Re: Somebody has been in the news

Post by Jim Mathias » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:11 am

https://www.insidehighered.com/quicktak ... azi-fliers
Comments section here too.
College Denounces Hate Speech on Neo-Nazi Fliers
By Emma Whitford
October 1, 2018
12 COMMENTS

Fifty to 75 fliers saying “it’s alright [sic] to be white” and “save the white race” written on them were found on parked cars at John A. Logan College, posted by the neo-Nazi group Church of Creativity. On Friday, the college issued a statement denouncing the hate speech, the Southern Illinoisan reported.

“John A. Logan College is deeply disturbed by the recent appearance on our campus of white supremacist flyers from the Church of Creativity and feel compelled to speak out and condemn the message of intolerance the group promotes,” the statement read.

Steve O’Keefe, a college spokesperson, told the Illinoisan that whoever distributed the fliers remains under investigation
Investigate....what? Free speech?
Activism materials available! ===> Contact me via PM to obtain quantities of the "Send Them Back", "NA Health Warning #1 +#2+#3" stickers, and any fliers listed in the Alliance website's flier webpage.

Jim Mathias

Re: Somebody near Des Moines has been in the news

Post by Jim Mathias » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:01 am

https://www.kcci.com/article/central-io ... s/23694057
Central Iowa organizations targeted with 'hate flyers'
Updated: 9:24 PM CDT Oct 9, 2018

DES MOINES, Iowa —
Multiple central Iowa organizations say they were target with hate and anti-Semitic posters Monday.

The Interfaith Alliance of Iowa and Planned Parenthood health centers in Des Moines said they were targeted with the hateful flyers.

"On Monday, I walked up to my office to find a hate flyer attached to the door," stated Connie Ryan, executive director of Interfaith Alliance of Iowa. "It took my breath away. It was not the first time I have experienced hate, and it won't be the last."

The groups said the flyers came from a "nationally recognized hate organization" and that the flyers contained "anti-Semitic conspiracy propaganda."

"It is disgusting that anti-Semites would target our patients and staff with this white supremacist propaganda," said Erin Davison-Rippey, state executive director of Planned Parenthood in Iowa. "Planned Parenthood condemns the ideology and fear-based intimidation tactics of these white nationalist groups, and we stand with the Jewish community and other allies against this hateful vitriol and oppression. Planned Parenthood health centers are and will remain a safe place for people of all faiths -- no matter what."

The organizations said identical hate flyers have appeared in communities across the nation, particularly on college campuses.

"The Jewish people have a long history of facing hatred and persecution," stated Rabbi David Kaufman, of Temple B'nai Jeshurun, in Des Moines. "Posters like the ones found in Des Moines on Monday are yet another reminder that our efforts in making America a place in which we and other minority communities may live in safety, liberty and happiness are ever needed and our achievements always under threat."

Officials with the Interfaith Alliance of Iowa, Planned Parenthood of the Heartland and the Jewish Federation of Greater Des Moines said they hope Iowans will stand together against the flyers, which "perpetuate hate and defame our neighbors, friends, and family who are Jewish."

"It is my hope that we will never be numb to actions of hate and they will always shock us," Ryan said. "All of the good people of Iowa must always stand up and speak out, rejecting words and actions of hate. It has no place in this community or in Iowa.
Activism materials available! ===> Contact me via PM to obtain quantities of the "Send Them Back", "NA Health Warning #1 +#2+#3" stickers, and any fliers listed in the Alliance website's flier webpage.

White Man 1

Post by White Man 1 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:37 am

"Planned Parenthood condemns the ideology and fear-based intimidation tactics of these white nationalist groups, and we stand with the Jewish community and other allies against this hateful vitriol and oppression. Planned Parenthood health centers are and will remain a safe place for people of all faiths -- no matter what."
I needed a good laugh this morning. Planned Parenthood will continue to try and be as open and inviting as possible as long as they are allowed to murder White children!

Jim Mathias

Post by Jim Mathias » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:49 am

White Man 1 wrote:
"Planned Parenthood condemns the ideology and fear-based intimidation tactics of these white nationalist groups, and we stand with the Jewish community and other allies against this hateful vitriol and oppression. Planned Parenthood health centers are and will remain a safe place for people of all faiths -- no matter what."
I needed a good laugh this morning. Planned Parenthood will continue to try and be as open and inviting as possible as long as they are allowed to murder White children!
They're just another hand raised against us that we must never forget. A day of reckoning must come, whether it's during our lifetimes or that of our descendants but all must remember and act accordingly when the shoe is on the other foot....

