Resistance Records

Informal discussions
Will Williams

Resistance Records

Post by Will Williams » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:22 pm

Consider that the source of this 2000 article is our watchdogs at the Southern Poverty Law Center. I met this fellow Blodgett around 1998 or 1999 and couldn't put my finger on what it was I didn't like about him. Now I know. He wasn't sincere; he was in WN solely as an opportunist to make money: an economic man. And it looks like there was an even seedier side to the pansy boy, Todd Blodgett: http://cannonfire.blogspot.com/2005/02/ ... y-yet.html Regardless, he brokered the deal where Dr. Pierce purchased Resistance Records from Patriot For Profit, Willis Carto, so he is part of WN history, like it or not.
---

Intelligence Report, Winter 2000, Issue Number: 97
Todd Blodgett Discusses Working for High-Profile Extremists

IR: What was your dispute with Carto about?

Blodgett: I'd rather not get into the specifics. Essentially, he owes me a lot of money. But my lawyer would prefer I just talk in general terms about this.

IR: Okay. Let's briefly revisit your role in the Resistance Records deal.

Blodgett: In 1996, [Resistance co-founder] George Burdi sent Carto a fax requesting a loan of around $100,000, and Carto asked me to meet with him in Canada. But Burdi couldn't get over the border, so that deal never came off. Later, in the spring of 1997, Carto asked me to go up to Detroit [where Resistance was then headquartered] and meet with them.

A week after I came back, I heard there had been a raid [on Resistance offices for failure to pay state sales taxes].

That's all that happened until the spring of '98, when Jason Snow [another co-founder who now controlled the company] contacted me wanting to know if I would talk to Willis about buying the company. We did talk, and I met later with Jason to hammer out the details. We agreed that Carto would take it over.

He would buy 60 [out of 100] shares at $1,000 a share — 30 right then through Carto's Foundation for Economic Liberty [FEL], and a warrant for another 30 to be bought by the end of '98. Plus, Jason would get a job on The Spotlight payroll for $30,000 a year.

Jason was going to sell another 25 shares to another of Willis' entities, but it was that point that Carto filed for bankruptcy. So I ended up buying those 25. Then, after my break with Willis, a Skinhead named Eric Fairburn who had threatened Carto — the same one who left a message on my answering machine threatening to behead me — was given nine of Carto's shares.

He owed me some money, and he ended up signing those over to me. Carto, meanwhile, had decided he wasn't going to honor the warrant to buy 30 more shares, so those shares went back to Jason Snow. So by November 1998, I owned 34 shares, FEL owned 21, and Jason had 45. Then, last May, I was approached by some emissaries of Dr. Pierce.

IR: So how did Pierce get Resistance?

Blodgett: Pierce [a longtime Carto enemy] would not buy Carto's [FEL's] shares direct. He told Jason Snow to buy those, and then he bought all 66 shares Jason had at about $1,800 apiece. He bought mine for substantially less. I had about $25,000 invested, and I got about half that. That's how it was done.

In all, if you count all the money Pierce put into Resistance and Resistance magazine, he probably spent close to $250,000 of his own money.

IR: What do you think the future for Resistance is now?

Blodgett: Put it like this. You can burn CDs for pennies apiece, and sell 'em for 20 bucks. And unlike Carto, Pierce's people are dedicated and they understand that there are things that can be done that will make the company more valuable.

I think Pierce will take Resistance to another level. With some good bands and some favorable press, this could be a multimillion-dollar-per-year operation. Eventually, it could be a multimillion-dollar in terms of net profit, as opposed to gross sales. If you count all the people who bought CDs, [Resistance jacket] patches and all, they have a mailing list of maybe 25,000 people to work with.

IR: Do you have any final thoughts about all this?

Blodgett: These people, the Liberty Lobby types, and frankly a lot of the violent Skinhead types, do nothing to help the conservative movement. I am not repudiating conservatism.

But I am also not, and never have been, one to advocate or condone violence. When I went to Carto, I had no idea what he was all about. Today, I am sorry I ever got wrapped up in this kind of environment.

IR: Who were The Spotlight's readers?

Blodgett: Archie Bunker in a nursing home. I mean, John Wayne subscribed to The Spotlight. FDR's son-in-law was the chairman of the Board of Policy for many years; Eddie Albert, who was in "Green Acres," was on the Board of Policy, too.

There are a lot of people who buy Spotlight [which often carries ads and stories about unconventional medicines and the like] for non-political reasons: These are the people who think they need to know that General Motors is building a car that runs on Aunt Jemima syrup, that sort of thing.

You've got people that are health-food nuts, too. So not everyone that takes the newspaper is going to be politically in sync with it. But most of them probably are.

IR: What was the editorial process like at The Spotlight?

Blodgett: The Spotlight's editorial direction serves its readership well, but it also precludes it from being able to expand that readership. I mean, Willis will not change. It's like, find a problem, sit in an editorial meeting and find some way to blame Israel for it. The latest issue I saw was blaming Israel for downing John F. Kennedy Jr.'s plane.

