News From Southern Africa

Summaries and links to news items
Benjamin Bice

Re: News From Southern Africa

Post by Benjamin Bice » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:54 am

Retired British teacher 'beaten, raped and stabbed to death' at remote safari lodge she ran in South Africa
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z39Pssz0sl

Benjamin Bice

Post by Benjamin Bice » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:28 am

Another toddler falls victim to violent crime
Dineo Bendile | Aug 4th, 06:32

JOHANNESBURG – A three–year old boy from Westbury, who was wounded during an apparent shootout over drug territory is in serious condition in hospital.

Luke Tibbetts was travelling in a vehicle with his mother, three other children and two adults when he was shot in the head on Saturday. A witness who was in the car said she heard the boy's mother scream her son had been shot.
The boy was then rushed to hospital in a critical condition and was placed on life support. Family members who gathered outside of the Garden City Hospital in Johannesburg say Tibbett's shooting is a tragedy for the entire
community of Westbury. The boy's father says he is tired of the West Rand suburb being terrorised by gang activity.

“Look what happened, an innocent baby was shot.” A 26–year–old man travelling in a different vehicle was also wounded in the arm. The Tibbetts family say a march is being organised today to raise awareness about crime in
the area. The family say they have not lost hope that the boy will recover. The boy's grandmother, Bernadette Tibbetts, says the family is distraught. “We are very emotional and very stressed–out. His mother said that she's got all the hope that her boy will get out of it and he is going to be fine. He will recover, we all believe that.”

One person has been arrested in connection with the incident. This comes just three weeks after the murder of
four–year–old Taegrin Morris. Morris was killed in a hijacking in Boksburg when he was dragged for a long distance behind his parents' hijacked car.

(Edited by Gadeeja Abbas)

Benjamin Bice

Post by Benjamin Bice » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:07 am

R.I.P Fallen South Africans

*Sad when one reads through the whole story...*

A Hillcrest woman is “heartbroken” after her partner was shot in the back and killed, moments after giving up his vehicle to hijackers in Pinetown.

Julie Graham, 48, had spent Sunday afternoon with Gideon van Zyl, 53, of Pinetown. They had just dropped off a one-year-old child they had been babysitting with its parents in Victory Road, Ashley, when they were held up by two
hijackers while still parked in the driveway. “They ripped my mom out of the car by her shirt and just threw her to the ground,” Julie’s 19-year-old son, Tyler Graham, told the Daily News on Monday.

“One of them told her to ‘shut the f*** up’, because she was screaming. She was so terrified.” Van Zyl, he said, had calmly got out of his car, a black VW Golf FSI, and was walking away from it towards Julie when his mother heard
the shot go off. “He didn’t say anything. He didn’t do anything. He just got up and walked away. He was going to my mother. He was getting out of the way,” said Tyler. “Only a coward would shoot a man in the back.” His mother was not injured but was left traumatised by the ordeal. Julie, who answered the phone when the Daily News called her home on Monday, said she could not talk about the ordeal yet. “I’m heartbroken,” she said, her voice heavy with emotion. Tyler said his mother had often looked after the baby and the trip to the area had been nothing out of the ordinary. “They took the child to a nature reserve to see the duikers,” he said.

Tyler said Van Zyl, a qualified electrician who worked in plastics injection moulding, would be missed. “Gideon was a character, very cheeky in a good way. He had an easy laugh and always had a story to tell. It is a huge loss.” He added: “The worst part is that they didn’t try to fight them. They were giving them the car.” Tyler said police had not yet made contact with them regarding statements or any update in terms of the investigation. “They are working with the tracking company to get the car back.” Van Zyl’s ex-wife, Debbie van Zyl, 48, also of Pinetown, said they had remained friends after their divorce.

“We are quite devastated by the loss. He was a good, hardworking man who was a good provider and helped everyone. He was kindhearted.” She added that his sons, Eugene, 27, and Shayne, 20, learnt that from him. “Why would you shoot someone in the back? I wasn’t there, so I didn’t see what happened, but how can you do something like that?” Brendon Bosch the Ashley home owner said he had just met Van Zyl that afternoon. “They had taken my sister’s child out for the afternoon and when they dropped the baby off, they parked on the grass outside our house and came in. “There were a few family members sitting on the porch facing the road when he (Gideon) and his girlfriend said goodbye and left,” Bosch said.

