Smoking cigarettes

Jim Mathias

Re: Smoking cigarettes

Post by Jim Mathias » Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:02 am

Be glad you are unable to feed that monkey on your back. My dad died of lung cancer a few years back and had been a smoker most of his life. It was his dying wish that my sister would quit smoking as the consequences from him smoking were hitting him. He hoped she would learn from his example.

I was there when he died, the look on his face at the moment of death was horrific and it still haunts me.
Activism materials available! ===> Contact me via PM to obtain quantities of the "Send Them Back", "NA Health Warning #1 +#2+#3" stickers, and any fliers listed in the Alliance website's flier webpage.

FolkishFreya

Post by FolkishFreya » Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:43 pm

Ages ago I smoked, I quit 14 years ago. It's a awful habit. Hitler had the right idea of discouraging his people not to smoke.
-Freya
LOYAL TO THE CAUSE

FolkishFreya

Post by FolkishFreya » Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:46 pm

Steam-Powered wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 2:06 pm
In addition to the adverse impact on one's health is the poor chance of finding a mate. Any tobacco use is a deal-breaker for me. I can't imagine any woman wanting to kiss an ashtray, either.
Absolutely! I wouldn't dare, so gross.
-Freya
LOYAL TO THE CAUSE

JohnUbele

Post by JohnUbele » Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:08 am

4 Benefits of Rolling Your Own Cigars
(Link removed)

Grimork

Post by Grimork » Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:39 am

JohnUbele wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:08 am
(Link removed)
John do you wanna take a break from just posting links to outside our forum? It's starting to be excessive. Also, promoting tobacco use isn't what we're about here.

Since I have been lured into posting here, I will post my backstory with smoking. More or less, I smoked for 11 years, about 2 packs a day give or take. When money was tight, we rolled our own. I was really badly addicted to it, I wasn't disgusted by the smell or the taste, kind of the opposite. If there wasn't enough money to buy some, well you just dug through the ashtray for stubs and gathered the old tobacco into "new cigarettes."

I quit a few years ago cold turkey, because my grandparents did it that way and subbing a product for cigarettes but keeping the nicotine addiction to me, didn't seem appealing. Mostly I did it for my fertility, and because to me babies and 2nd hand smoke & nicotine/chemical infusion into breastmilk doesn't mix. It's one thing to potentially hurt yourself, but to me it's inconceivable to do the same to a child.

RCavallius

Post by RCavallius » Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:50 am

Grimork wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:39 am
JohnUbele wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:08 am
(Link removed)
If there wasn't enough money to buy some, well you just dug through the ashtray for stubs and gathered the old tobacco into "new cigarettes."
That's outrageously disgusting. And yes, I agree, the links to tobacco-related stuff are completely inappropriate.
H0216

Grimork

Post by Grimork » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:24 am

RCavallius wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:50 am
That's outrageously disgusting. And yes, I agree, the links to tobacco-related stuff are completely inappropriate.
:lol: Well, it's the truth. I'm sure I am not the only smoker to do that either.

White_Vengeance
Location: In the Whitest possible location, high in the Appalachian Mountains, deep in the heart of Dixie.

Post by White_Vengeance » Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:08 pm

I was cigarette free throughout most of my youth. However, at my first real full-time job, I was the youngest and most impressionable; excluding me and one other stern old German, everyone else smoked. Some of my coworkers smoked like the proverbial chimney. So the daily exposure to a smoke-filled environment--this is back in the days when the only warnings about the dangers of cigarette smoking was a cryptic warning on the side of a pack of cigarettes--eventually induced me to try smoking. Anyone who denies that nicotine and all its additives are not addictive has never smoked nicotine products, because in short order I was hooked on cigarettes.

I smoked habitually until Friday, August 13, 1999 when, in a fit of anger over the feeling of being addicted to nicotine, I took my final cigarette and, at precisely 8:00 am, tossed it onto Ontario Street, on the very near North side of downtown Chicago, Illinois (I was still living the North in 1999) before entering Northwestern Memorial Hospital for a doctor's appointment. From that date and time I have never, ever smoked again. Nothing! I recall the date, day of the week, and time of day as though it was yesterday. There are certain events in my life--this obviously being one--that get recorded in long term memory and when I recall them I instantaneously recall all the details, including date, day of the week, time of day, and location at which the event took place.

When I arrived home that evening I told my wife (well, at the time I was married) that I'd quit smoking. She rolled her eyes, chuckled, and flatly stated: "we shall see." Her and I had just purchased an older, fix-it-up house, and scheduled our vacations at the exact same time so that we could begin the long, grueling undertaking of working on the house. About two weeks into our dual-vacation she said: "I'll be damned; I have not seen you with a cigarette--not even once."

This was probably due to the fact that my dearly departed father and mother passed along their stern European genes--both were stubborn as the day is long. That inherent genetic sternness is what helped me immensely through the period when one is struggling to wean himself/herself off the filthy, nasty habit of smoking cigarettes.

To this very day, Wednesday, August 24, 2022, I have not so much as even touched another cigarette. So, I emerged victorious in defeating a chronically debilitating and disgusting habit--smoking cigarettes--that had been a part of my life for 27 years. I now secretly roil and seethe in disgust at the very smell of cigarette smoke.
Any White person who can see the threat to the future of the White race today and who refuses, whether from cowardice or selfishness, to stand up for his/her people does not deserve to be counted among them.

k0te88

Post by k0te88 » Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:20 am

Steam-Powered wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:10 pm
I stopped that nasty, significantly unhealthy, and deadly addiction over four years ago. Lot's of folks have reported that after quitting had urges to smoke for years and/or decades. I devised a system of self-hypnosis and haven't experienced the slightest urge to light up since practicing this effective technique. This system works for weight loss, smoking, alcoholism, and any other self-defeating behavior. In addition to stopping unhealthy behavior, it also works to start healthy behaviors such as exercise, financial responsibility, building social relations, etc.
I find this very interesting, could you explain your method?

Jim Mathias

Post by Jim Mathias » Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:01 am

k0te88 wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:20 am
Steam-Powered wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:10 pm
I stopped that nasty, significantly unhealthy, and deadly addiction over four years ago. Lot's of folks have reported that after quitting had urges to smoke for years and/or decades. I devised a system of self-hypnosis and haven't experienced the slightest urge to light up since practicing this effective technique. This system works for weight loss, smoking, alcoholism, and any other self-defeating behavior. In addition to stopping unhealthy behavior, it also works to start healthy behaviors such as exercise, financial responsibility, building social relations, etc.
I find this very interesting, could you explain your method?
It's been awhile since 'Steam Powered' has been among us, but a method I use for every sort of addicting substance is to train myself to feel a loathing or disgust at the thought of allowing a monkey to get on my back. It comes from strong desire to have self-control, something that addiction to these substances can take away if allowed. Be intolerant (!!) and remember that there is no such thing as "trying" but doing (or not doing.) Your success or failure is all on you, not on the substance maker nor anyone else.
Activism materials available! ===> Contact me via PM to obtain quantities of the "Send Them Back", "NA Health Warning #1 +#2+#3" stickers, and any fliers listed in the Alliance website's flier webpage.