National Alliance activism and Alliance building in the news

Jim Mathias

National Alliance activism and Alliance building in the news

Post by Jim Mathias » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:26 am

National Alliance activism and Alliance building in the news. This thread documents the often-hostile press coverage by various "news" websites and their "mainstream" media counterparts where the National Alliance and its activism is noted.

This from Cedar Rapids, IA:

https://www.thegazette.com/subject/opin ... t-20190904
Wed., September 04, 2019
Iowa, you are racist
Look us up at natall.com
Look us up at natall.com
LYR flier CR gazette.jpg (28.81 KiB) Viewed 9914 times
Residents in an Iowa City neighborhood said they received copies of this flier in January. The leaflets included the logo and web address for National Alliance, which advocates “a government wholly committed to the service of our race and subject to no non-Aryan influence.”

In a Chinese restaurant in Des Moines, I heard a woman angrily asking a waiter for a better spoon. The spoon she’d been given is known as a duck spoon and has a wide flat bottom and a short handle. She didn’t want it. “Just a normal spoon,” she said. “For this restaurant,” the waiter replied, “this is the normal spoon.”

The moment the waiter walked away, I heard the woman say it. She said that phrase so commonly spoken by those protesting their innocence, while still committing the crime: “I’m not racist, but …” Her complaint was about the spoon, the design, how she didn’t like it, how she hated being forced to use them in Japanese and Chinese restaurants. Her frustration with the spoon spilled over into the attitude of the server and the restaurant as a whole. Yes, it was actually racist — these ideas of what made one utensil better, one utensil worse, and what should be “normal.”

Racism is the American the infection we refuse to diagnose. Recently, the New York Times 1619 Project sought to lay bare the racism that runs through the double helix of our national DNA. In response to the project, lawmakers and conservative pundits lashed out. Because to see the American enterprise as something inherently infected with racism, is to admit that our ideas of freedom and equality for all were never meant to be for all.

What would happen if we stopped protesting our innocence and instead came square with our crimes?

This reality is reflected on a local level. Iowa is 90 percent white. And our whiteness didn’t happen by accident. In his 2005 book, Sundown Towns, historian and sociologist James W. Loewen reveals that until very recently the prejudices of the Jim Crow South swept across all of America, including Iowa, where rules — formal and informal — kept people of color out of towns at night.

And while our rules may have changed, white bias persists. A 2016 report found that Iowa has the greatest racial disparity in prison populations. Additionally, an ACLU report points out, “Iowa has the largest racial disparity in the country of arrests in marijuana possession.” Iowa has only four lawmakers who are people of color.

Every time Congressman Steve King says something overtly racist, our media is deluged by lawmakers and citizens saying King doesn’t represent us or them, or anyone. That we aren’t racist, but … but, he’s here. But it’s his actual job to be a representative of his district and he keeps getting reelected. The Republican Party refuses to do anything about him.

And there is no “I’m not racist, but …” when it comes to our president, whose comments are not just misunderstandings of the “liberal media.” Not when he calls Mexican men rapists and tells four minority lawmakers to go back to where they came from. Not when he puts immigrants in cages on the border.

I am told people don’t like being called racist, but I’ve never seen the point in remarketing hate as a more palatable version of itself. Hate is just hate, even if it sits in the White House or next to me at a restaurant.

So, yes Iowa, you are racist. When schools and neighborhoods are built on racial divides. When Waterloo and Cedar Falls regularly rank as one of the worst cities for black Americans. When “whites only” fliers are posted all over Iowa City. And when, as I was looking to buy a house in Cedar Rapids, Realtors quietly whispered about “crime statistics” in “certain neighborhoods” and warned me, a white, single lady away. To insist “we are not racist, but …” would be to ignore the reality of the world we created.

What would happen if we stopped protesting our innocence and instead came square with our crimes? And I wonder too what would happen if the next time in a restaurant I wasn’t just a silent observer to racism? Because polite quiet is also how the infection spreads.

Comments: 319-398-8513; [email protected]
This article could be construed that the National Alliance would like to convince non-Whites they're not welcome in Iowa. In that case, I'm for the help this author is giving to the cause!
Activism materials available! ===> Contact me via PM to obtain quantities of the "Send Them Back", "NA Health Warning #1 +#2+#3" stickers, and any fliers listed in the Alliance website's flier webpage.