Jim Mathias

Re: Somebody in NYC has been in the news

Post by Jim Mathias » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:01 am

https://abc13.com/politics/fliers-call- ... -/4445648/
Fliers from neo-Nazi Texas group call on residents to report undocumented immigrants

Tuesday, October 09, 2018 02:53PM
SUNNYSIDE, Queens -- There is outrage over some anti-immigrant fliers that were found posted in Queens.

The signs urge people to report undocumented immigrants to the government, calling it "civic duty."

The posters are turning up in Sunnyside Queens, an ethnically rich neighborhood in a city full of immigrants.

"We are the home to so many immigrants from so many different countries, speaking so many different languages," said New York City Councilman Jimmy Van Bramer. "That's what makes Queens so unique and so special."

But it seems someone doesn't quite agree. While out on a jog this weekend, Van Bramer says he was shocked to see a flier posted on Skillman Avenue that called on residents to report undocumented immigrants.

"It drew my attention because it looked semi-official," he said. "And then I started reading it, and I really got chills."

The councilman says he promptly tore down the flier and tweeted the incident.

The number at the bottom of the poster is a legitimate number for Homeland Security. It's not clear if any tips were actually reported.

The councilman says a white supremacy, neo-Nazi group from Texas has claimed responsibility for the flier. Two have been ripped down so far.
I'm surprised any healthy White would still live in The Rotten Apple. But whoever you are, it's good to see your efforts.

Jim Mathias

Re: Somebody from Yonkers has been in the news

Post by Jim Mathias » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:42 am

https://yonkers.dailyvoice.com/news/hat ... es/743104/
Hate Flyers Linked To Neo-Nazi Group Found At Two Area Colleges
Zak Failla
Joe Lombardi
Hateful fliers were posted on a pair of Hudson Valley college campuses. Photo Credit: Oren Segal Director of the ADL Center on Extremism

A pair of Hudson Valley colleges were among four in the country that had anti-Semitic fliers blaming Jewish people for the allegations of sexual assault against newly sworn-in Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh posted on campuses this week.

Fliers that read "Every time some Anti-White, Anti-American, Anti-freedom event takes place, you look at it, and it’s Jews behind it,” written in all capital letters cropped up on the campuses of Vassar and Marist colleges this week. They also say “brought to you by your local Stormer Book Club,” which is considered to be a group of white supremacists.

According to the Anti-Defamation League, “Stormer Book Clubs (SBC) are small localized crews of young white men who follow and support Andrew Anglin and his neo-Nazi website, The Daily Stormer. SBC members present themselves as American Nationalists and are part of the alt-right segment of the white supremacist movement.

“SBC members have attended events and demonstrations organized by other white supremacist groups. SBC rhetoric and propaganda is dominated by crude and vitriolic anti-Semitic language and graphics. SBC members, who are considered the “on the ground” arm of the Daily Stormer website, spread their hateful propaganda via the Internet and by distributing fliers.”

The fliers were also disseminated on college campuses in California this week.

In a statement, a Marist spokesperson said that security at the school has detained an individual after receiving reports about anti-Semitic posters on campus.

The Poughkeepsie Police Department was then alerted and the suspect admitted to posting the fliers in the area. Officials at the college noted that the suspect was not a student at the school and he has since been banned from the campus.

Police said that the person was not arrested, as the fliers do not technically constitute a hate crime.

In a letter to students and staff, Vassar President Elizabeth Bradley wrote that "the individual we believe was responsible for hanging the posters on our campus, as well as on the campuses of other colleges in the area was apprehended.”

Jim Mathias

Re: Somebody in Ft. Worth has been in the news

Post by Jim Mathias » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:51 am

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/loca ... 87210.html
Anti-immigration banner hung from Fort Worth bridge, hate group posts fliers in city
BY KALEY JOHNSON

[email protected]
October 05, 2018 08:34 PM
Updated October 08, 2018 11:01 AM

Within two days, an anti-immigration banner was hung from a busy Fort Worth bridge and a hate group’s fliers were distributed throughout the city.

