News From Southern Africa

Summaries and links to news items
Benjamin Bice

Re: News From Southern Africa

Post by Benjamin Bice » Sun May 08, 2016 12:11 am

Censorbugbear Reports in Groblersdal.

May 5 at 5:38pm ·

Two Afrikaner women attacked: Sonia Geyser 69, was attacked in her Groblersdal home by black men armed with an AK47 and 9mm; and another white woman, 76, was attacked in Nylstroom on the same day...
Marietie Louw-Carstens 5 Mei 2016 Netwerk24. - Mrs Sonia Geyser, 69 of Groblersdal waged a fierce fight against three black males with an AK47 and a 9mm pistol.

She was ambushed as she stopped outside her house at 17hoo. They tried to strangle her to death with a plastic bag ... that was the worst part of her ordeal.

Then she was locked in her bedroom while the thugs rummaged through the house, eventually just stealing two air guns and a tiny amount of cash.

My mother got hold of her twoway radio and whispered into it asking for help so that they could not hear her.
The neighbourhood watch responded rapidly but when they got there the attackers had already left.. Awie Geyser said his mother is badly bruised.'Today she can barely walk, but she is a strong woman and carries on'. Mrs Geyser was also targetted by attackers two months earlier at the same house. "If it wasn't for the neighbourhood watch in
Groblersdal, I don't know what would have happened. The violent crime is very high here.'

In a seperate incident in Nylstroom, a white 76-year old woman also was attacked inside her home. For security reasons her name cannot be published.

She was attacked at around 12h00 noon on Wednesday 5 May 2016 when three men and a woman pretended to be interested in buying her house.

They pushed the elderly lady into her home and tied her up with cable-binders.

The gang robbed jewellery, a cellphone and cash.

https://www.facebook.com/boerekrisisaks ... =3&theater --

Benjamin Bice

Post by Benjamin Bice » Sat May 14, 2016 12:58 am

Censorbugbear Reports in South Africa - Brits.
May 10 at 10:52am ·
Murder: 10 May 2016 - Mrs Ella van der Berg, 85, of Mountain View, Die Moot - has died in hospital from wounds sustained when she was fiercely bludgeoned in a brutal attack at her Die Moot, Brits home on 27 April 2016. One of her daughters, Mrs Lena Venter, reportedly said: 'The attack was just too cruel... the doctors could not save her. '
The black male attackers beat her brutally over the head while she was busy talking on the telephone. Ever since then she was kept under sedation at the Eugene Marais Hospital. Doctors had to use medical staples to close a gaping hole in her skull. Mrs Venter told the Moot Rekord newspaper that it was suspected that the black attackers had been watching and monitoring the movements around her mother's house before the attack. They had ripped her wedding band from her hand but then only looted an empty wallet and a bank card. "There were so many items they could also have looted from the house but they targeted her specifically. "
The public had been asked to donate blood to the hospital because she suffered such massive blood loss.
Mrs Van der Berg lived in the Hercules Pretoria area before moving to Mountain View.
She was the 'stern but fair' matriarch of five generations with seven children, 12 grandchildren, 15 great-grandchildren and two great-great-grandchildren. "The family and everyone else who knew her, will all miss her very much,' said her daugter Lena.
http://rekordmoot.co.za/…/ouma-ella-doo ... al-in-moun…/ --

Benjamin Bice

Post by Benjamin Bice » Sat May 14, 2016 1:02 am

Afrikaner community forcibly removed in Cape Town

BY CONNER DOYLE · PUBLISHED MAY 11, 2016 · UPDATED MAY 11, 2016

Poor Afrikaner community of 144 families forcibly removed from their public housing in Sanddrift East, Milnerton, Western Cape – and tossed into the street with their children like garbage.

Does anybody care?

A large proportion of the 114 poor-white families in Sanddrift East social housing project near Milnerton in the Western Cape are being forcibly removed (and the process is scheduled to be completed by Nov 2016…).

Families are being forced to ‘sign new rental contracts’ and if they refuse, they get terrorized with threats that they will be forcibly removed.