Jim Mathias

Re: National Alliance activism and Alliance building in the

Post by Jim Mathias » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:03 am

https://www.ourquadcities.com/news/loca ... -her-lawn/
A Davenport woman finds a flyer on her lawn. Now, she sleeps with a baseball bat next to her bed.

Couple, newspaper owner believe they were targeted by hate group

by: Tahera Rahman, [email protected], @TaheraTV
Posted: Sep 24, 2019 / 10:14 PM CDT / Updated: Sep 24, 2019 / 10:21 PM CDT

A woman in davenport is upset after she picked up her newspaper with a racist message stuck to it.

She found it on her front lawn yesterday.

It reads, “Send them back. They can’t make white babies.”

She believes she was targeted because she’s in an interracial marriage.

The group behind the message is the National Alliance.

The Southern Poverty Law Center considers it a neo-nazi extremist group.

The couple who found the flyer didn’t want to go on camera tonight because they’re worried about their safety.

This message is a sticker that was put onto the newspaper, called The Real Mainstream, based in Iowa City.

The editor was shocked to hear about the incident.

“I was surprised to see it happening here, I’m suprised to see it happening in the Quad Cities because we, again, believe that Iowans don’t believe in that kind of message. Overall, Iowans are a compassionate, caring and open-minded group of people,” Christine Hawes says.

But she says this isn’t the first time she’s seen something like this happen.

Hawes started her publication less than a year ago.

She describes it as a free, alternative newspaper that identifies strongly with the LGBTQ community.

Her goal is to unite people of all backgrounds.

“It’s this kind of hate speech that needs to be marginalized and it’s people of differing faiths and differing backgrounds that don’t deserve to be marginalized. That’s really what we’re there for, to create a greater sense of compassion and collaboration,” she says.

In June, Haws says the same group, the National Alliance, targeted another progressive paper in Iowa City.

Hawes says by choosing their newspapers to spread a hateful message, this group is attacking more than race.

“Essentially taking such a positive message and wrapping it in such a horrible message, it’s a way to try to confuse, erase, pit people against each other, diminish the strength of our message,” Hawes says.

Hawes says the incident inspires her.

“To hear the agony of the person that called to let us know about this flyer, to hear the pain that these flyers caused… It inspires us to work harder and we hope that it inspires everybody… to work a little harder and to keep putting the good word out there,” she says.
What a waste of a good sticker on a paranoid race-traitor. Then again, perhaps she should repent, give up her "relationship" with non-Whites, and fly right (and White) for a change. If any decent White man would have her...
Activism materials available! ===> Contact me via PM to obtain quantities of the "Send Them Back", "NA Health Warning #1 +#2+#3" stickers, and any fliers listed in the Alliance website's flier webpage.

Jim Mathias

Post by Jim Mathias » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:52 am

https://littlevillagemag.com/white-supr ... IMvvgRV-EY
Some residents of LeClaire, Iowa, woke up on Thursday morning to find fliers from the National Alliance, a neo-Nazi group, on their lawns and driveways. The fliers distributed in the city of 4,000, located near the Quad Cities, were wrapped around rolled-up copies of Little Village magazine.
Nice display of website address
Nice display of website address
Leclaire sticker.jpg (35.59 KiB) Viewed 9830 times
This is not the first time someone associated with the National Alliance has used copies of Little Village to help distribute their propaganda. In June, a different National Alliance flier, also wrapped around copies of Little Village, was thrown onto lawns on Iowa City’s north side. That same flier had already been distributed in the Wetherby Park neighborhood in January 2018, but that time it was wrapped around copies of Davenport-based River Cities’ Reader, a free monthly newspaper.

It should go without saying, but neither River Cities’ Reader nor Little Village has any connection to the National Alliance, beyond reporting on the hate group. But both are available for free, and add enough weight to allow the single-page fliers to be easily tossed into people’s yards.

The National Alliance is a white supremacist group founded in West Virginia in 1970. Explicitly racist and anti-Semitic, it has repeated called for the elimination of both Jews and racial minorities in America, and the establishment of an all-white homeland.

