Good News From United Russia

Summaries and links to news items
User avatar
Wade Hampton III
Posts: 2338
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:40 pm
Location: Pontiac, SC

Re: Good News From United Russia

Post by Wade Hampton III » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:54 am

Jim Mathias wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:43 pm
Testing the boundaries, eh Wade?
Well I don't quiet follow. Exactly what "boundaries" are
being tested?

User avatar
Grimork
Posts: 203
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:34 pm
Location: North Carolina

Re: Good News From United Russia

Post by Grimork » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:15 am

Wade Hampton III wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:54 am

Well I don't quiet follow. Exactly what "boundaries" are
being tested?
Is it because the shadowlady looks like she's almost naked framed in a seductive way? It is funny Wade you picked one of the two sexy pictures her other "arts" were pretty tame. :oops:

I mean it's definitely more implied than it is overt, the other one with the brassiere was more blatant.

User avatar
Wade Hampton III
Posts: 2338
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:40 pm
Location: Pontiac, SC

Re: Good News From United Russia

Post by Wade Hampton III » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:03 am

Grimork wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:15 am
Is it because the shadowlady looks like she's almost naked framed in a seductive way? It is funny Wade you picked one of the two sexy pictures her other "arts" were pretty tame. :oops:
I mean it's definitely more implied than it is overt, the other one with the brassiere was more blatant.
Perhaps this one would strike your fancy...?
036
Candle In The Wind
Candle In The Wind
036.PNG (75.94 KiB) Viewed 699 times
Also from the same site:

https://www.lsjourney.com/

There are many to choose from.
I think the lady is quite talented! Of course that
may lead to endless bickering as to whether or
not photography is an art-form. I think it is.

User avatar
Grimork
Posts: 203
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:34 pm
Location: North Carolina

Re: Good News From United Russia

Post by Grimork » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:47 am

I do personally like that one a lot better but that's just me. :)

No she's definitely talented and I do think photography is art. Everybody has different opinions of course. We don't all agree on the same things.

User avatar
Wade Hampton III
Posts: 2338
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:40 pm
Location: Pontiac, SC

Re: Good News From United Russia

Post by Wade Hampton III » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:00 am

Grimork wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:47 am
I do personally like that one a lot better but that's just me. :)
No she's definitely talented and I do think photography is art. Everybody has different opinions of course. We don't all agree on the same things.
Court rules NSA spying on Americans’
phones was illegal all along!

A federal appeals court has ruled that the telephone
metadata collection program used by the National
Security Agency to spy on Americans was illegal,
just as NSA whistle-blower Edward Snowden said
seven years ago!


The metadata “bulk collection” program violated
the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, a three-
judge panel of the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
ruled on Wednesday. The opinion delivered by Judge
Marsha Berzon reportedly contained multiple references
to Snowden and his role in disclosing the program
to the public – for which he became a wanted fugitive.

"Seven years ago, as the news declared I was being
charged as a criminal for speaking the truth, I never
imagined that I would live to see our courts condemn
the NSA's activities as unlawful and in the same
ruling credit me for exposing them. And yet that day
has arrived."

https://t.co/FRdG2zUA4U
— Edward Snowden (@Snowden) September 2, 2020

https://www.rt.com/usa/499742-nsa-spyin ... aign=Email

Grimork, I took it upon myself to include another
photograph from Mrs. Snowden's collection. As you
can probably conclude, I have no idea how much/or not
much - clothing she is wearing for this photo. If you
follow her web link, she is open to suggestions as
to whether or not her images are testing any "boundaries."
I do not think she is testing any "boundaries," but
to paraphrase yourself, that is just my opinion.
210
The Lady Is Not A Tramp
The Lady Is Not A Tramp
210.PNG (95.82 KiB) Viewed 477 times
https://www.lsjourney.com/
:o

User avatar
Grimork
Posts: 203
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:34 pm
Location: North Carolina

Re: Good News From United Russia

Post by Grimork » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:48 am

Wade Hampton III wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:00 am
Grimork, I took it upon myself to include another
photograph from Mrs. Snowden's collection. As you
can probably conclude, I have no idea how much/or not
much - clothing she is wearing for this photo. If you
follow her web link, she is open to suggestions as
to whether or not her images are testing any "boundaries."
I do not think she is testing any "boundaries," but
to paraphrase yourself, that is just my opinion.
:o
Ahem, you're actually quoting Jim, and he said you were testing boundaries... Not her. :lol:
I wasn't trying to pick a bone with you Wade, I was just trying to explain what I thought Jim was talking about.

User avatar
Jim Mathias
Posts: 2018
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:48 pm

Re: Good News From United Russia

Post by Jim Mathias » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:24 pm

Grimork wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:48 am
Wade Hampton III wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:00 am
Grimork, I took it upon myself to include another
photograph from Mrs. Snowden's collection. As you
can probably conclude, I have no idea how much/or not
much - clothing she is wearing for this photo. If you
follow her web link, she is open to suggestions as
to whether or not her images are testing any "boundaries."
I do not think she is testing any "boundaries," but
to paraphrase yourself, that is just my opinion.
:o
Ahem, you're actually quoting Jim, and he said you were testing boundaries... Not her. :lol:
I wasn't trying to pick a bone with you Wade, I was just trying to explain what I thought Jim was talking about.
It appears that Wade is needling forum standards and ethics that we mods have volunteered to uphold. Sad.
Activism materials available! ===> Contact me via PM to obtain quantities of the "Send Them Back", "NA Health Warning #1 +#2+#3" stickers, and any fliers listed in the Alliance website's flier webpage.

User avatar
Wade Hampton III
Posts: 2338
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:40 pm
Location: Pontiac, SC

Re: Good News From United Russia

Post by Wade Hampton III » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:11 pm

Jim Mathias wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:24 pm
It appears that Wade is needling forum standards and ethics that we mods have volunteered to uphold. Sad.
I think that point could use some clarification! I have seen most of
the photographs in the collection and to the best of my knowledge, none
of them appear to "violate contemporary community standards."
Last edited by Jim Mathias on Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Insults deleted

User avatar
White Man 1
Posts: 633
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 2:35 pm
Location: Knoxville
Contact:

Re: Good News From United Russia

Post by White Man 1 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:13 am

Our "community standards" (I don't like the negative connotation with Facebook you are implying here) are that we don't want anything posted here that we don't want our grandchildren to see. That includes racy photos. It's up to Mod discretion to enforce that, and pilpuling the guidelines is not a productive use of your time.

Let's get back to the topic at hand, which is Russia.

User avatar
Wade Hampton III
Posts: 2338
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:40 pm
Location: Pontiac, SC

Re: Good News From United Russia

Post by Wade Hampton III » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:11 pm

White Man 1 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:13 am
Our "community standards" (I don't like the negative connotation with Facebook you are implying here) are that we don't want anything posted here that we don't want our grandchildren to see. That includes racy photos. It's up to Mod discretion to enforce that, and pilpuling the guidelines is not a productive use of your time.

Let's get back to the topic at hand, which is Russia.
Snowden is in exile in Russia. The good news from there is that in all probably
he will be allowed to return to his homeland. When researching Snowden, I learned
that he is married to his girlfriend who happens to be an excellent photographer.
It is simply beyond belief that anyone could consider her photographs "racy."

Post Reply