Yesterday, one of the five families who were kicked out, Mrs Lee Ann Baxter, telephone 08403377842 is in a very dire straits: her son is 16, her daughter is ten and one of her children suffers from Turner’s Syndrome. She literally has no place to go with her family and there has now been a public official installed in her home. Her meager belongings are stored in a yard of a family opposite and getting rained on. They have NOT been offered any suitable alternative accommodation although this is REQUIRED BY LAW.

This family has lived in that house for the past 13 years — eight years since her mother died and five years while Mrs Baxter nursed her sick mother. She asked to stay in that house with her children for ‘humanitarian reasons’. But there are no humanitarians left in the Western Cape government.

The municipality reportedly did not offer the residents any SUITABLE alternative housing, although this is required by law before these families can even be moved out.

“Pointing them in the direction of Blikkiesdorp” is not the way to provide ‘suitable alternative housing’ as required by law.

The provincial housing authorities managed to find an excuse to kick out the majority of these white and coloured Afrikaans-speaking families with ‘updated rental contracts’ with ‘new legal clauses’ such as ‘no pets’ and ‘no children older than 18 years’ and huge rental increases — which make it impossible for these families to stay together in these low-income homes any longer: where many have lived for longer than 20 years.

Under the black-economic-empowerment laws barring jobs to whites by the government, their children won’t be able to find jobs to help support their families either…

Mrs Baxter reportedly burst into tears when she found herself homeless and on the street when she returned to the house after leaving it for a brief period today… .

The ‘removal process’ is expected to be completed by November 2016.

One elderly tenant, Mrs Michele Cancino, wrote me that she refuses to move. ‘I’m a legal tenant‘, she wrote. She wrote that ‘previously we have always voted for the Democratic Alliance in our community…. but they have left us out in the cold.’

On 10 May 2016, the forced evictions started with five families evicted into the cold outdoors in Sanddrift East… near Milnerton and many more are expected to follow at the other Provincial housing estates of the Western Cape…

We are even being accused of turning a ‘non-issue’ into a major one by some people in the Western Cape who don’t have to sleep outdoors with their children in the West Cape winter tonight.

http://boerentrepreneur.com/south-afric ... cape-town/

Benjamin Bice

Post by Benjamin Bice » Sat May 14, 2016 1:23 am

'Black men see gang-rape of babies, daughters and mothers as a pleasurable past-time': Calls for white female South African judge to quit after her social media messages are leaked

By MATT HUNTER FOR MAILONLINE
PUBLISHED: 10:58 EST, 9 May 2016 | UPDATED: 12:08 EST, 9 May 2016

A white South African judge was at the centre of a social media storm after Facebook comments emerged in which she suggested rape was part of black culture.
Political parties rushed to condemn the messages, which sparked fresh outrage after a series of recent internet postings underlined racial tensions in South Africa, 22 years after the end of apartheid rule.
'In their culture a woman is there to pleasure them. Period,' wrote Judge Mabel Jansen, who sits in the High Court in the capital Pretoria.
'It is seen as an absolute right and a woman's consent is not required.'
Jansen added: 'I still have to meet a black girl who was not raped at about 12. I am dead serious.'
'Murder is also is not a biggy. And gang rapes of baby, daughter and mother (are) a pleasurable pastime.'
In some of the messages she refers to the writer Gillian Schutte who exposed Jansen's posts.
The opposition Democratic Alliance party said it would report the messages to the country's Judicial Services Commission to be investigated.
Her comments were 'not only hurtful and demeaning', but undermined 'the dignity of our people,' the party said.

Top lawyer Vuyani Ngalwana said Judge Jansen's words were 'shocking beyond belief', the local Business Day newspaper reports.
The women's league of the ruling African National Congress (ANC) lambasted the judge.
'Her comments made on Facebook where she claims that the rape of young children is part of black culture, are purely racist and misrepresentation of facts about black culture,' it said.
The league questioned whether Jansen would be able to deal fairly with cases of rape in court. A petition has started calling for her sacking.

