Post by IndianaCreator » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:02 pm

salubrious-living.jpg
salubrious-living.jpg (32.14 KiB) Viewed 406 times
Read or Download at this Link -
https://creativityalliance.com/wp-conte ... Living.pdf

Grimork

Re: Salubrious Living

Post by Grimork » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:06 pm

Thanks for sharing..An interesting read, I don't agree with all of it. For one I believe the nutritional value of our soil has decreased because of soil depletion as talked about in this article: https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... tion-loss/

So his stance against vitamins seems unhealthy, if anything. I have a restricted diet, and I would be severly malnourished if I didn't take a multivitamin, also does this apply to pregnant women? Very dangerous to the infant if they can't get the levels of nutrients they need for proper development.

I'm also shocked that he advocates an all raw diet, but would suggest juicing... As juicing destroys the fiber which makes the sugars from fruit overwhelming without having that fiber as a safety net. Also his bit about parasites and meat eating ... Well yeah, if you're not properly cooking your meat and eating it raw, ya get parasites.

Oh well, still an interesting document. He's definitely not wrong about the modern processed ready-made grocery store foods. There's some truth in it.

Grimork

Post by Grimork » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:57 pm

IndianaCreator wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:14 pm
To take a line from Pierce/N.A./Cosmotheism - There is one reality, not a yours and a mine.

It is strange that several people think that food, nutrition or health is an opinion with all opposing views on it being equally valid as another.

This book approaches every possible argument, so like with the other previous two books of Creativity it is revealed when somebody who claims to have read them having not by their questions or comments.

Here are some facts besides the point of this book. Klassen only wrote the last added chapter promoting Eugenics. Ben did not follow this according to adherents which knew him in person.

Most people do not follow every aspect. I think it is a good idea to set standards higher than expectations. Obviously such high goals would clearly eliminate the basic problems of smoking/nicotine which does not just harm the user but also those people nearby. It would be a reason to not use alcohol, and so on...
Well, I haven't seen many absolute facts, at least not facts proven absolutely, in this paper. There's a lot we are still discovering about this reality, that's where the difference in opinion comes in.

I can assure you I read the parts I am commenting on. I didn't see the issues I am commenting on discussed as far as the food aspects. I'll admit I skimmed the rest, as I tend to not read the rest of extremely long documents, when I am hit early on by things I see as untruths or outdated.

But as I was saying there is some good things in it, but I think there's some harmful advice as well.

Will Williams

Post by Will Williams » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:33 am

Grimork wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:57 pm
IndianaCreator wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:14 pm
... Klassen only wrote the last added chapter promoting Eugenics.
...But as I was saying there is some good things in it, but I think there's some harmful advice as well.
You are absolutely correct, Grimork. And IC is correct in saying BK only wrote the final chapter of Salubrious Living.

It is only natural that good advice about healthful living evolves as more discoveries are made.

Grimork

Post by Grimork » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:40 am

Yeah, IC was right about that; I figured out about BK not authoring it after the fact... It was some other naturalist medicine fellow, Arnold Paul DeVries?

Loooooong document though, much longer than I thought it was.

IndianaCreator

Post by IndianaCreator » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:46 am

One of my few criticisms of the Creativity religion is that there are too many books which have too many pages - even though the first three, NER/WMB&SL, are the main ideology and those together total about a thousand pages as does the jewish old testament combined with their newer goyim slave version. Authors often use repeatetion to expand length. But lengthy books go less read and people then assume its contents based on others words or understanding which could be wrong, omit things etc.

In Nature's Eternal Religion Klassen advised readers to not use nicotine or alcohol, giving himself as an example having smoked for several years then suddenly quitting at age forty. Hitler had a similar story and later after he quit thought those behaviors to be degenerate and wanted to eliminate their use, he also became vegetarian but still ate eggs and maybe some other derived foods which are not vegan.

The White Man's Bible chapter five to fourteen or so gives an introduction and a simplified foundation of Salubrious Living which could really stand on its own. The part that has made sense to people when I explain reason for being vegan, or at least not eating any meat, is that the human body has very long intestines where meat moves slowly decaying and causing deseases etc. Whereas animals meant to eat meat have much shorter intestines that it can quickly move through before the meat decay process usually begins.

Grimork

Post by Grimork » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:04 pm

I've heard the arguement that humans are actually frugivores (apes) instead of true omnivores (bears for example), not only because of our intestines but also by comparing our teeth.

I'm not sure, because I'm not a biologist but it seems like a sound enough position to me. I just severly dislike fruit, except oranges....for some reason. So my diet is automatically skewed and I can't compare myself to other people who eat normally. As the chairman knows I have other vegetable varieties I can't bring myself to consume either.
However I don't smoke anymore or drink currently. Although I did enjoy 1 beer or so on occasion, but I haven't been able to drink in forever. Don't miss it too much.