The banner declared “deport them all” and was hung from the Morningside Bridge on I-35 on Tuesday. The bridge, located near West Berry Street, is in a primarily Hispanic area, according to Fort Worth demographics.

According to a video from United Fort Worth, a grassroots, cross-cultural alliance group — a group of Hispanic men — took the banner down when they saw it on the way to work. One of them said he saw the man who put the sign up, but the man was wearing a mask.

“I just want to say that around here, we’re not going to tolerate none of that,” one of the men says in a video posted by United Fort Worth. “This is our city. We’re here to stay. We’re gonna let them know, we’re going to be here no matter what, they can’t do nothing. We’re not doing nothing bad.”

“We just ask our city leaders to stand with us in solidarity to condemn this act in Fort Worth. This affects us all as a community,” another man said.

On Thursday, fliers were posted around the city with statements such as “Reclaim America” and “Better dead than Red” above a Communist symbol.

The group Patriot Front took responsibility for the fliers on its Twitter page. According to the Anti-Defamation League, the Patriot Front is an alt-right, white-supremacist group based in Texas.

According to the ADL, 19-year-old Thomas Ryan Rousseau leads the group. He is known for leading the Vanguard America Texas during the Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville, Virginia.

Mindia Whittier, community organizer for United Fort Worth, said the group wants to hear from city officials concerning the banner and fliers.

“These are types of hate events that have to be met with very swift and definitive messages to denounce them to make sure people know they are not acceptable in our community,” she said.

“The reason we got here and why people feel emboldened to this is because we don’t have history in our community of taking a stand against racially biased laws, like Senate Bill 4, and have a history where our city has created an environment where people feel it’s acceptable.”

Whittier said the group tagged Mayor Betsy Price and city council members in a Facebook post, but city officials have not issued public statements.

“When they don’t address it, the silence says as much as a statement would say,” she said.

Fort Worth police said they did not receive calls about either incident. Whittier said she reported the signs and banner to three Fort Worth officers through email Thursday and Friday morning, but had not received a response as of Friday at 10 p.m.

Thursday was not the first time Patriot Front has posted white supremacist messages in the area.

Similar posters by Patriot Front were reported in north Arlington in June. They urged people to report undocumented immigrants to U.S. Customs and Border Protection.

Since Patriot Front’s inception, the ADL has recorded 187 incidents in which the group’s propaganda has been distributed around the country, with 47 in Texas and nine in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, according to a previous interview with ADL.

Patriot Front tweeted photos of fliers posted in Fort Worth on July 23, Aug. 17 and Aug. 25.

Since July, the group has also tweeted photos of fliers it says it posted in Irving, Roanoke, McKinney, Grand Prairie, Edgecliff Village, Keller, Plano and Hurst.

By Friday morning, most of the fliers had been removed in downtown Fort Worth, but one remained on a fire hydrant at the corner of Main Street and West 1st Street until shortly before noon, when it was removed by a member of United Fort Worth.

The other fliers were stuck to a lamp post near the Central Library, a newspaper box near Jos A. Bank clothing store, and over a poster for the movie “Fahrenheit 11/9” on the AMC Palace Theater.

Jim Mathias

Re: Somebody from Johnson City has been in the news

Post by Jim Mathias » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:46 am

https://www.johnsoncitypress.com/Politi ... ed-at-ETSU
Controversial flyers discovered at ETSU
BRANDON PAYKAMIAN • UPDATED OCT 6, 2017 AT 12:05 AM
[email protected]

<picture of Identity Evropa posters>

After East Tennessee State University students discovered flyers from a white nationalist group on campus Thursday, members of the campus community have been keeping an eye out for hate group activity.

According to Lisa Moss, a member of the United Campus Workers union, students in the D.P Culp University Center discovered flyers from Identity Evropa, a group recognized by the Southern Poverty Law Center as a hate group. Once they were noticed, the flyers were immediately taken down and reported to ETSU administration.

“There were about five or six. They were by the elevator on the bulletin board in the Culp Center,” Moss said.

Founded by California white supremacist organizer Nathan Damigo, a self-proclaimed “identitarian” and veteran who served during Operation Iraqi Freedom, the group fashions itself as “a generation of awakened Europeans who have discovered that we are part of the great peoples, history, and civilization that flowed from the European continent,” according to the group’s website.