Jansen took to Twitter to defend herself, arguing her postings had been misrepresented.
'What I stated confidentially to somebody in a position to help has been taken completely out of context and referred to specific court cases,' she said.
'The real issue... is the protection of vulnerable women and children and an endeavour to cure the pandemic.'
The messages, posted a year ago, were part of a Facebook conversation that was made public on Sunday.
White minority rule and legalised racism ended in South Africa in 1994.

Anger erupted earlier this year when Penny Sparrow, a white realtor and DA member, complained on Facebook about black people littering beaches and likened them to 'monkeys'.
In the ensuing uproar, local government employee Velaphi Khumalo wrote in another viral Facebook message that blacks should act towards whites 'as Hitler did to the Jews'.
The government intends to strengthen anti-racism laws in the wake of the rows.
Official statistics showed that 43,195 rapes were reported in South Africa between April 2014 and March 2015, though most rapes are not reported to police.
Africa Check, a fact-checking project devised by but independent of the AFP Foundation, recently dismissed reports that a woman or child was raped every 26 seconds in the country.
The project said the number of rapes committed each year in South Africa could not be accurately estimated due to lack of research.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z48bYoP6Uz
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Benjamin Bice

Post by Benjamin Bice » Mon May 16, 2016 1:42 am

Censorbugbear Reports at Lüneburg.

May 13 at 5:53pm ·

Farm murder: Friday 13 May 2016 11pm - Farmer Friedel Filter. 72, was reportedly shot dead by 2 black gunmen on his farm Braunschweig. at Lüneburg outside Piet Retief, KZN. According to the farm-watch radio network, he had been declared dead by 11pm. His 'robbed' Isuzu bakkie was recovered. At least two black males were involved, both armed - who fled on foot. A black male was also shot in the community where the attackers had fled to from Mr Filter's farm (details are still being awaited) - and now the two terrorists are being sought by a large number of farmers and police after they fled into the veld.

https://www.facebook.com/boerekrisisaks ... 2227657985 --

Benjamin Bice

Post by Benjamin Bice » Mon May 16, 2016 1:47 am

Woman assaulted at metro offices
‘The police officers drove off as they saw me running towards them to ask for help.’
May 13, 2016

Wilma Smit (right) was attacked and throttled outside the municipal offices on Thursday. Her cousin Marie Botha (left) pulled her away from the guy holding her neck. Photo:supplied

A woman was assaulted and throttled outside the Tshwane metro’s offices in Pretorius Street on Thursday morning.

Wilma Smit (41) said this happened after she had tried to sort out her water and electricity bill at the municipality.

When she left, she was grabbed by a man who also stole her necklace, given to her by her daughter in law.

“I was with my cousin Marie [Botha] when the guy grabbed me and throttled me. Marie pulled me away when the guy tried to drag me. She saved my life,” said Smit.

She said she saw two police vehicles in Pretorius Street and ran to ask for help but the policemen did not assist her.

“There were four officers in the first vehicle.

They referred me to the second police vehicle, which also had four officers. They drove off as they saw me running towards them.”

Smit then got into her car and she and her cousin Marie drove off.

“Before the attack, a guy asked me for money to look after my car. I said I would give him the money when I came back,” she said.

“He said guys would break into my car. When I ran to my car after the attack, the guy said ‘I told you so’,” she said.
Smit said no one broke into her car but her alarm went off.

Smit said the previous day (Wednesday) a man called her “baby”, but she ignored him.

“The same guy said to me today: ‘Hey sweetheart.’ When we came out, seven guys followed us and that was when I was grabbed by the neck,” she said.

Smit said she would be seeking counselling but was reluctant to lay a charge as police failed to protect her.

Central police spokesperson Sergeant Ann Poortman said it was difficult to comment as there were no details of the officers involved.

“We cannot comment on allegations. If there is more information then we can contact the officers and investigate why they failed to assist the complainant,” said Poortman.

Tshwane metro mayoral spokesperson Blessing Manale was unavailable for comment.

http://rekordeast.co.za/92949/woman-ass ... o-offices/

Benjamin Bice

Post by Benjamin Bice » Wed May 25, 2016 4:22 am

Censorbugbear Reports at Brits, NW.

