Merry Sol Invictus!

Informal discussions
Will Williams

Merry Sol Invictus!

Post by Will Williams » Sun Dec 25, 2022 2:59 pm

TODAY IN HISTORY [25 December]

274: A temple to Sol Invictus ("the Unconquerable Sun") is first dedicated in Rome by Emperor Aurelian, on the day just past the Winter Solstice, when the noonday sun is first observed to begin its return north, toward Europe. The date of the celebration is later hijacked by Christians for "Christmas."
If Whites insist on participating in "social media," do so on ours, not (((theirs))). Like us on WhiteBiocentrism.com; follow us on NationalVanguard.org. ᛉ

RCavallius

Re: Merry Sol Invictus!

Post by RCavallius » Sun Dec 25, 2022 6:55 pm

Hail to the Sun!

Would you consider Sun worship to be a valid expression of Cosmotheism's naturalistic spirituality?
H0216

Jim Mathias

Post by Jim Mathias » Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:00 am

RCavallius wrote:
Sun Dec 25, 2022 6:55 pm
Hail to the Sun!

Would you consider Sun worship to be a valid expression of Cosmotheism's naturalistic spirituality?
Worship?
noun

1. the feeling or expression of reverence and adoration for a deity

Example: "worship of the Mother Goddess"

2. used in addressing or referring to an important or high-ranking person, especially a magistrate or mayor

Example: "we were soon joined by His Worship the Mayor"
verb

1. show reverence and adoration for (a deity)

Example: "the Maya built jungle pyramids to worship their gods"
I'm not into adoring or revering any deities I haven't met or have reason to suspect they even exist. The sun is a huge, hot reactor that would melt my eyeballs and fry me to a crisp if I got close to it. What's to adore about that? It seems rather un-Cosmotheistic to worship it. It's a force of nature that's awesome in its own way and that commands respect, but to look at it as something to worship, well, I just can't.
Activism materials available! ===> Contact me via PM to obtain quantities of the "Send Them Back", "NA Health Warning #1 +#2+#3" stickers, and any fliers listed in the Alliance website's flier webpage.

White Man 1

Post by White Man 1 » Mon Dec 26, 2022 9:53 am

I think the proper attitude towards the sun is to acknowledge the important role it plays in giving us heat and light, which drove our early evolution and without which we would not exist. It is an important part of the Whole, which, as you said Jim, commands our respect.

Will Williams

Post by Will Williams » Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:15 pm

RCavallius wrote:
Sun Dec 25, 2022 6:55 pm
Hail to the Sun!

There would be no life as we know ir without our sun; no warmth or light, no Nature, no seasons, no SOLstices, no science, no humanity, nor places like Stonehenge -- no SOLar system -- nothing!

I always liked the Cosmotheist quote Dr. Pierce provided, I believe by D.H. Laawrence, that mentions the Sun and Moon, etc., but can't find it now. But Pierce describes the reality of the Whole as did no one before him.

Our truth tells us that no man, no race, not even this planet, exists as an end in itself. The only thing which exists as an end in itself is the whole. The whole of which the things I just named are parts. The universe is the physical manifestation of the whole. The whole is continually changing and always will be. It is evolving. That is, it is moving toward ever more complex, ever higher, states of existence. The development of life on earth from non-living matter was one step in this never-ending evolutionary process. The evolution of man-like creatures from more primitive forms of life was another step. The diversification of these creatures into the various races and sub-races, and the continued evolution of these different races in different parts of the world at different rates, have been continuations of this process. The entire evolution of life on earth from its beginning some three billion years ago, and in a more general sense, the evolution of the universe over a much longer period before the appearance of life, is an evolution not only in the sense of yielding more and more highly developed physical forms, but also an evolution in consciousness. It is an evolution in the self-consciousness of the whole.

From the beginning, the whole, the creator, the self-created, has followed, has in fact embodied, an upward urge — an urge toward higher and higher degrees of self-consciousness, toward ever more nearly perfect states of self-realization.... Our truth is a very simple truth, but its implications are enormous beyond imagining. To the extent that we understand and accept it, it sets us apart from all the people around us. Our acceptance of this truth marks us as the only adults in a world of children.

