. And I find myself torn between two worldviews.
One the one hand is the undeniable reality of what I see around me, the death of my race and it's culture requires action to halt and reverse, a cause I am ready and willing to devote myself to.
Yet the other hand is they faith I have devoted the past 15 years of my life to, at a level far beyond 99% of those who hold to it. I have learned how to defend it from all attacks from all angles, answer most every question that challenges it, and how to preach and teach to others how to do the same.
Still despite that, I still have always had my doubts and questions; doubts and questions that when asked to teachers and elders were passed off as irrelevant, esoteric, or philosophical rather than theological, that I should focus on more fundamental and practical aspects of the faith.
These doubts and questions are what allow me to consider the possibility of error in my belief when many of my peers forge ahead through crisis of faith. Yet, the ingrained fear of eternal damnation is strong and real for me, and keeps me from wholly walking away at this time, as well as the consideration of the many apologetic to defend the faith I have memorized.
I am left camping at a crossroads, unable to make the decision. I hope that some others who have had even relatively similar experiences can pipe up and share their experiences for me to consider.

(If this should be moved to the Team House informal discussion board let me know)

User avatar
Grimork
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:34 pm
Location: North Carolina

Re: Coming out of Christianity

Post by Grimork » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:42 pm

Hey Richard, thank you for posing this question. I feel like it's an important one. Although I was never ordained as a minister myself; I was at one time a VERY devout Christian. Even to the point of doing my best to keep the sabbaths which a lot lukewarm Christians do not.

So, a bit of background on my religious history.. My maternal grandfather was a Pentecostal reverend who lived in West Virginia. Because I grew up mainly in NC, we didn't see each other TOO much, I'd say a few times a year, although his religiosity definitely had an impact on my life. My paternal grandmother is little less devout, but a stable Methodist churchgoer. My mom became religious later on and decided she fit in with the Baptist crowd more so than her father's sect. As a child, I'd been to church, Sunday school, vacation bible school..and so forth. I remember being heartily influenced in the Christian direction however, it never STUCK to me until I got into my 20's. In my 20's I had somewhat of a personal Christian revival where I was consuming the bible, taking notes, studying it as closely as I could stand. It was actually when I stopped to realize that Jesus didn't throw away the laws of the Old Testament, that I began really sinking into laws that would still "technically" be in effect. Unless you're one of those Christians who believe Jesus "did away with" the Old, IMO all Jesus did "away" with was salvation through animal sacrifices because the temple had been destroyed. Therefore Jesus sacrificed himself as the final blood atonement.

ANYWAYS... After reading all of the Old Testament carefully, I realized a lot of Christians were not even following the ten commandments which you must keep the Sabbath holy, in order to "keep the sabbath holy", along with their being numerous other festivals of God, that are commanded to be kept as Sabbaths. When you research these festivals you fall into the Jewish rabbit hole. The best a gentile can be according to the Jews is a Noahide, which is a gentile that follows the commands given to Noah. As they consider Noah to being the father of all after the flood. Their father being namely Abraham who came down the line from Noah, as he was given the covenant from God. Once I realized that God really does care more about the Jews, and that gentiles are mainly allowed to become Christians to make the Jews jealous and repent from their false ways, it was a no-brainer to deconvert.

Also worth noting about Hell as a place of suffering, is that Hell does not exist in the Bible before Jesus, it is never mentioned. Now, to me that's pretty important because the Old Testament has WAY more laws and rules than the NT, so you'd think something as devastating as hell would be mentioned. So, that may be enough to break the chains of your fears, or it may not?

The more I read the bible the more I noticed all the contradictions and the things that are held to be truths, but in fact are not based in scripture at all, and if they are... Are we reading it in the correct context? Has the law been changed? Look at dietary recommendations by God for example... Adam and Eve were given plants and so on to eat, however Noah after the flood was allowed to eat meat (without the blood).. Then Abraham was allowed to eat CERTAIN animals (kosher animals), but not others.

There's a lot more things I could discuss with you, but these are the main things on my mind, I hope you find it helpful. If you need me to elaborate on anything please say so. I don't mind.

I would like to round this out by quoting an email I wrote to my great friend about my post-Christian views on Christianity:
Christianity is a HUGE problem regarding the survival of our people. Turn the other cheek? Let the Jewish masters smack you around and use you without complaining.. The meek will inherit the Earth? Be good little lowly Goyim and God will reward you.

The book of revelations? Don't worry about the state of Earth, God's going to wipe the slate clean and fix everything that's wrong.

I think Christianity also contributes to a lot of our people's suicides .. because they feel like heaven would be better than their lives on Earth. There is no canonical Christian text that is against suicide. In the old testament there are several people who killed themselves with no mention of negative repercussions.

Christianity isn't the origin of good behavior or morality.
Oh! Also I edited this to add that I don't talk to most of my family about religion.. when they go on about making "sure" I'm saved or not to take the mark of the beast. I just say .. ok. It's really not any of their business, and it's not worth getting into a fight over.
Richard_G_603 wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:15 am
I would like to first say I have read and understand much of the relevant materials on this topic in various essays on NatVan, and listened to both Dr. Pierce and Mr. Strom talk about why Christianity is incompatible with NA doctrine, and I am not seeking to make any discussion about that (compatibility/incompatibility).