For decades, the National Alliance was considered one of the most dangerous white supremacist groups in the country, but over the last 20 years, it has largely fallen apart. The original leadership died, new leaders fought among themselves and its membership numbers collapsed. Currently, the group does little but sell white supremacist books and paraphernalia to its few remaining supporters.

At least one of those supporters lives in the Davenport area, and Little Village has been distributed in the Quad Cities since August 2018.

Offensive as the fliers are, it is not illegal to possess or distribute neo-Nazi or white supremacist propaganda.

A report issued in March by the Anti-Defamation League’s Center on Extremism documented a sharp increase in the distribution of white nationalist fliers, stickers, banners and posters during the previous year. “The propaganda, which includes everything from veiled white supremacist language to explicitly racist images and words, often features a recruitment element, and frequently targets minority groups, including Jews, Blacks, Muslims, non-white immigrants and the LGBTQ community,” the report stated.

The report found the number of 2018 incidents “far exceed any previous annual propaganda distribution counts.” There were 1,187 incidents reported nationwide, a 182 percent increase over the 2017 total of 421.

When the Anti-Defamation League issued the report, it cautioned that the report likely understated the extent of problem.
Did you see that? It's not illegal to distribute propaganda! Of course you did, I put it in a large font. :lol:

I'm amazed they'd make this admission. Most media outlets imply it's a crime to distribute flyers("police are investigating...") so once in awhile the truth does come out.

Colin

Post by Colin » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:31 am

Jim Mathias wrote:https://www.ourquadcities.com/news/loca ... -her-lawn/
A Davenport woman finds a flyer on her lawn. Now, she sleeps with a baseball bat next to her bed.

Couple, newspaper owner believe they were targeted by hate group

by: Tahera Rahman, [email protected], @TaheraTV
Posted: Sep 24, 2019 / 10:14 PM CDT / Updated: Sep 24, 2019 / 10:21 PM CDT

A woman in davenport is upset after she picked up her newspaper with a racist message stuck to it.

She found it on her front lawn yesterday.

It reads, “Send them back. They can’t make white babies.”

She believes she was targeted because she’s in an interracial marriage.

The group behind the message is the National Alliance.

The Southern Poverty Law Center considers it a neo-nazi extremist group.

The couple who found the flyer didn’t want to go on camera tonight because they’re worried about their safety.

This message is a sticker that was put onto the newspaper, called The Real Mainstream, based in Iowa City.

The editor was shocked to hear about the incident.

“I was surprised to see it happening here, I’m suprised to see it happening in the Quad Cities because we, again, believe that Iowans don’t believe in that kind of message. Overall, Iowans are a compassionate, caring and open-minded group of people,” Christine Hawes says.

But she says this isn’t the first time she’s seen something like this happen.

Hawes started her publication less than a year ago.

She describes it as a free, alternative newspaper that identifies strongly with the LGBTQ community.

Her goal is to unite people of all backgrounds.

“It’s this kind of hate speech that needs to be marginalized and it’s people of differing faiths and differing backgrounds that don’t deserve to be marginalized. That’s really what we’re there for, to create a greater sense of compassion and collaboration,” she says.

In June, Haws says the same group, the National Alliance, targeted another progressive paper in Iowa City.

Hawes says by choosing their newspapers to spread a hateful message, this group is attacking more than race.

“Essentially taking such a positive message and wrapping it in such a horrible message, it’s a way to try to confuse, erase, pit people against each other, diminish the strength of our message,” Hawes says.

Hawes says the incident inspires her.

“To hear the agony of the person that called to let us know about this flyer, to hear the pain that these flyers caused… It inspires us to work harder and we hope that it inspires everybody… to work a little harder and to keep putting the good word out there,” she says.
What a waste of a good sticker on a paranoid race-traitor. Then again, perhaps she should repent, give up her "relationship" with non-Whites, and fly right (and White) for a change. If any decent White man would have her...
I wonder how many fliers went out and only one person complained. Does any of the article ever mention that hundreds of fliers are distributed with just a few calling the police. It seems to me that at least some are reading them and not saying anything.

