Traditional White Recipes

FolkishFreya

Traditional White Recipes

Post by FolkishFreya » Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:58 pm

I'd like to start a list of traditional cooking here. If anyone cooks, this might become a great place to find good meals to try.

a traditional pot pie I made from scratch. Loaded with veggies and a thick gravy and a homemade crust. The chicken pot pie has a long history. It originated from Greece. Greeks took cooked meat and placed them in open pastry shells that were called “Artocreas”. It was the Romans who added the top crust making Chicken Pot Pie into an actual pie.
Attachments
IMG_20230605_154427_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230605_154427_HDR.jpg (3 MiB) Viewed 1401 times
-Freya
LOYAL TO THE CAUSE

Klanton

Re: Traditional White Recipes

Post by Klanton » Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:53 pm

FolkishFreya wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:58 pm
I'd like to start a list of traditional cooking here. If anyone cooks, this might become a great place to find good meals to try.

a traditional pot pie I made from scratch. Loaded with veggies and a thick gravy and a homemade crust. The chicken pot pie has a long history. It originated from Greece. Greeks took cooked meat and placed them in open pastry shells that were called “Artocreas”. It was the Romans who added the top crust making Chicken Pot Pie into an actual pie.
That looks amazing!

Supremely White

Re: Traditional White Recipes

Post by Supremely White » Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:34 pm

Yes, it does look amazing and I’m getting hungry just looking at it. Great job. Does anyone else ever get trouble trying to roll out dough for a crust and it comes out rectangular instead of round? Should I not make a thing of it, and simply cut away the angles to get the circular shape?
Also, when eating ready made pies from the store, the edges of the crust are usually just right. Mine tend to burn. The cookbook advises after fluting the edges with the fingers, to put aluminum foil on those edges to prevent burns while baking. Do others have to take this extra step to avoid the overdone crust edges?

This is a great idea for a topic, Freya.
Hitler was right.