the move

Informal discussions
PhuBai68

the move

Post by PhuBai68 » Tue May 29, 2018 8:55 pm

I haven't been on here as much lately.
We did our move from SE West Virginia to NW South Carolina.
It's been crazy - everything in boxes, a new (actually old) house I know nothing about as to wiring, plumbing, hell! even where the septic tank is located.
Slowly we're getting settled in which is not easy.
An example: my wife buys a paper towel dispenser for me to mount under kitchen cabinets. After going through boxes in the garage (there are two - a detached 2 car from the original house & a 2 car attached on an addition) I find my Dewalt cordless drill but have no clue where the bits are.
It's just frustrating.
On top of that there was a list of items the moving company can't/won't move (firearms, fireworks, aerosols, fire extinguishers, flammables, etc) so I decided to bring my firearms down in a few separate trips.
Foggy on this because SO MUCH was happening SO RAPIDLY in such a short time but "think" I brought a few down for the closing (not sure now) since we stayed a couple nights sleeping on air mattresses.
Brought the others down in two more trips the next being two weeks after the closing.
I'm putting my collection away in the safes and think, "Wait, I have my 12 SxS in that safe and the .410 SxS in that one so where's the 20?" and start taking inventory, start checking all the crazy places I hide firearms and coming up missing a Churchill Windsor 20, a Polytech AK and an old family Remington model 24.
I am pissed and disgusted.
When I came down alone two weeks or so after the closing I mentioned to my wife that being unfamiliar with the house the back door deadbolt wasn't locked and she said, "Well, the house is empty except for air mattresses, what's to steal?"
IDK if the guns were here then or if someone has a key.
I had all the locks rekeyed, my guns serial numbers are on the national crime base as stolen and still heartsick - two I can replace at much more than I originally paid if I wanted to but that model 24 was my dad's uncle's, then my dad's, then mine and was going to go to my son.

Photo is my father and son probably 1991 or 2 and the blonde furniture AK on left is the stolen one - the Hungarian single stack and dark wood I've sold over the years but really loved that blonde one.
Attachments
Little Fred model 24.jpg
Little Fred model 24.jpg (196.16 KiB) Viewed 3394 times
PDR_1133.JPG
PDR_1133.JPG (27.01 KiB) Viewed 3394 times
It's not diversity, it's displacement.

Wade Hampton III

Re: the move

Post by Wade Hampton III » Wed May 30, 2018 12:06 am

Kewel! Welcome to SC! However, be advised that Tom Chittum says that with the arrival
of Civil War II, the front-lines will be somewhere between here and the SC mountains.

:!:

White Man 1

Post by White Man 1 » Wed May 30, 2018 6:27 am

Damn, it's sickening to have weapons stolen. I hope that doesn't taint your view of the new neighborhood.

I hope things are looking good on your side of the mountains. From what I hear it's beautiful this time of year.

PhuBai68

Post by PhuBai68 » Thu May 31, 2018 12:37 pm

Sadly it was most likely a fellow white man that stole them.
The reason I picked this area is because it's one of the whitest counties in South Carolina.

The racial makeup of the county was 90.27% White, 6.82% Black or African American, 0.16% Native American, 1.18% Asian, 0.01% Pacific Islander, 0.70% from other races, and 0.85% from two or more races. 1.70% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.

Will Williams

Post by Will Williams » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:52 pm

PhuBai68 wrote:Sadly it was most likely a fellow white man that stole them...
Report the suspected "white" thief to your sheriff along with the serial numbers of each firearm. They will likely show up later.

Had you not donated that nice Remington gun safe to our WV operation you might have been able to secure those rifles in SC. :(

We mailed the May NA Members BULLETIN today. I held out yours because we don't have your new SC address. PM that to me and we'll get one out to you tomorrow.
If Whites insist on participating in "social media," do so on ours, not (((theirs))). Like us on WhiteBiocentrism.com; follow us on NationalVanguard.org. ᛉ

PhuBai68

Post by PhuBai68 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:15 am

Will Williams wrote:
PhuBai68 wrote:Sadly it was most likely a fellow white man that stole them...
Report the suspected "white" thief to your sheriff along with the serial numbers of each firearm. They will likely show up later.

Had you not donated that nice Remington gun safe to our WV operation you might have been able to secure those rifles in SC. :(

We mailed the May NA Members BULLETIN today. I held out yours because we don't have your new SC address. PM that to me and we'll get one out to you tomorrow.
PM sent.
Oh yeah,
contacted sheriff's office first discovery with make, caliber and serial numbers.
I was sorting through stuff the other day and at one time had eight rifles chambered in .30 Soviet (7.62x39) so I have thousands upon thousands of rounds.
Used to belong to a range so when my friend and I would go to the range maybe a couple times a week and blow through a couple hundred rounds each visit so whenever on sale would buy a thousand.
Well, I sold 2 AK's, the two SKS's, the two Mini-Thirty's and had the PolyTech stolen so thousands of rounds for one rifle, go figure.
Also came across boxes and boxes of 20 gauge shells for the stolen SxS.

If things weren't so crazy with us with the move I would've gotten the log splitter and a freezer up to the property but no ball on my truck to tow and muscling a freezer into the bed a tad much for a 71 year old plus no time so we had them brought down here.
Sorry but with things happening both with the move and at the mountain I'm sure you understand.

Right now have a tree service here removing a huge house crusher of a tree and three others - in Jersey this would easily be like 5-8K and here not even 2.
Received latest Nat Geo so will post in that thread.

PhuBai68

Post by PhuBai68 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:32 pm

Happy Happy!
My wife is trying to shove some boxes on a top shelf of a closet that was pretty well blocked by boxes and boxes that the movers were jamming everywhere, couldn't figure out 'why' the box wouldn't go against the wall, got a stepladder and discovered the model 24 and the 20 gauge way up there out of sight.
More stuff moved and on the floor against the wall hidden behind a bunch of paintings (she's a watercolor artist) was the Polytech.
Happy and relieved although feel like an idiot, called and left message for the dectective..
Attachments
0605181600.jpg
0605181600.jpg (626.56 KiB) Viewed 3198 times