Will Williams

Post by Will Williams » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:11 pm

Jim Mathias wrote:https://littlevillagemag.com/white-supr ... IMvvgRV-EY
Some residents of LeClaire, Iowa, woke up on Thursday morning to find fliers from the National Alliance, a neo-Nazi group, on their lawns and driveways. The fliers distributed in the city of 4,000, located near the Quad Cities, were wrapped around rolled-up copies of Little Village magazine.
Leclaire sticker.jpg
This is not the first time someone associated with the National Alliance has used copies of Little Village to help distribute their propaganda. In June, a different National Alliance flier, also wrapped around copies of Little Village, was thrown onto lawns on Iowa City’s north side. That same flier had already been distributed in the Wetherby Park neighborhood in January 2018, but that time it was wrapped around copies of Davenport-based River Cities’ Reader, a free monthly newspaper.

It should go without saying, but neither River Cities’ Reader nor Little Village has any connection to the National Alliance, beyond reporting on the hate group. But both are available for free, and add enough weight to allow the single-page fliers to be easily tossed into people’s yards.

The National Alliance is a white supremacist group founded in West Virginia in 1970. Explicitly racist and anti-Semitic, it has repeated called for the elimination of both Jews and racial minorities in America, and the establishment of an all-white homeland.

For decades, the National Alliance was considered one of the most dangerous white supremacist groups in the country, but over the last 20 years, it has largely fallen apart. The original leadership died, new leaders fought among themselves and its membership numbers collapsed. Currently, the group does little but sell white supremacist books and paraphernalia to its few remaining supporters.

At least one of those supporters lives in the Davenport area, and Little Village has been distributed in the Quad Cities since August 2018.

Offensive as the fliers are, it is not illegal to possess or distribute neo-Nazi or white supremacist propaganda.

A report issued in March by the Anti-Defamation League’s Center on Extremism documented a sharp increase in the distribution of white nationalist fliers, stickers, banners and posters during the previous year. “The propaganda, which includes everything from veiled white supremacist language to explicitly racist images and words, often features a recruitment element, and frequently targets minority groups, including Jews, Blacks, Muslims, non-white immigrants and the LGBTQ community,” the report stated.

The report found the number of 2018 incidents “far exceed any previous annual propaganda distribution counts.” There were 1,187 incidents reported nationwide, a 182 percent increase over the 2017 total of 421.

When the Anti-Defamation League issued the report, it cautioned that the report likely understated the extent of problem.
Did you see that? It's not illegal to distribute propaganda! Of course you did, I put it in a large font. :lol:

I'm amazed they'd make this admission. Most media outlets imply it's a crime to distribute flyers("police are investigating...") so once in awhile the truth does come out.
Thanks for the heads up, Jim. That's two different news stories the same day about our activists spreading this flier in the quad=Cities area. Rabbi Carp must be apoplectic with fear, keeping a baseball bat by his bed. :lol:

I put this comment up under the Little Village article since they invite folks to comment. Anybody want to bet that it stays up?

---
Animal says:
Sep 27, 2019 at 1:08 am
So all LV and the River Cities Reader are good for is ballast? Perhaps some testing could be done to see how effective these propaganda mags are for use as ad hoc toilet paper too. Either way, it’s good to see the Alliance’s message again!

Will W Williams says:
Sep 27, 2019 at 2:00 pm
It’s also good that LV displays an image of the “crap” that landed in Ms. Regenwether’s driveway. I just went to Natall.com, thanks to LV showing the Web address, and find the Alliance’s site a real eye-opener compared to the fake news fed to us in the controlled media.
If Whites insist on participating in "social media," do so on ours, not (((theirs))). Like us on WhiteBiocentrism.com; follow us on NationalVanguard.org. ᛉ

Will Williams

Post by Will Williams » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:53 pm

I don't do Faceberg for good reason and never will. Look at what these cacklin' hens have to say there about our flier.
--

Facebook © 2019

Jean Regenwether
Well look what piece of crap landed in my driveway today. Wrapped around a little news publication called the Little Village Magazine. I will be contacting them I will have to drive around a d if I see you. You will get a piece of my mind.

Katie Campion Pfitzenmaier
Oh my gosh! How awful!!

