Tom Petty

Summaries and links to news items
PhuBai68

Tom Petty

Post by PhuBai68 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:27 pm

One of my favorites, sad to learn he had a heart attack.
There are conflicting stories - dead, brain dead on life support, brain dead removing life support and in hospital.
The song Strangered In The Night is what got me hooked on listening to him and The Heartbreakers.

Well it was dark at midnight
There was hardly any moon
And no one really saw much
No one was really sure
But something didn't seem right
Something was kinda queer
A roar turned into whispers
Everyone stood there

As the sound spilt the night
They ran hiding from the light
Like strangers in the night

Well I didn't see no shotgun
I didn't see no knife
But I saw this crazy black guy
With the demon in his eye
And I heard him say "white man"
I've seen that silver cue
You don't remember me well
But I remember you

Well the knife just left his fingers
As the black guy took his aim
White guy's head exploded
The black guy howled in pain
Then everybody scattered
I heard some woman scream
God damn you old black bastard
You've blown away my dreams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC9FDx3HISw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSHoTvE ... vxfguJkO2Z
It's not diversity, it's displacement.

Wade Hampton III

Re: Tom Petty

Post by Wade Hampton III » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:12 pm

This one cannot be beat! Stevie steals the show!
Now let us see if the powers that be will let me
embed this video:

Ahhh....success! OK fellow kinsmen...you should be able to see "Stop
Draggin' My Heart Around," with heart-stopper Miss Stevie Nicks!

PhuBai68

Post by PhuBai68 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:58 am

Well,
from the official Tom Petty & Heartbreakers Facebook page ---
On behalf of the Tom Petty family we are devastated to announce the untimely death of our father, husband, brother, leader and friend Tom Petty.
He suffered cardiac arrest at his home in Malibu in the early hours of this morning and was taken to UCLA Medical Center but could not be revived.
He died peacefully at 8:40pm PST surrounded by family, his bandmates and friends.
- Tony Dimitriades, longtime manager of Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers on behalf of the family
It's not diversity, it's displacement.

Will Williams

Post by Will Williams » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:30 pm

Petty writes about his drug use, particularly heroin. May have contributed to his early death.

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/new ... y-20151022

2-hour-long video of 30th Anniversary Concert:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw2topZYXrA

Petty got lucky when Mike Campbell found him. :)
If Whites insist on participating in "social media," do so on ours, not (((theirs))). Like us on WhiteBiocentrism.com; follow us on NationalVanguard.org. ᛉ

Benjamin Bice

RIP A Rock Legend – Tom Petty, Dead at 66

Post by Benjamin Bice » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:48 pm

RIP A Rock Legend – Tom Petty, Dead at 66

UPDATE 11:20PM CDT: Breaking: Tom Petty has died, his longtime manager Tony Dimitriades has confirmed. Rock star Tom Petty died at the age of 66 after suffering a cardiac arrest at his California home.

Tom_Petty_2013

Tom Petty UPDATE: It appears CBS news of Tom Petty’s death was premature. As of 7:40PM CDT Monday, the LA Times, CBS News and the LAPD are reporting that Tom Petty is still hospitalized in critical condition, and is off life support but has not died.

Tom Petty was taken to UCLA Medical Center for a cardiac incident Sunday night, but as of 1:15 p.m. PDT Monday there was no official confirmation that the 66-year-old rock musician had died.

The Los Angeles Police Department, which had been cited in a report by CBS News and subsequently by other outlets that picked up the CBS news story, tweeted Monday afternoon that “Initial information [that Petty died] was inadvertently provided to some media sources.”

We’re sending our prayers and best wishes to Tom Petty and his family at this difficult time.

(1/2)The LAPD has no information about the passing of singer Tom Petty. Initial information was inadvertantly provided to some media sources

— LAPD HQ (@LAPDHQ) October 2, 2017

(1/2)The LAPD has no information about the passing of singer Tom Petty. Initial information was inadvertantly provided to some media sources

— LAPD HQ (@LAPDHQ) October 2, 2017

UPDATE At this time, Tom's still clinging to life. A report that the LAPD confirmed the singer's death is inaccurate https://t.co/bh8sqdvEw9 pic.twitter.com/drKY64eG1z

— TMZ (@TMZ) October 2, 2017

Tom Petty has died at 66.

First reported by TMZ, the rock legend was rushed to the hospital on Sunday night after suffering a “full cardiac arrest.” The LAPD confirmed the singer was taken off life support.

TMZ reported that Tom Petty was found last night, Sunday October 1, at his Malibu, California home, “unconscious, not breathing and in full cardiac arrest”.

TMZ also reported that, “…after Petty got to the hospital he had no brain activity and a decision was made to pull life support.”

Petty just ended a huge North American tour, concluding at the Hollywood Bowl in California on Monday, September 25. Petty was 66 years old.

The Florida native is a Rock and Roll Hall of Famer best known for a string of hits with his band, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. Their most popular tracks include “I Won’t Back Down,” “Runnin’ Down a Dream” and “American Girl.”

https://www.houseofhaironline.com/2017/ ... y-dead-66/