He said moments later he heard people shouting on the road and when he ran down to investigate, he saw a man pointing a gun at Van Zyl. “When I came out the man with the gun pointed it at me. I ran back inside. A few seconds later we heard a bang go off, the car reverse and pull out. By this time Julie was screaming, ‘He’s been shot, he’s been shot’. When we got to him he was lying face on the ground and gurgling blood,” Bosch said. He said it was a “balls up” when he called the police.

“The lady officer was more concerned about the car that was hijacked than the man who had been shot. She kept asking me for details of the car and I kept trying to tell her to first get hold of an ambulance. Eventually after insisting she said she was sending an ambulance,” he said. Bosch said an ambulance arrived 20 minutes later and the first police vehicle after 30 minutes. “The first guys at the scene were the Ashley neighbourhood watch who were here a minute after we called,” he said.

Pinetown police are investigating a case of murder and hijacking. “No arrest has been made at this stage,” police
spokesman Colonel Jay Naicker said on Monday. Meanwhile, friends and family took to social networks to share their condolences. Anita Nel Williams wrote on Facebook: “Senseless tragic death of a friend. Brutal (hijacking)! When will this end? RIP Gids. My heart goes out to Shayne, Eugene, Debbie, Julie and the rest of the family!”

On the Waterfall Crime Watch page on Facebook, others also posted comments. Karla Rix said: “A young man, shot in the back as he was walking away – Cry the beloved country… The worst thing is that he was walking away when they shot him…” May Schorn said: “We need visible policing in the streets. Less money spent on our leaders’ homes and new wives and more invested in crime control. God be with the families and friends of the unfortunate victim of this crime. Heartbreaking.” Julie Sykes Vorster said: “So sad. Even when you turn away, they still want to kill. RIP. My
thoughts (are with) his family ‘Cowardly’ hijackers shoot man in the back -

Crime & Courts | IOL News | IOL.co.za
iol.co.za

Will Williams

Post by Will Williams » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:38 am

Ben, since no one is going to read the unformatted articles you post from your Android device (whatever that is), why not simply put links to the articles -- like you did in your August 5th post -- so readers can go and read them if they wish?

What's happening to Whites in southern Africa is certainly newsworthy here at WB, but your unformatted articles are unreadable.
If Whites insist on participating in "social media," do so on ours, not (((theirs))). Like us on WhiteBiocentrism.com; follow us on NationalVanguard.org. ᛉ

Benjamin Bice

Post by Benjamin Bice » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:55 pm

Okay.

Benjamin Bice

Post by Benjamin Bice » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:14 pm

‘Robber’ in South Africa shooting at anything that moves
http://southafricatoday.net/south-afric ... hat-moves/
Lichtenburg, South Africa – Robbers invaded a house in Lichtenburg on Sunday night, 10 August 2014, start shooting at anything that moves, kills one woman, wounds another woman, wounds a male, and run away with only a cellphone.
-
Amanda Vermeulen (56) was killed by one bullet to the chest, her sister-in-law, Retha Botma, was hit twice – in the upper body and arm – and her brother-in-law was hit in the foot. Retha is in a stable condition but she was rushed in critical condition to the Life Anncron clinic in Klerksdorp.
-
Amanda worked as receptionist at the practice of Dr Gerrie van den Berg. He said she was a sweet and loving person, a devout Christian and very fond for people.
-
Everyone was badly shocked about the murder.
-
The police are ‘investigating’.
-
No one was arrested.
-
Source
South Africa Today – South Africa News

Benjamin Bice

Post by Benjamin Bice » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:09 am

Benjamin Bice

Post by Benjamin Bice » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:16 am

Benjamin Bice

Post by Benjamin Bice » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:39 pm

Robber said ‘sex nicer with a white rich bitch’
http://southafricatoday.net/south-afric ... ich-bitch/

Benjamin Bice

Post by Benjamin Bice » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:18 am

Steve van Staden, 78, hijacked and brutally assaulted
On August 14, 2014 at 8:24 am

Welkom, South Africa – Steve van Staden (78), was hijacked on Monday afternoon in Welkom in the Free State, then brutally assaulted and left by the roadside overnight – tied up.

He was found on Tuesday at 11h00 by the mine security officials.

His daughter Lolita de Coning saw her father’s car on Tuesday, driven by a black man with two more black passengers, and gave chase until the car stopped. She confronted the driver who first claimed it was his father’s car and then ran
away.

Mr van Staden’s wallet with all his money and bank cards were still in his pocket. His cellphone have been taken as well as his tablet computer.

Mr van Staden suffers from a heart condition and is a diabetic. He is currently in hospital.

Source: South Africa Today -South Africa News