May 20 at 8:10am · Brits, South Africa ·

Legal PROOF in court: organised black gangs DO deliberately target 'whites' on the smallholdings north of Pretoria -- in an extremely cruel campaign of terrorism and maliciousness. This PROOF was introduced as evidence in a current court case in which two blacks are on trial for murdering 5 white people and torturing, maiming 5 other white people while attacking smallholdings/farms in the Brits region. Admirably, the police went to great lengths in this trial to prove that this pattern of targeting white people exists, and that it is a deliberate plan. Our archive started pointing out the growing problem in all these smallholding areas north of Pretoria since about 5 years ago, noting that this was an organised, ongoing campaign of violence by black militia-groups which invariably the included horrific torture of their white victims (of all ages)together with unspeakably cruel acts such as gang-rapes, and murder - without anything of much value being stolen. There was no overwhelming financial gain amongst these gangs from these attacks. Many of these white smallholders are living in poverty. Since 5 years ago, our archive shows more than 120 such attacks in the Brits area alone since we started noting this pattern --- PROOF: https://www.censorbugbear.org/farmitracker/search….-- TRIAL: Pretoria High Court. Mr John Dumisani Shabangu, who was one of the workers on a smallholding in Brits when many whites were attacked, murdered and maimed in 2014 - declared in a sworn statement, submitted to the Pretoria High Court on Thursday 19 May 2016 that 'they (*the black-African robber gangs on the Brits smallholdings) wanted white people'; describing how two black men -- who had attacked him while he was sleeping in a white-owned house he was repairing -- weren't interested in him when they attacked him in his bed and realised he was black. The two black men told this witness that they didn't want to kill him, they were only 'looking for the white people'. He even helped open the door for them as they left, taking nothing of value. --

http://www.netwerk24.com/…/Hof/rowers-w ... se-he-2016… -- original SAPS report: https://www.censorbugbear.org/farmitrac ... /view/2445 -- also: SUMMARY: "Afrikaner whites who have farmed in the Brits area for many decades, being murdered enmasse":
https://www.censorbugbear.org/farmitrac ... /view/2798 --

Benjamin Bice

Post by Benjamin Bice » Sun May 29, 2016 1:29 am

22 year old, Female, South African.

Thursday the 19th of May 2016 was one of the most embarrassing days of my young life.

I was pulled over at an unmarked 'routine drug check' road block at 8:20 AM on the N2 in the western cape, Knysna town. I found it quite strange that there were no cones or actual traffic officers at this road block, just 2 police vehicles and 4/5 police officers (if memory serves me correctly). I wish i could remember the exact numbers but fear does a funny thing with memory. I was told to pull over, which I did. The two cars behind me stopped but were then let go.

I was greeted and immediately asked if i had any drugs on me. I answered truthfully and honestly, ''No''. He then asked me if they could search my car. (Note* Not one of the officers introduced themselves, or official documents to me) I mentioned the fact that they were supposed to show me papers and all I got in return was, ''Yes, we have all the papers.'' Confused, and scared, I allowed them to search my car, in public, on the N2 ,for all passer byes to see, and not to mention, 12 workers across the road.

Okay, so here is where i start to get real with you, my fellow tax payer...

They found one of the most commonly naturally grown mushrooms in my cubbyhole from a harvest I had done on Sunday, (with which i made the most amazing gnocci ). When they pulled the mushrooms out I had really hoped that the grown, South African men in our police force would have the ability to differentiate between hallucinogenic mushrooms and a non-hallucinogenic mushrooms. I had physical evidence on my cell phone (in my google search history) to prove to them that they were in fact pine ring mushrooms. I was denied the opportunity to show them this evidence. I was then asked to open my hand bag. I replied with 'I know as a fact that I need a woman officer here with me' I was looked at with raised eyebrows. Scared they would get upset with me for talking back, or demanding a female officer I allowed them to look while I emptied my bag in which nothing was found. They then chatted among themselves and decided they were going to take me to the Knysna Police station where I would get a full body strip search by a women, (understandable as they aren't allowed to search my person).

