Any Gym Rats in the Team House?

Informal discussions
BBrookshire

Any Gym Rats in the Team House?

Post by BBrookshire » Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:45 pm

Question for anyone out there who works out/body builds, etc.

I am skeptical of most of the supplements that are peddled these days, there are a few that truly work but most of it is just hype. I have started a BCAA +EAA's post work out drink. I have never had luck with BCAA's in the past but have read when combined with the essentials, there is a positive result.

Any one have any experience with the stuff? There is only so much weight you can put in an internet review.

White Man 1

Re: Any Gym Rats in the Team House?

Post by White Man 1 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:33 am

I don't touch supplements. I am of the opinion that you can do the most good for your body with animal protein and water. I'm not a bodybuilder though, just like to stay in fighting shape.

Thomas Cole

Post by Thomas Cole » Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:11 am

White Man 1 is right. I did a about ten years of very intense training, when I was younger. Stay away from that powered shit. Eggs and meat on top of a protein rich and generally healthy diet did the trick for me. Don't forget your cardio! Nothing is more pathetic then a mountain of muscle that has trouble getting around.

BBrookshire

Post by BBrookshire » Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:50 pm

Good deal - appreciate the advice. I was already kind of skeptical of all that stuff. Plus I have modified recently to add more animal protein early in the day as well. I try to consume my bodyweight in grams of protein each day.