Our purpose is the purpose for which the earth was born out of the gas and the dust of the cosmos, the purpose for which the first primitive amphibian crawled out of the sea three hundred million years ago and learned to live on the land, the purpose for which the first race of men held themselves apart from the races of sub-men around them and bred only with their own kind. It is the purpose for which men first captured lightning from the sky, tamed it, and called it fire; the purpose for which our ancestors built the world’s first astronomical observatory on a British plain more than 4,000 years ago. It is the purpose for which Shakespeare wrote; and the purpose for which Newton pondered. Our purpose, the purpose with which we must become obsessed, is that for which the best, the noblest, men and women of our race down through the ages have struggled and died whether they were fully conscious of it or not. It is the purpose for which they sought beauty and created beauty; the purpose for which they studied the heavens and taught themselves Nature’s mysteries; the purpose for which they fought the degenerative, the regressive, and the evil forces all around them; the purpose for which, instead of taking the easy path in life, the downward path; they chose the upward path, regardless of the pain, suffering, and sacrifice that this choice entailed.
I hate to butcher Pierce's foundational piece Our Cause from nearly 50 years ago like that, but he put things in perspective then like no one before him. Read again, here: https://nationalvanguard.org/2018/09/ou ... -l-pierce/

Understanding the Sun and our seasons
-- it's a White thing.
If Whites insist on participating in "social media," do so on ours, not (((theirs))). Like us on WhiteBiocentrism.com; follow us on NationalVanguard.org. ᛉ

Will Williams

Post by Will Williams » Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:26 pm

Will Williams wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:15 pm

There would be no life as we know it without our sun; no warmth or light, no Nature, no seasons, no SOLstices, no science, no humanity, nor places like Stonehenge -- no SOLar system -- nothing!
I always liked the Cosmotheist quote Dr. Pierce provided, I believe by D.H. Laawrence, that mentions the Sun and Moon, etc., but can't find it now. But Pierce describes the reality of the Whole as did no one before him.
Thanks to Ray for finding the quote from Lawrence. It's from his last book, Apocalypse. I'll transcribe the quote Ray found, wrote down and handed to me:

The Cosmos is a vast living body of which we are still parts.
The Sun is a great heart whose tremors run through our smallest veins.
The Moon is a great nerve center from which we quiver forever...

---
About Apocalypse by D.H. Lawrence:
Written during the winter of 1929-30 and his last major work, Apocalypse is Lawrence's radical criticism of the political, religious and social structures that have shaped Western civilization. In his view the perpetual conflict within man, in which emotion, instinct and the senses vie with the intellect and reason, has resulted in society's increasing alienation from the natural world. Yet Lawrence's belief in humanity's power to regain the imaginative and spiritual values which alone can revitalize our world also makes Apocalypse a powerful statement of hope. Presenting his thoughts on psychology, science, politics, art, God and man, and including a fierce protest against Christianity, Apocalypse is Lawrence's last testament, his final attempt to convey his vision of man and of the cosmos.
---

Another Apocalypse quote:
“When I hear modern people complain of being lonely then I know what has happened. They have lost the cosmos.”

Will Williams

Post by Will Williams » Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:27 pm

At the end of Kevin Strom's New Year's eve American Dissident Voices broadcast today: https://nationalvanguard.org/2022/12/ne ... irections/, he remembers the words he spoke around the Solstice fire:
We stand this cold night before the Creator who set these stars and planets in motion — who set the Earth and the Sun and the seasons on their course — and who also brought us into being to see these things, to study these things, and, in the fullness of time, to understand these things — and, in understanding them, to see worlds we have not yet seen, to understand ideas and principles of which we have not yet conceived, to embark upon journeys we cannot yet imagine, and to become something new — something we cannot yet know, but something as far beyond Man as Man is beyond the midge that flits for a day above the mountain meadow and then is gone.

As we join hands together this Solstice, let us remember we are also joining our hands with the heroes and heroines of our race who came before us — and the heroes and heroines who are yet to come. Dr. William Pierce is one who never gave up. Our Chairman, Will Williams is one who never gives up. And those of you who are hearing my voice — the faithful and true ones, who make everything we’re doing possible — you are heroes and heroines also, for, whatever has come, you never gave up.

And this, really, is the meaning of the Winter Solstice and Yuletide and the New Year — the real “reason for the season”: When the darkest days come, they are the harbinger of a new dawn.
Kevin was unable to attend the 21 December Solstice bonfire our Tennessee Cosmotheist Community celebrated this year, 2022. Perhaps he and his family will be here next year to celebrate the real "reason for the season."
NA Chairman Will and wife/Business Manager
Lana Williams enjoy bonfire at dusk at the 21
December 2022 Winter Solstice celebration