One officer drove with me and he was quite nice. He asked me a few questions and I answered mindfully and tactfully as not to get myself into unnecessary trouble due to emotions running through my body and mind. There was one cop, who, every time I looked at him, he would be staring at me with fire eyes. His attitude instilled so much fear in me, I then later found out that he was the warrant officer of narcotics. Apparently he is the big man running the drug trafficking operation here in the Western Cape, and has quite a stinky attitude attached to him. I felt cheated out of important information at that time. Any way, we get to the station, its 8:35 AM, I have to get to work at 9. The warrant officer then wanted to do another full car search at the station which I found was extremely unnecessary, seeing as they had already done it on the N2. For times sake and thanks to the other officer the search was cancelled. Im taken to a rectangular shaped room with 2 doors. One was a door way with no door or coverage and you could see directly into the reception area of the station, and the other had a door, which was next to a cupboard. I was told to stand between the door and the cupboard, and that's where she searched me. (The lady officer was nice to me though, she introduced herself and asked me in a very kind manner to remove my clothing. However, I still didn't feel safe in that situation, if anyone had walked into the room through that other door they would have seen me with my pants and underwear on the floor. Everything was fine until the other woman in the room added, after being told to squat, and jump i should 'push'. This was the last straw. I then asked her if she would like to put her finger up there, just to make sure. Only then with a surprised look on her face did she tell me I can go. I have heard of people getting stripped searched but to be told to push while jumping and squatting is a little too much, for my personal privacy at least. I was mortified. Not only did the police embarrass me in front of passer byes as well as workers on the N2 but they embarrased me while i had my pants and underwear on the floor!

Then I was taken upstairs to a room where they then took photocopies of my ID and my drivers licence. (Which im sure wasnt nescessary unless I was being arrested or guilty) The edible non-hallucinogenic where placed into a plastic evidence bag. It was sealed and the officer said 'See, its sealed, nothing can go in or out'. However, there was a crumple made by the seal and plastic being wrongly placed in the left corner, I asked if i could take a picture of it and was told yes, then no. Shortly after that i was told that it would take them 3 months to test the mushrooms despite physical evidence to prove other wise. I was then let go.

My frustration lies with the fact that they didn't show me documents or introduce themselves at the road block, they took me to the station for non-hallucinogenic mushrooms and that the police force of South Africa would rather spend tax payers money on testing edible mushrooms than actually busting major drug operations, like tik, heroine and cocaine. My frustration lies with their ignorance and little known information on the drugs they are actually searching for. My frustration lies with the fact that they publicly humiliated me on a national road. My frustration lies with the fact that not even the women officer, no matter how nice she was didn't have the decency to move me to a fully enclosed room with 0 possibility of someone walking in. I am frustrated at the fact that they invaded my personal space (my car, handbag and my nether regions.)

But, my deepest frustration and anger lies with the fact that when we the people actually need your 'service' you are no where to be found!

A question to you, SAPS...

When you made that decision to become an officer of the law, did you make it with the PURE INTENTION OF PROTECTING THE PEOPLE? If so, where were you when Franziska Blöchliger’s body was being raped and murdered in Tokai forest? Where were you when Sinoxolo Mafevuka was being raped and murdered in a communal toilet four minutes from her home in Khayelitsha’s SST Section? Where were you when Chad Barron was hijacked and murdered in Strandfontein? Were you at some unmarked roadblock looking for 22 year old females with drugs at 8:20 AM?

Logically we are paying the state to protect us but instead we are left with fear! This whole experience has opened my eyes to the backward mentality of this country and more so close to home, this province. I will add that I am now making it my duty to know MY RIGHTS AT A ROAD BLOCK. I felt harassed and victimized. However, those are temporary emotions. I have a more permanent one right now, and that is frustration.

Born in 1994 I would expect 22 years on our police officers can tell the difference between the common pine ring mushroom and actual illegal mushrooms! I also expect, essentially with the crime rates as high as they are, that the DA/ANC and every other political party would focus more on the real crime and real drugs like tik, heroine and cocaine!

The constitution says that I am entitled to freedom of speech, so this is my rant.

I want change! That's only going to start with me. So my first step to avoid and deflect police bullying, is to study and KNOW MY RIGHTS!