In 2007, Damigo was convicted of the armed robbery of a taxicab driver in La Mesa, California. He said he believed the man was Iraqi. He spent four years in prison, reading the literature of far-right racist ideologues.

He founded Identity Evropa in 2016.

Today, the group continues to organize against multiculturalism and “Jewish influence,” often looking to universities to recruit new members. Damigo and others with the group were also instrumental in helping organize the Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, which resulted in the violent clashes that left dozens injured and one activist, Heather Heyer, dead.

Moss said she was alarmed by how “slick” the flyers were and how they weren’t overtly offensive. She said groups like Identity Evropa, which have conducted similar campaigns on other campuses, have appeared to take a new approach by attempting to intellectualize racism.

“Of course, I think it's horrific. If you look on their website, you see that it’s a slick rebranding,” Moss said. “And I think it's even scarier that they would try to make it easier to normalize on campus.”

For students and other members of the campus community who are familiar with the group, the discovery of the flyers was alarming.

“Quite frankly, if I see any more of this garbage, I’m going to put it in the recycling (bin) where it belongs,” student Erin Drinnon said of the flyers. “This group in particular preys on young, disillusioned white men who want to feel like they’re fighting back against something oppressive because they can’t stand the idea of admitting to being privileged. I believe in free speech, but the implications of this are closer to the incitement of violence.

“If we’re not careful, they’re going to create another Timothy McVeigh. I don’t feel safe with this on my campus.”

Joe Smith, ETSU’s executive assistant to the president for University Relations, said the flyers were not put up with campus approval. To his knowledge, only a few have been discovered so far.

“Right now, it’s an extremely isolated incident, and we’ll have to continue to monitor the situation,” Smith said.

Earlier this week, the hate group also distributed dozens of flyers at Middle Tennessee State University, where President Sidney A. McPhee issued a statement Monday evening condemning the group’s activities on campus and “hateful rhetoric that diminishes any member of the MTSU family.”

We strongly condemn the views of white supremacist, neo-Nazi and other hate groups. While we will respect the right of free speech when exercised within the policies of the university, we will also continue to work to make our campus as safe as possible and to advance the values of our True Blue Pledge. Those values commit us to reason, not violence; to both listening and speaking; and to our membership in this diverse community. We will maintain our focus on the enrichment that comes to our campus through the wide range of backgrounds represented by our students, faculty, staff and alumni, and we will refuse to give to hate groups the attention that they seek,” McPhee said.

Moss said she worries the flyers are a part of an organized campaign by the hate group to recruit members from universities across the country.
Love the University's President double-talk at the end of the article. In the space of a few sentences blatant hypocrisy rears its ugly head by someone allegedly educated. If these White haters were honest, they'd just come out and tell us they fear and loathe Whites.

Jim Mathias

Re: Somebody from Cherry Hill has been in the news

Post by Jim Mathias » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:20 am

https://6abc.com/hate-flyers-left-on-se ... s/4477265/
Hate fliers left on several Cherry Hill residents' lawns

By Annie McCormick
Monday, October 15, 2018 11:07AM
CHERRY HILL, N.J. (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a hate crime incident in Cherry Hill, New Jersey.

"I walked out Saturday morning and I found that in my driveway. It had rice in it, and I started reading it and it was about Jews and it had KKK right at the bottom there's a phone number on it."

At first, Cherry Hill resident Ken Weidenfeld did not know if the anti-Semitic flier encased in a ziplock back with rice weighing it down was meant just for him.

Saturday morning neighbors began finding fliers, some anti-Semitic with a picture of Hitler.

They included offensive language and one of the fliers had the emblem of the Loyal White Knights of the Ku Klux Klan at the bottom with a phone number to call.

Police say a variety of fliers were found in the Old Orchard section of Cherry Hill specifically on Waverly Road, Lampost CherrLand, and Mimosa Drive.

One neighbor, Natanael Solis of Cherry Hill said, "It's disturbing especially for someone of my color, my race, and it really disturbs me because I wouldn't expect to see that around here."

"This is horrifying. I mean, it's so scary. This is a very integrated neighborhood," said Deborah Perian of Cherry Hill.

John Perian added, "These people here are free to do what they want, we just don't feel like listening to it."