Those on here who left Christendom, how did you go about it? What was the physical (family, friends, church attendance, etc.) and mental (patterns of thought, changes in behavior, difference in worldview) process of change for you? And I don't mean those who were simply nominal/culturally a part of the Christian faith, but an active and devoted member of the faith who left and now holds to cosmotheism or a similar doctrine.

I am a licensed minister with an accredited degree in biblical studies from a conservative school. And I find myself torn between two worldviews.
One the one hand is the undeniable reality of what I see around me, the death of my race and it's culture requires action to halt and reverse, a cause I am ready and willing to devote myself to.
Yet the other hand is they faith I have devoted the past 15 years of my life to, at a level far beyond 99% of those who hold to it. I have learned how to defend it from all attacks from all angles, answer most every question that challenges it, and how to preach and teach to others how to do the same.
Still despite that, I still have always had my doubts and questions; doubts and questions that when asked to teachers and elders were passed off as irrelevant, esoteric, or philosophical rather than theological, that I should focus on more fundamental and practical aspects of the faith.
These doubts and questions are what allow me to consider the possibility of error in my belief when many of my peers forge ahead through crisis of faith. Yet, the ingrained fear of eternal damnation is strong and real for me, and keeps me from wholly walking away at this time, as well as the consideration of the many apologetic to defend the faith I have memorized.
I am left camping at a crossroads, unable to make the decision. I hope that some others who have had even relatively similar experiences can pipe up and share their experiences for me to consider.

(If this should be moved to the Team House informal discussion board let me know)

User avatar
Wade Hampton III
Posts: 2338
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:40 pm
Location: Pontiac, SC

Re: Coming out of Christianity

Post by Wade Hampton III » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:28 pm

You guys should read "Which Way Western Man," by now-deceased NA
member William G Simpson and personal friend of our late WLP.

User avatar
Grimork
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:34 pm
Location: North Carolina

Re: Coming out of Christianity

Post by Grimork » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:43 pm

Wade Hampton III wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:28 pm
You guys should read "Which Way Western Man," by now-deceased NA
member William G Simpson and personal friend of our late WLP.
Thanks Wade. I plan on reading it eventually, but I am fully redeemed from my previous Christian beliefs these days, have been for a long time now. I am only telling Richard about my past in the hopes that it will help him. I don't have any of the baggage I used to have with Christianity or "Yahweh" whatever you want to call the sky boss.

It's a chapter happily closed in my life and I'm better for it.

User avatar
Jim Mathias
Posts: 1958
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:48 pm

Re: Coming out of Christianity

Post by Jim Mathias » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:27 am

Grimork wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:43 pm
Wade Hampton III wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:28 pm
You guys should read "Which Way Western Man," by now-deceased NA
member William G Simpson and personal friend of our late WLP.
Thanks Wade. I plan on reading it eventually, but I am fully redeemed from my previous Christian beliefs these days, have been for a long time now. I am only telling Richard about my past in the hopes that it will help him. I don't have any of the baggage I used to have with Christianity or "Yahweh" whatever you want to call the sky boss.

It's a chapter happily closed in my life and I'm better for it.
Not only did Simpson come to thoroughly rejecting Christianity, he came to understand that life's meaning for our race needed direction based on sound principles. A few White men in history can be said to be proto-Cosmotheist; Simpson was one of those in my opinion. His book was the work of a lifetime too, and contains the sort of scholarship that made him easily a peer of Dr. Pierce, Revilo Oliver, and the like. Many relevant topics are covered, I'd place his work higher on your list, you won't regret it.

The Cosmotheist church bookstore still has copies available even though I believe it's out of print at this time. At $75 you might think it's pricey, but let me tell you, it's worth every penny to serious White men and women who would come to understand the foundations of our life-philosophy. Simpson covers a lot and nails it every time.
Activism materials available! ===> Contact me via PM to obtain quantities of the "Send Them Back", "NA Health Warning #1 +#2+#3" stickers, and any fliers listed in the Alliance website's flier webpage.

User avatar
Jim Mathias
Posts: 1958
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:48 pm

Re: Coming out of Christianity

Post by Jim Mathias » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:33 am

Wade Hampton III wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:28 pm
You guys should read "Which Way Western Man," by now-deceased NA
member William G Simpson and personal friend of our late WLP.
Simpson's extensively narrated journey through and out of Christianity certainly does have a remarkable parallel to Richard G's brief story. He would definitely gain by reading it. Good call, Wade.
Activism materials available! ===> Contact me via PM to obtain quantities of the "Send Them Back", "NA Health Warning #1 +#2+#3" stickers, and any fliers listed in the Alliance website's flier webpage.