Here are a few links to the do's and don'ts the cans and cant's...

http://www.wheels24.co.za/News/Guides_a ... a-20160419

https://www.aa.co.za/services/technical ... cerij.html

http://anthonywhatmore.co.za/index.php/ ... roadblock/

Benjamin Bice

Post by Benjamin Bice » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:04 pm

Man arrested for murder of two 5 year-old girls

A 42 year-old man has been arrested in connection with the murder of two girls in Limpopo.
The five year-old girls were found dead on Saturday.

Lekwalo Masola and Nthabiseng Motlaphema disappeared on Wednesday night and were last seen playing at a house in the RDP section of Ribone Village.

Police spokesperson Ronel Otto said police together with the community searched for the girls.

"The naked bodies of the two girls were found hanging from a tree in the bush approximately 3 kilometres from the town on Saturday," she confirmed.

Otto said the possibility of them being raped before they were killed is being investigated.

The suspect, a local farm worker is expected to appear in court later this week.

The provincial police commissioner Lieutenant General Nneke Ledwaba expressed his shock and outrage over the incident.

He urged parents to protect and look after their children and to always know of their whereabouts and whether they are safe.

https://www.jacarandafm.com/news-sport/ ... old-girls/

Benjamin Bice

Post by Benjamin Bice » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:43 pm

Parliament approves land expropriation Bill

26 May 2016 17:52 by: Agenciesfiled under: National

(Delwyn Versamy, M&G)

Parliament on Thursday approved a Bill that would allow government to make compulsory purchases of land to speed up redressing racial disparities.

Parliament on Thursday approved the land expropriation Bill enabling the state to make compulsory purchases of land to redress racial disparities in land ownership.

South Africa’s ruling African National Congress (ANC), facing local elections in August, has promised to speed up plans to redistribute land which remains predominantly in white hands two decades after the end of apartheid.

The Expropriation Bill is expected to land on President Jacob Zuma’s desk soon after the National Assembly on Thursday adopted changes to the controversial law.

The Bill, which sets out the legislative requirements for the State to lay claim to land for public purpose or in the pubic interest, was passed after ruling ANC and some opposition parties MPs voted in favour of the Bill, which was slightly amended by the National Council of Provinces (NCOP).

The Democratic Alliance (DA) opposes the Bill on the grounds that the term “property” in the Bill was not defined as referring to land only, meaning it was open to interpretation and could lead to movable property like shares and intellectual property be expropriated. One of the other problems, DA MP Anchen Dreyer said, was the fact that compensation for expropriated land would not cover outstanding bank payments, meant property owners could be left without money to find alternative accomodation.

The UDM also opposed the Bill, insisting that while land could be expropriated for restitution purposes, those who were dispossessed of their land prior to the 1913 Land Act would not benefit.

The National Assembly accepted changes made by the NCOP. The changes were largely technical in nature.

The Bill would now be sent to Zuma to sign into law. It sets out the rules by which the government can expropriate land “in the public interest” and “for public purpose”.

While land owners would be paid compensation, the State would not merely rely on “market value” to determine the rand amount to be paid.

Other criteria include the “history of the acquisition”, “the current use of the property”, and “the purpose of expropriation”.

Land owners would also be able to approach the courts should they not be happy with the compensation paid.

Some economists and farming groups have said the proposals could hit investment and production at a time when South Africa is emerging from a major drought - pointing to the economic damage linked to farm seizures in neighbouring Zimbabwe.

They have also complained about a lack of clarity on how it will all work.

But the government says the redistribution process needs to be accelerated, to rectify past wrongs and provide opportunities to the previously excluded, and has repeatedly said it will stick to the law and not follow Zimbabwe’s example.

Experts estimate about 8 million hectares of farmland have been transferred to black owners since the end of apartheid, 8 to 10 percent of the land in white hands in 1994 and only a third of the ANC’s long-running 30 percent target.

The party has said it will speed up the process through the expropriation Bill, allowing the state to expropriate land without the owner’s consent. – Reuters; African News Agency(Edited by Michelle Solomon)

http://mg.co.za/article/2016-05-26-parl ... ation-bill