Orania

Securing the existence of our people
Will Williams

Orania

Post by Will Williams » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:04 pm

"Churches, lots of churches" in Orania. That could be this settlement's undoing since the Dutch Reform Church declared racism to be a sin. These White folks need a more suitable religion if they are going to persevere. See the video (hit the link) where a Black man (Pumza Fihlani?) wanders through the place, narrating a piece about these White racial separatists, without being noticed it seems. Makes little sense. :cry:

-----

Inside South Africa's whites-only town of Orania
By Pumza Fihlani
BBC News, Orania
6 October 2014

In the sparsely populated Karoo desert in the heart of South Africa's Northern Cape, the spirit of apartheid lives on.

I spent a few days in Orania, a town established in 1991 where no black people live.

I was part of a BBC crew, including Zimbabwean journalist Stanley Kwenda, who were accredited to visit.

And during that time, I did not see any other black people in the town of 1,000 - an unusual experience in modern South Africa.

It is an Afrikaner-only town, where only Afrikaans is spoken, because of fears about "diluting culture".

"We do not fit in easily in the new South Africa. It [Orania] was an answer to not dominating others and not being dominated by others," says Carel Boshoff Jr, the community leader.

Mr Boshoff is one of the leaders of the town founded by his father Carel Boshoff Snr, an Afrikaner intellectual and son-in-law of apartheid architect, Hendrik Verwoerd.

The town was founded by Mr Boshoff Snr as a registered company shortly before white-minority rule ended in the rest of the country.

Mr Verwoerd's grandson tells me that his people were faced with a tough question about their future when the black government was elected in 1994.

"In terms of Afrikaners who had been standing very close to the state, when the policies such as black economic empowerment and affirmative action came into place, Afrikaners needed to seriously think about their future. It wouldn't make sense not to," he said.

Black Economic Empowerment (BEE) was introduced to encourage more black participation in business.

Orania has also proved to be the answer for those Afrikaners who felt displaced in the land their people had ruled for many decades.

"I see nothing wrong with apartheid," says Martin Kemp, one of the older residents.

"Of course you get the petty apartheid: 'You use this toilet I use that toilet', I don't think that was necessary but the real apartheid as Dr Verwoerd saw it, there was nothing wrong with it," he said.

We were taken on a guided tour of the town's facilities by John Strydom, a retired doctor.

The town's leaders insist that Orania is misunderstood. "We are not against black people. We are for ourselves," is their message.

However, black people cannot live here.

Prospective residents are screened by the town council using a strict criterion, which includes first and foremost being an ethnic Afrikaner.

It is not enough to simply speak Afrikaans, as is the case with many black and mixed-race South Africans.

Eerie place

As we sat down with Mr Boshoff for a cup of what the cafe described as "proper Boere [Afrikaner] tea… strong", I took in some of the surroundings.

Near the entrance of the gated community was a statue of Mr Verwoerd, one of a few of the apartheid-era prime ministers, and the Orania flag - with similar colours to the old republic's orange, white and blue stripes - which hung proudly.

The town was quiet; the sound of birds and rustling leaves interrupted by a few cars passing by. It is an eerie place for an outsider.

Afrikaners in South Africa:

Afrikaners are descendants of Dutch, German and French settlers who arrived in the 17th Century
The Dutch, who arrived in 1652, took over land from local people and put them to work as farm workers
Afrikaners dominated South Africa for many decades and introduced the apartheid system which was based on racial segregation
Orania was established in 1991, by Afrikaner intellectual Carel Boshoff Snr
The town is built on 8,000 hectares of farmland along the Orange River

The town boasts amenities such as shops, hair salons, a library, a post office, a hotel, a couple of schools - and churches, a lot of churches.

But beneath the surface of this solitude lurks a fear that leads people to abandon high-paying jobs in the city for lowly jobs in this arid land.

"The levels of crime and violent crimes in South Africa are definitely pushing powers that bring people to Orania. Many of them have been victims of crimes," says Mr Boshoff.

South Africa is considered to be one of the most violent societies in the world, with one of the highest murder rates.

Official statistics suggest that most crimes actually happen in poor communities between people known to each other, but this has not stopped the fear of crime in other communities.

'Little giant'

As a result, Orania officials say the town has had an annual growth rate of nearly 10% since its inception.

The Afrikaner community's totem is "the little giant", a man with rolled-up sleeves who features in the flag and the local money, the Ora which is pegged to the South African rand.

The people do their own work from gardening to plumbing, bricklaying and waste-collection - jobs usually done by black labourers in the rest of the country.

We sleep with the doors unlocked. You can walk in the street at 3am without any fear

Quinton Diedrichs, Bar owner

"It takes some adjusting to. It is more difficult for some people because they are used to how things were done in South Africa, they are not used to manual labour," says Mr Strydom.

The locals explain that one of the goals in Orania is to help create a generation of pure Afrikaners untouched by the "outside world".

Bizarrely, the town's existence is protected by South Africa's constitution through a clause that ensures the right to self-determination - introduced to reassure those worried about the transition to democracy.

With its old Cape-Dutch styled houses it is like stepping back in time, but some families fear this place could eventually be too small for their children.

'Respect'

Theunie Kruger moved from Johannesburg recently after he was offered a job in Orania.

Mr Kruger says his two children are enjoying life in the countryside but he and his wife are preparing them for a world where there is not just one race or culture.

"There is no tertiary institution here for example. They need to be equipped to handle the outside world," he says...
---

More here: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-29475977
If Whites insist on participating in "social media," do so on ours, not (((theirs))). Like us on WhiteBiocentrism.com; follow us on NationalVanguard.org. ᛉ

RetiredAndLivingOnAltairIV

Re: Orania

Post by RetiredAndLivingOnAltairIV » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:20 pm

Pumza Fihlani, the negroid author of this article:

Wade Hampton III

Post by Wade Hampton III » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:27 pm

Churches. That will be their undoing...

:evil:

PhuBai68

Post by PhuBai68 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:28 pm

RetiredAndLivingOnAltairIV wrote:Pumza Fihlani, the negroid author of this article:

This is something I've noticed over the years - you take any non-white race and when white genes are introduced you have someone that is better looking (and in most cases more intelligent) than someone of their parent race that's pure.
I believe I first noticed this in Vietnam where the French-Vietnamese women were taller, lighter skinned and much more attractive than the pure Vietnamese.
In a National Geographic quite awhile back was an article about a Sioux Indian reservation and showed a group of women at some ceremony, most were fat, squat and ugly except for a couple with an obvious admixture of white.
Having just coming home from a trip into the Easley Walmart and seeing some coal black, flaring nostrils black women it's a given this woman has a bunch of white genetics in her.
It's not diversity, it's displacement.