Terri Moran
You go girl....Let them have it...

Teresa Decker
That's aweful no matter where u stand on the boarder issue. There's no need for that!

Maggie Stafford
Grrrrrrr..... let's print our own flyers, on recycled paper of course.

Maggie Stafford
or better yet, let's go to their meeting. I guess we are invited now. I wonder if they are voting membership...

Holly Johnson
Maggie Stafford maybe we should get a really large group together and attend, see if we can get them to leave town, maybe rapidly.

Maggie Stafford
Holly Johnson not that I have ever had a desire to attend a kkk rally or any such thing, but sometimes "joining'' em to beat em is the way to go. 6 or 7 hundred of our closest friends might do the trick.

Allison Sturtevant
That is real?! That is crazy BS!

Diane Adkins Rentschler
OMG! Tell them Jean!!

Kathy Hunt
Oh no!

Cathy Lane Bishop
But.....but...it was whites who brought them over involuntarily...the white supremacists keep missing that point....

Lynne Turnquist
that is just ugly

Jen Ostricki
I must live in a bubble...I hear this about this kind of stuff, but never really truly thought it existed. So sad.

Holly Johnson
That's harrassment, call the police. These idiots were the same ones passing out flyers last year at the tug fest. Bet it's the same guy.

Gwen Mielkey Dreibelbeis
WTH!!
If Whites insist on participating in "social media," do so on ours, not (((theirs))). Like us on WhiteBiocentrism.com; follow us on NationalVanguard.org. ᛉ

White Man 1

Post by White Man 1 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:11 am

or better yet, let's go to their meeting. I guess we are invited now. I wonder if they are voting membership...
Democracy and the 19th Amendment rolled into one tight package? I just don't think they're Alliance material, Will.

Jim Mathias

Post by Jim Mathias » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:27 am

White Man 1 wrote:
Democracy and the 19th Amendment rolled into one tight package? I just don't think they're Alliance material, Will.
You're right, they're not Alliance material as all they're doing is sitting around and gabbing rather than studying our life-philosophy and getting out and engaging other Whites in Alliance building. But the future belongs to those of us who are grabbing the brass ring, not to idle gossipers.

Jim Mathias

Post by Jim Mathias » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:34 am

From a previous article already posted here, but updated with the following:

https://littlevillagemag.com/white-supr ... -leclaire/
Update: On Monday, Sept. 30, a resident of Moline, Illinois, emailed Little Village to say the National Alliance fliers distributed in LeClaire last week had appeared in her neighborhood. Once again, they were wrapped around copies of Little Village.
So, who wants some stickers?

Jim Mathias

Post by Jim Mathias » Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:39 pm

https://qctimes.com/news/local/another- ... 44bd8.html
NATIONAL ALLIANCE
Another round of white supremacist flyers have shown up in the Quad-Cities

Tom Loewy [email protected] Oct 5, 2019 Updated 4 hrs ago

In late September, members of the National Alliance conducted another round of leafleting throughout portions of the Quad-Cities.

According to Allan Ross, that's nothing new.

"Really, there's hardly a weekend or a month that goes by that we don't hear of National Alliance flyers on cars or in parks or in front yards in a neighborhood," said Ross, the executive director of the Jewish Federation of the Quad-Cities. "I think we're all kind of hoping that it won't go any further than that. But it is a worry."

But new worries did grow for some residents after the latest round of flyers. In Bettendorf, leaflets were left on cars in the parking lot of the Home Depot on Middle Road. That store is not far from the Islamic Center on East Kimberly Road.

In at least one case, a Davenport woman found a flyer inscribed with the words "Send them back. They can't make white babies" attached to an independent newspaper regularly delivered to her porch. The woman felt she and her husband may have been targeted because of their different ethnicities.

For a number of area religious leaders and activist groups like One Human Family, the prospect of white nationalists and white supremacists targeting individuals based on their ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual preference or gender identity adds another layer of fear and intimidation.

"I feel the flyers are intimidating — and aimed at individuals as well as groups," Ross said. "They are seductive," Ross said. "The flyers are kind of gentle. They talk about general ideals.