Cherry Hill police began collecting the fliers from neighbors lawns and estimate about 30 homes received them.

Now authorities are looking for video of the people responsible.

They believe the fliers were distributed Friday night into Saturday morning.

The person or people responsible could face charges. Until they are found, the chief of police has a message for them.

"We understand people have a right to free speech but this type of behavior, coming in the dark of night and throwing these on people's lawns is cowardly. If you want to contact me and have a conversation I'll be more than happy to have a conversation with you, but the way you're going about it is not acceptable," said Chief William Monaghan.

Congressman Donald Norcross issued a statement on Sunday regarding the fliers, stating, "I've said it before and I'll say it again -- hate, violence and racism have no place in our communities or our country. This cowardly, offensive act is an attack against all of us, and we must fully investigate this and hold the individuals responsible accountable."
The cops have no business in this matter, but the police chief seems to want to harass those who exercised their free speech! No doubt he's got a few ideas on how to use the law against those he doesn't agree with, it seems so many of them do.

Jim Mathias

Re: Somebody in Walla Walla has been in the news

Post by Jim Mathias » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:23 am

https://whitmanwire.com/news/2018/10/08 ... n-penrose/
More Hate Speech Flyers in Penrose
Audrey Hecker, Staff Reporter
October 8, 2018

The recent discovery of hundreds of hate speech flyers found in Penrose Library was met promptly by Whitman staff. President Kathy Murray sent an email to the campus community on the issue, and library staff have been working to locate and remove remaining flyers

Dalia Corkrum, the Library Director, expressed worry regarding the flyers and ensures that the issue is being addressed by the college.

“It’s really unfortunate, but [the flyers] reflect views that certain members of our society hold,” Corkrum said. “They most certainly don’t support the views of the college or higher education at large … I really hope and believe that members of the Whitman community understand our commitment to providing a safe space for intellectual pursuit and study.”

The flyers themselves vary in content. Most of them “provide a URL to [sites that] espouse white nationalist points of view,” Corkrum said. Others depict racist caricatures and anti-Semitic messages.

“I was shocked the first time, and I am disgusted every time I see the flyers,” Alzada Tipton, Provost and Dean of the Faculty, said. “I hope that the whole college community commits to being alert in the library for the person distributing the flyers, if in fact this is an activity that is continuing.”

This isn’t the first time that these flyers have appeared at Whitman, nor is Whitman the first school to be targeted.

“These particular flyers started showing up [at Whitman] 10 years ago, and it’s been very sporadic,” Corkrum said. “I’ve talked to a lot of my colleagues around the country [at] liberal arts colleges and they are facing the same kinds of things … It’s not just us.”

Given the recurrence of this issue, it is unclear whether or not the most recent flyer discoveries were put there recently.

“I feel like some of this [activity] may be a little bit newer,” Corkrum said.

Kazi Joshua, the Dean of the Students, expressed concern for the effect this news may have on targeted groups.

“We want to be clear to anybody who may feel any degree of anxiety or worry: come to the Dean of the Students office, go to the counseling center,” Dean Joshua said. “I don’t want people to walk around fearful that some great harm is going to happen them … they should go to school, they should study.”

These effects extend beyond the Whitman community, as Penrose Library is open to the public as well as students.

“We are open to the public … [so] anybody can walk into the library and do their work, [and] we think that should continue,” Dean Joshua said. “So … increased vigilance around where these things have been found [is important].”

Due to the fact that Penrose is open to the public, the task of tracking the perpetrator is difficult and something the college has not pursued. However, they are working to keep the community informed, clear out books with these flyers in them, and remain watchful of areas in the library where flyers are accumulating the most.

“My own sense of this is that [the flyers are] being placed for shock value,” Corkrum said. “And we don’t welcome them, so we do whatever we can to get rid of them.”

Dean Joshua shares similar sentiments, and ensures that the college is dedicated to properly addressing this issue.

“These are very serious matters,” Dean Joshua said. “The college is committed to making sure that we provide conditions of safety — clearly diversity and inclusion are crucial to our work going forward — so this is something that we are taking seriously and paying close attention to.”
Oh, the poor dears might need counseling for acts of free speech. Open and free discussion of different points of view is so......sooo.....invasive of safe spaces! Perhaps free speech should be allowed only at real colleges and universities. ;)