Gentlemen i need your help in translation of "Who we are"

Will Williams

Re: Gentleman i need your help in translation of "Who we are

Post by Will Williams » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:42 pm

billecreip wrote:
Paul wrote:I am not sure how to translate this correctly: chapter #16 " Most of the independent tribes left were those east
of the Elbe."

Did the autor means that they leave there land? or they just lived on the left side of the Elba river?
"left" здесь значит "оставшиеся", "те, что остались/сохранились". Вариант перевода может быть таким: "Большинство племён, сохранивших независимость, жили восточнее Эльбы".

Как продвигается перевод?
Good. Thanks billecreip. Google translator gives a similar result for Russian language:

---
Here it means "rest," "those that were / are preserved." translation might be: "Most of the tribes, remaining independent, living east of the Elbe."
---

A proper Russian translation of Who We Are would not depend on Google Translation, however.
If Whites insist on participating in "social media," do so on ours, not (((theirs))). Like us on WhiteBiocentrism.com; follow us on NationalVanguard.org. ᛉ

Paul

Post by Paul » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:56 am

In chapter #17 about early slavs "...Others trace the word to the Slavic slovo, meaning "word" (i.e., the Slavs are
all those sharing the same tongue); slowien, meaning "flax" (a symbol of purity among the
early Slavs); or slova, meaning "marsh" (an allusion to the marshy condition of portions of
the Slavic homeland)..." From what language are the words "slowien" and "slova"? I ask because the word flax in polish is "len" in czech also "len" in croatian/serbian/slovenian/slovak it is also written like len. And the word marsh in slavic languages is written something like: bažina/bagno/močiar/močvirje

Jjack

Post by Jjack » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:18 pm

From my own reading of Dr. Pierce’s works and from his broadcasts I can safely say—repeat actually—that there is room for Slavic societies in his Utopia.

http://www.gate.net/~joachim/

Paul

Re: Gentlemen i need your help in translation of "Who we are

Post by Paul » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:02 pm

I am back agaIn, i suppose i found some kind of factological mistake in chapter 14# "When the wife of Sulpicius Severus, a Romanized fourth-century historian,
reproached the wife of a Celtic chieftain for the wanton ways of Celtic women, the Celtic
woman replied: "We fulfill the demands of nature in a much better way than do you Roman
women: for we consort openly with the best men, whereas you let yourselves be debauched in
secret by the vilest."
I found this words in Roman History written by greek Cassius Dio in chapter 77 http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/R ... o/77*.html
and that was wife of roman emperor Septimius Severus. So Author mix up historian Sulpicius Severus and emperor Septimius Severus?

Paul

Post by Paul » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:46 pm

Please, don't ignore mу question!

White Man 1

Post by White Man 1 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:17 pm

Paul wrote:I am not sure how to translate this correctly: chapter #16 " Most of the independent tribes left were those east
of the Elbe." Did the autor means that they leave there land? or they just lived on the left side of the Elba river?
How I take it is that the tribes lived to the east of the Elbe.

Paul

Post by Paul » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:41 am

I mean the last question about Sulpicius Severus.

White Man 1

Post by White Man 1 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:49 pm

Paul wrote:I am back agaIn, i suppose i found some kind of factological mistake in chapter 14# "When the wife of Sulpicius Severus, a Romanized fourth-century historian,
reproached the wife of a Celtic chieftain for the wanton ways of Celtic women, the Celtic
woman replied: "We fulfill the demands of nature in a much better way than do you Roman
women: for we consort openly with the best men, whereas you let yourselves be debauched in
secret by the vilest."
I found this words in Roman History written by greek Cassius Dio in chapter 77 http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/R ... o/77*.html
and that was wife of roman emperor Septimius Severus. So Author mix up historian Sulpicius Severus and emperor Septimius Severus?
Yes, every resource I can find confirms that you are correct.

Paul

Post by Paul » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:43 am

In the chapter #25 says: "With the war stalemated in 1916 and the British considering an armistice with the
Germans, the Jews stepped forward and offered their services to the British government in
persuading the government of the United States to enter the war on the British side."
What kind of "armistice with germans" autor means? Christmas truce or what?

White Man 1

Post by White Man 1 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:07 am

The British, outgunned and exhausted by the Germans, were considering conceding. They did not have the power to win the war by themselves.