"But they have become more threatening. And just take a look at the National Alliance website. It's not long before you start to hear justifications for genocide."

Officials from the Bettendorf Police Department and the Springfield office of Federal Bureau of Investigation said there is no evidence the National Alliance has targeted individuals in the Quad-Cities communities.

The Davenport Police Department echoed that statement.

"With the reports that we have received regarding the dissemination of hate literature, they have occurred in public spaces where many people are at… the football stadium, apartment complex or a neighborhood and several vehicles would get flyers placed on them," a statement from the DPD said. "We are very limited by the law on what we can do to track and or monitor groups."

A spokesperson from the FBI pointed out "Law enforcement really can't do much when there is just general leafleting. It's a First Amendment right. Generally speaking, there has to be the intention to harass or intimidate someone before it can be looked at as a crime."

One local religious leader said the goal of all the flyers is simple.

"It doesn't really matter if individuals are targeted or just a general audience. Those flyers are put on cars to create fear and question one's safety in the community. This is a very troubling situation for people who are members of minority groups," said Lisa Killinger, the president of the Islamic Center in Bettendorf and a founding member of One Human Family. "We know there are supremacists out there. What is clear is they have become emboldened. And there's always a worry of where that might end."

A history of white supremacy
The Rev. Rich Hendricks of the Metropolitan Community Church of the Quad Cities said if people knew more about the National Alliance they might not be so quick to think of it as "just another group leaving flyers on cars."

The National Alliance grew out of a political movement started in 1968 called Youth for Wallace — backers of the ideology of presidential candidate George Wallace. The then-governor of Alabama preached in favor of segregation and states' rights, and is infamous for releasing attack dogs on Civil Rights demonstrators.

Youth for Wallace laid the groundwork for the National Youth Alliance, which quickly descended into factions. William Luther Pierce emerged as the leader National Youth Alliance after he gained control of the largest faction of the NYA in 1970. He continued the organization under that name until its reorganization in 1974 as the National Alliance.

Pierce and the National Alliance went on to be arguably the most successful neo-Nazi group in the United States. At its peak in the 1990s, the NA circulated Pierce’s fascist work of fiction, “The Turner Diaries” and distributed other “Aryan” literature through its National Vanguard Publishing.

Pierce advocated war to "cleanse" the United States of all non-whites and all non-Christians.

The National Vanguard is still alive and its online publication even offered its own take on the National Alliance's local leafleting efforts in late September, claiming there was no intent to "target" individuals.

"The Davenport-area media site 'Our Quad Cities' reported that a pervert newspaper editor and a flagrant anti-White were unhappy about our fliers (what a surprise!) and felt that they were being 'targeted' (not a chance — the National Alliance’s positive outreach is directed at healthy White folks, and only accidentally gets into the hands of such haters)," the website reads.

The local chapter of the National Alliance is not new. According to the Southern Poverty Law Center, it even survived a near-collapse of the national group in the early 2000s.

That's because of James Lee Mathias. He entered the spotlight two years ago.

On the evening of Friday, Sept. 22, 2017, Davenport police responded to a report of a suspicious man putting white supremacist flyers on cars at Brady Street Stadium, the sports facility for the Davenport School District.

The man placing the flyers was Mathias, and he was carrying a firearm. He was cited for carrying a weapon on school grounds, a Class D felony punishable by up to five years in prison. In June 2018 he was sentenced to five years of supervised probation and three years of suspended prison time.

Mathias has been a member of the National Alliance since 2000, according to the hate-watch group.

In the early 2000s, it's estimated the National Alliance had 1,400 members. After Pierce died unexpectedly in 2002, the National Alliance was plagued by infighting with other racist extremists and the SPLC declared it “almost irrelevant” by 2009.

According to the SPLC, Mathias maintained his membership through the tumult, and in 2015 was identified as a major donor to the group.
No idea why the Chick comics were shown, the National Alliance doesn't have anything to do with them. I do like the idea of these comics, wish we had something of our own passed around using that type of publication.

Note the "feelings" presented as fact. The assumptions the muslim woman made about the intent for distributing flyers in whatever fashion is also presented as some sort of fact. To critical thinkers, these examples are laughable as they're not based on any fact at all.