My kid's being bullied, antisemitism is involved and the school won't help. What do I do?

Summaries and links to news items
JohnUbele

My kid's being bullied, antisemitism is involved and the school won't help. What do I do?

Post by JohnUbele » Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:59 am

"...Dear Bintel,

My family and I moved to the Bible Belt because of my spouse’s job. Our daughter, who is in elementary school, has faced severe bullying, and some of it is antisemitic and physical. My daughter has become traumatized. I’ve complained for the whole school year but the bullying continues. How do you deal with this? (By the way, at our local shul, we aren’t the only family in this school district to face antisemitism when it comes to our children.)

Signed,
Desperate Mom..."

Source:
https://forward.com/culture/548398/bull ... nting-adl/

White Man 1

Re: My kid's being bullied, antisemitism is involved and the school won't help. What do I do?

Post by White Man 1 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:15 am

Looks like. a good time to flee to Israel... oy vey!

JohnUbele

Re: My kid's being bullied, antisemitism is involved and the school won't help. What do I do?

Post by JohnUbele » Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:21 am

White Man 1 wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:15 am

I think it's very likely that Jewish students are being pressured in at least a few hundred public schools across the country.

I think there's a very small chance that it could be happening in more than 1,000 schools.

There's been a lot of stories about this over the last few months. I think the situation for Jewish students is likely to be worse next school year.

Here's one story from about two months ago on this subject:

Alarming Rise of Antisemitic Behavior in Schools
https://momentmag.com/antisemitism-schools-adl-audit/

White Man 1

Post by White Man 1 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:48 am

I have no doubt they are being "bullied" I'm school. Everywhere they go they stand out like a sore thumb and refuse to accept the norms and standards of a White society. Naturally they will be pressured to conform, and their response will always be over the top. Especially when there are enough of them that they have a "schul" in town.
SCHUL:
By: Joseph Jacobs, Schulim Ochser
Judæo-German designation for the temple or the synagogue ("bet ha-midrash"), used as early as the thirteenth century. The building of synagogues being forbidden in nearly every European country at that period, the Jews were obliged to hold their services in private buildings; and for this purpose they used the schools which they were permitted to conduct. It thus became customary for them to say merely "I go to school" instead of "I go to the chapel in the school." According to Lazarus ("Treu und Frei," p. 285), however, this use of "schul" for "synagogue" merely indicates the interchange of the two allied concepts, while Güdemann asserts, on the other hand ("Gesch." iii. 94, note), that the Jews originallycalled the synagogue a "schul" in the sense of "assembly," this designation being accepted by the Jews since the Christians would not term the synagogue a church.

It thus becomes explicable why this term was adopted for the synagogue in nearly all countries, e.g., "scuola" in Italy, "schola" in England, and "szkola" in Poland. According to Jacobs ("Jews of Angevin England," p. 245, London, 1893), however, "the frequent reference to Jewish scholæ in the English records may refer to real schools and not to the synagogues, as has been hitherto assumed." At Norwich the school built before 1189 was not identical with the synagogue, and the same remark applies to London.[\quote]

FolkishFreya

Post by FolkishFreya » Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:00 am

White Man 1 wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:15 am
:lol: :lol: :lol:
-Freya
LOYAL TO THE CAUSE