It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:31 pm

Caching weapons

Becoming self-sufficient
  • Author

Colin

Caching weapons

PostFri Sep 13, 2019 2:50 pm

Well gentlemen it looks like it is time to start stocking up on guns and ammo and creating caches, before the government starts cracking down.

Jim Mathias

Re: Caching weapons

PostSat Sep 14, 2019 12:10 am

While at this time I don't see weapons banning or confiscation on the near horizon, this topic is a good one anyway as a refresher for many of us.

If burying, place water-tight containers within a larger container. It makes removal years hence a lot easier. For example, placing sealed pvc tubes containing your arms/ammo within a larger, 55-gallon drum with removable/sealable lid that has its fasteners well coated with grease and protected by some plastic sheeting. Place a hacksaw or similar cutting device in the drum as well to open up the sealed pvc as it's presumed you've glued all the pieces together.

Using a larger pvc tube to put smaller ones in might work for you too, just bring the right tools with you when you come back to retrieve them.

Burying some scrap a foot or so above the barrel may confound searchers with metal detectors.

Some may use cosmoline or a similar grease-like chemical to coat weapons with, include a plentiful supply of a suitable solvent with your cache in the event these chemicals are in short supply when you dig them up.

It may be wise to not put all your eggs in one basket

There's more, but this is a start.
Contact me via PM to obtain quantities of the "Send Them Back" stickers.

Colin

PostSat Sep 14, 2019 9:48 am

Jim, I find vacuum sealing the ammo helps too. Also choose your spot well, a friend of mine buried one cashe under the trough in the pig pen. Let's see them find that.

PhuBai68

PostMon Sep 16, 2019 1:50 pm

I was going to suggest a SKS plus a couple thousand rounds IF someone is thinking of doing this.
Silly me, I was remembering the cheap (like $70) Chinese Norinco's selling at gun shows in the late 80's/early 90's or more recently the Romanian SKS's.
If you have a C&R FFL being shipped right to your door BUT it seems the days of really cheap SKS's are past.
I really never got into the AR thing but seeing that a SKS will set you back four bills if you added part of another C note to it you could have an AR type with detachable magazine loading instead of stripper clips.
Maybe by checking out pawn shops you could find a good deal.
I really don't known about caching weapons and ammo - to me that's kind of like the "bug out bag" idea. You can't move on the roadways out of any urban area Friday night of a three day weekend so if TSHTF good luck bugging out.

https://aimsurplus.com/chinese-type-56- ... s-grade-1/

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product ... ?a=1905116
It's not diversity, it's displacement.

Colin

PostMon Sep 16, 2019 7:16 pm

PhuBai68 wrote:I was going to suggest a SKS plus a couple thousand rounds IF someone is thinking of doing this.
Silly me, I was remembering the cheap (like $70) Chinese Norinco's selling at gun shows in the late 80's/early 90's or more recently the Romanian SKS's.
If you have a C&R FFL being shipped right to your door BUT it seems the days of really cheap SKS's are past.
I really never got into the AR thing but seeing that a SKS will set you back four bills if you added part of another C note to it you could have an AR type with detachable magazine loading instead of stripper clips.
Maybe by checking out pawn shops you could find a good deal.
I really don't known about caching weapons and ammo - to me that's kind of like the "bug out bag" idea. You can't move on the roadways out of any urban area Friday night of a three day weekend so if TSHTF good luck bugging out.

https://aimsurplus.com/chinese-type-56- ... s-grade-1/

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product ... ?a=1905116

What we are talking about is hiding guns and ammo around your property so that when they become illegal or severely restricted, you have a supply of arms that nobody knows about. If you are buying private sale guns there is no record, so the government doesn't know what you have and what you don't.

Return to Survivalism