Richard_G_603
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire

Re: Coming out of Christianity

Post by Richard_G_603 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:17 pm

Wade Hampton III wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:28 pm
You guys should read "Which Way Western Man," by now-deceased NA
member William G Simpson and personal friend of our late WLP.
Jim Mathias wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:33 am
Wade Hampton III wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:28 pm
You guys should read "Which Way Western Man," by now-deceased NA
member William G Simpson and personal friend of our late WLP.
Simpson's extensively narrated journey through and out of Christianity certainly does have a remarkable parallel to Richard G's brief story. He would definitely gain by reading it. Good call, Wade.
Thank you guys for the book recommendation I will seriously consider the investment in purchasing the book.

Richard_G_603
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire

Re: Coming out of Christianity

Post by Richard_G_603 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:30 pm

Grimork,

Thank you for your very thoughtful reply, perhaps you and I could DM about this some time because We actually share some really similar experiences on this. I was part of the Pentecostal movement for quite a few years, until I saw it didn't align with what I could understand to be proper reading of the Bible, and like you saw that certain laws like the sabbath were technically still in effect, and I became a "reformed" christian, specifically a Scottish covenenter Presbyterian ( REALLY strict adherence to many of the laws), and thats where I am at now.

I have been able to make it work in my head by telling myself it's the faith that saved europe from islam, and saw us through the greatest periods of afvancement and discovery in human history, but even that began to fall apart when I would hear Mr. Strom on ADV talk about how that was more because Europeans influenced Christianity than Christianity influenced Europeans.

But I definitely cannot even try to claim that today's faith is the faith that gave us the uniting factor to throw back the muslims, because today it is one of the biggest influences to throw wide the doors for muslims into our lands. Nor is it the same as it was when our attempts to understand god through the natural world he created birthed modern science, as today it opposes and the stymies scientific advancement of our people.

User avatar
Grimork
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:34 pm
Location: North Carolina

Re: Coming out of Christianity

Post by Grimork » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:43 pm

Absolutely, Richard. I am not familiar with Scottish Coventer Presbyterian, but there are so many different types of Christian beliefs.

I think like Jim and Wade said that reading Which Way Western Man is a very good idea. However I wanted to give you my own personal experiences, even though I'm no great author or intellect.

So as far as Islam is concerned and the crusades I believe that Strom is right that back then Christianity was more influenced by the Euro traditions and views at the time. However, I think Cosmotheism is wonderful because it gives us a religion that is realistic, and fits the mold of our people not the semitics who Christianity/Islam/Judaism are all for.

The passion and zealotry of the people is what gave people the strength to overcome Islam, this could've happened with Cosmotheism as well as Christianity I believe... And if I'm not mistaken during the crusades was the time common people weren't able to read the Bible and it was given to them by religious leaders interpretation? Which would explain the difference between the wars against other people's in the past and how multiculturalism is accepted today, because the church itself not the bible would be against it. As you already know the NT takes no favor of persons... Well other than the Jews.

But yes, I think religion is an important and moving aspect of a lot of people's lives, however we have to be very careful about what we decide to let move us.
Richard_G_603 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:30 pm
Grimork,

Thank you for your very thoughtful reply, perhaps you and I could DM about this some time because We actually share some really similar experiences on this. I was part of the Pentecostal movement for quite a few years, until I saw it didn't align with what I could understand to be proper reading of the Bible, and like you saw that certain laws like the sabbath were technically still in effect, and I became a "reformed" christian, specifically a Scottish covenenter Presbyterian ( REALLY strict adherence to many of the laws), and thats where I am at now.

I have been able to make it work in my head by telling myself it's the faith that saved europe from islam, and saw us through the greatest periods of afvancement and discovery in human history, but even that began to fall apart when I would hear Mr. Strom on ADV talk about how that was more because Europeans influenced Christianity than Christianity influenced Europeans.

But I definitely cannot even try to claim that today's faith is the faith that gave us the uniting factor to throw back the muslims, because today it is one of the biggest influences to throw wide the doors for muslims into our lands. Nor is it the same as it was when our attempts to understand god through the natural world he created birthed modern science, as today it opposes and the stymies scientific advancement of our people.

User avatar
Jim Mathias
Posts: 1958
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:48 pm

Re: Coming out of Christianity

Post by Jim Mathias » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:23 am

Richard_G_603 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:17 pm
Wade Hampton III wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:28 pm
You guys should read "Which Way Western Man," by now-deceased NA
member William G Simpson and personal friend of our late WLP.
Jim Mathias wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:33 am
Wade Hampton III wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:28 pm
You guys should read "Which Way Western Man," by now-deceased NA
member William G Simpson and personal friend of our late WLP.
Simpson's extensively narrated journey through and out of Christianity certainly does have a remarkable parallel to Richard G's brief story. He would definitely gain by reading it. Good call, Wade.
Thank you guys for the book recommendation I will seriously consider the investment in purchasing the book.
You're welcome, Richard. If you want to delve into this further, but isn't as deep as WWWM? is, try this section of our forum: viewforum.php?f=57

If you believe our race's spiritual struggle is at the heart of our existence, you're on the right track so far.
Activism materials available! ===> Contact me via PM to obtain quantities of the "Send Them Back", "NA Health Warning #1 +#2+#3" stickers, and any fliers listed in the Alliance website's flier webpage.

Post Reply