A fit body preserves the healthy mind

bwhelan91

Re: A fit body preserves the healthy mind

Post by bwhelan91 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:59 am

I need to get back on the exercise train.. After having a baby it IS hard to go back even when you know its right!! A lot of us know we need to exercise but can't MAKE ourselves. -_- wanna work out? Haha

White_Vengeance
Location: In the Whitest possible location, high in the Appalachian Mountains, deep in the heart of Dixie.

Post by White_Vengeance » Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:05 am

bwhelan91 wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:59 am
I need to get back on the exercise train.. After having a baby it IS hard to go back even when you know its right!! A lot of us know we need to exercise but can't MAKE ourselves. -_- wanna work out? Haha
Attempting to return to a grueling exercise regimen demands strict discipline, and a steely focus. This is what almost always deters people from returning to exercising after having been lethargic and even stagnant for a while. The mind is a powerful, powerful force--both for good and bad. So, use your mind to tell your body that, as we were accustomed to saying in sports, "you don't have to 'get it all back' at one time."

Put another way, that time-tested saying means if you've dug yourself a deep hole, you cannot extricate yourself in one fell swoop--it takes many tiny, little baby steps. The sports analogy is based upon my many years of playing baseball. Say your team is losing 8-1 in the sixth inning; you cannot hit a 7-run homer to tie the score. Seven-run home runs don't exist in baseball. So, we would remind everyone on the bench--all our teammates--to just chip away at the opposition--bunt, squeeze plays, steal a base, hit-and-run, hit to the opposite field, take a base-on-balls, take one on-the-chin (a hit batsman; or hit-by-pitch); and execute everything perfectly. See, you cannot "get it all back at one time," but you can make incremental steps at closing that seven-run deficit. Eventually we would put tons of pressure on the opposing team even though it was the opposing team with the lead.

The same thought process goes for exercise--a little at a time is better than nothing. Ten minutes of exercise beats the heck out of ten minutes of ruminating over the fact that you've been away from an exercise regimen for so long that it is now impossible to ever return. Ten minutes begets twelve minutes the next day, which begets fourteen minutes the next day, which begets sixteen minutes the next. Eventually--and without even realizing it--you're suddenly exercising one full hour per day--or whenever you can find the time to devote an entire hour to exercising. This strategy works well with so many other things in life. I hope this helps. Best of luck.
Any White person who can see the threat to the future of the White race today and who refuses, whether from cowardice or selfishness, to stand up for his/her people does not deserve to be counted among them.

Jim Mathias

Post by Jim Mathias » Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:41 pm

bwhelan91 wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:59 am
Since you've written it down here, a good start has already been made. Keep writing it on your to-do list if needed.

I had to face the same thing a few months ago, and the hardest part was getting started. What put my boots on the ground and taking regular walks was a medical issue preventing me from beginning and that I told myself I absolutely need to get going once the issue was overcome. That worked.
Activism materials available! ===> Contact me via PM to obtain quantities of the "Send Them Back", "NA Health Warning #1 +#2+#3" stickers, and any fliers listed in the Alliance website's flier webpage.

bwhelan91

Post by bwhelan91 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:22 am

That is right!! 10 minutes is better then dwelling on the fact I have not been doing it. There are many excuses I could make up, but I won't anymore. Thanks for the positive input!!

White_Vengeance
Location: In the Whitest possible location, high in the Appalachian Mountains, deep in the heart of Dixie.

Post by White_Vengeance » Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:45 am

bwhelan91 wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:22 am
That is right!! 10 minutes is better then dwelling on the fact I have not been doing it. There are many excuses I could make up, but I won't anymore. Thanks for the positive input!!
You're most welcome, fellow White warrior. Have an exceptionally White Sunday, and may its "Whiteness" continue, unabated, right on through the Thanksgiving week. A happy, healthy, regenerative, and most White Thanksgiving to you and your wonderful White family.
Any White person who can see the threat to the future of the White race today and who refuses, whether from cowardice or selfishness, to stand up for his/her people does not deserve to be counted among them.