North Carolina police force quit in protest of the town’s newly hired Black woman town manager.

Summaries and links to news items
Grimork

North Carolina police force quit in protest of the town’s newly hired Black woman town manager.

Post by Grimork » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:19 am

https://local.newsbreak.com/johnston-co ... b2_fromweb
Kenly Police Chief Josh Gibson wrote in a Facebook post last Wednesday that he “put in my 2 weeks notice along with the whole police dept.” because the new manager has created an environment I do not feel we can perform our duties and services to the community.” He didn’t specify what the “new manager” did to create this “environment,” but, according to the New York Post, it was controversial enough that five officers who served under Gibson, the assistant town manager and a key clerk also quit.

Gibson was just as vague about why he and his department quit in his official letter of resignation, which was obtained by WRAL. In the letter, Gibson said he felt his department made “substantial progress that we had hoped to continue,” but he didn’t say anything specific about what progress was made or what state the department had progressed from. He also claimed the “work area is very hostile,” but he didn’t elaborate on that either.

Side note: Gibson said he served as Kenly’s police chief for 21 years and that he was the longest-running police chief in Johnston County,” but it turns out that ain’t true. According to WRAL, “Gibson began his tenure as police chief in 2006, 16 years ago, when the former Kenly police chief was fired” and “the longest-serving Johnston County police chief is Benson Police Chief Kenneth Edwards.” So, this man is out here lying on his resume for a job he quit because—well—we have no idea.

So, who is this town manager who has all these cops heading for the door? Here’s what we know.

Justine Jones was hired as Keny’s town manager last month—which is a pretty short tenure for a manager who has done so much to create such a “hostile” work environment that the entire environment left the workplace.

“She had started on June 2 after ‘a nationwide search,’ according to a statement celebrating the hiring of a manager hailed for having ‘worked in progressively responsible positions’ in several states,” the Post reported.

Jim Mathias

Re: North Carolina police force quit in protest of the town’s newly hired Black woman town manager.

Post by Jim Mathias » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:55 am

Zack Linly's piece of propaganda here is some pretty shoddy reporting. Long on innuendo and short on facts, this is more like an opinion piece than news reporting. Why doesn't Zack just get out from behind his keyboard and actually find out what the 'hostile work environment' was instead of pretending it's all about nothing?
Activism materials available! ===> Contact me via PM to obtain quantities of the "Send Them Back", "NA Health Warning #1 +#2+#3" stickers, and any fliers listed in the Alliance website's flier webpage.

Grimork

Re: North Carolina police force quit in protest of the town’s newly hired Black woman town manager.

Post by Grimork » Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:42 am

Jim Mathias wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:55 am
Zack Linly's piece of propaganda here is some pretty shoddy reporting. Long on innuendo and short on facts, this is more like an opinion piece than news reporting. Why doesn't Zack just get out from behind his keyboard and actually find out what the 'hostile work environment' was instead of pretending it's all about nothing?
Yea I don't care about him, I was just proud of them for standing up.