Once in a while, they're right, like when they said Jonathan Pollard, the spy, was working for Israel. But as my father might say, even a blind hog will find an occasional acorn. Even when they're right, they probably don't have any basis. They just make the assumption and present it as fact.

And it seems like they always go to some trailer park and talk to some heavyset lady in a beehive hairdo who was in the middle of working on her Hamburger Helper casserole when all of a sudden this UFO showed up.

Still, there are some very decent people who read The Spotlight. They might be narrow-minded, but they're not bad people. They're patriotic, they're often veterans — basically Norman Rockwell kind of people. I think Carto has conned a lot of these people. They just aren't aware of all that he stands for.

IR: How did Carto treat you personally?

Blodgett: Willis and Elisabeth Carto never had any children. And Willis took a liking to me and treated me very well — at least until late September 1998, when we had a very acrimonious dispute that resulted in my getting all my stuff out of the office [at the Liberty Lobby building in Washington, D.C.] in a matter of hours.

Willis always had people there that were just a bunch of yes-men, or yes-ladies, people who probably could not get a decent job any place else. If you're loyal to Willis and you know about the life and times of Josef Mengele [the Auschwitz extermination camp doctor known as "the angel of death"], you've got a job.

I wasn't like that. He once said to me, "You're the brightest guy here, and you're the only one who really has the connections we can use. Once I'm finished with all my legal stuff [Carto has been embroiled for years in a legal and financial battle with former employees], I could have you kind of run the show." But my goal in life was never to be the next Willis Carto.

IR: Carto's been described as something of a dinosaur in the movement. But you've said he was able to raise a great deal of money. Can you give us an example?

Blodgett: There was a bash in Ohio in October of 1997. We only mailed to people on our lists within a 60-mile radius of the zip codes in Canton, and there were still people who came from 200 miles away.

I've done advance work for congressional candidates, senatorial candidates, incumbent senators and congressmen, even presidential candidates, and I have never seen an event without any secondary mailings or telephone follow-ups where we were able to get that kind of return.

We thought we'd have about 100 people; there were maybe 300. They came to hear Willis speak, shake his hand, get a photo. They gave him a standing ovation. And we got a check for $20,000 and a lot of cash.

IR: Do you have a sense of how and why Carto got into the radical right?

Blodgett: He told me that he was never racially conscious at all — "except," and this is a quote, "for the normal stuff, like hating niggers" — until he worked for Procter & Gamble as a bill collector in California in the early '50s. And he said Jewish people were even better than the blacks at avoiding having to pay.

I think a lot of his attitudes were formed in the days of the White Citizens Councils, after the 1954 Supreme Court decision [outlawing "separate but equal" public schools].

Some former chairman of a council formed a committee to raise money to send the blacks back to Africa. That's when Willis first realized the [monetary] value of basically harping on an issue even though there's no political saliency, even though you're not going to get anywhere politically.

He goes out there and says, "I want money to get rid of these people," and there are certain people out there that when somebody speaks up for what they advocate, they give you money. Carto realized the value of espousing a lost cause: there's money in it.

I asked him one time, "Do you really think you're going to succeed at what you're trying to do?" And he said no. He said, "It's the only thing I can do. I have no hobbies except my garden. I don't have any children." He knows there's no way he's ever going to be influential like he once was. He also once said, "Todd, the problem we have is that everybody on our side is stupid." That's what he said.

IR: What was your dispute with Carto about?

Blodgett: I'd rather not get into the specifics. Essentially, he owes me a lot of money. But my lawyer would prefer I just talk in general terms about this.

IR: Okay. Let's briefly revisit your role in the Resistance Records deal.

Blodgett: In 1996, [Resistance co-founder] George Burdi sent Carto a fax requesting a loan of around $100,000, and Carto asked me to meet with him in Canada. But Burdi couldn't get over the border, so that deal never came off. Later, in the spring of 1997, Carto asked me to go up to Detroit [where Resistance was then headquartered] and meet with them.

A week after I came back, I heard there had been a raid [on Resistance offices for failure to pay state sales taxes].

That's all that happened until the spring of '98, when Jason Snow [another co-founder who now controlled the company] contacted me wanting to know if I would talk to Willis about buying the company. We did talk, and I met later with Jason to hammer out the details. We agreed that Carto would take it over.

He would buy 60 [out of 100] shares at $1,000 a share — 30 right then through Carto's Foundation for Economic Liberty [FEL], and a warrant for another 30 to be bought by the end of '98. Plus, Jason would get a job on The Spotlight payroll for $30,000 a year.

Jason was going to sell another 25 shares to another of Willis' entities, but it was that point that Carto filed for bankruptcy. So I ended up buying those 25. Then, after my break with Willis, a Skinhead named Eric Fairburn who had threatened Carto — the same one who left a message on my answering machine threatening to behead me — was given nine of Carto's shares.

He owed me some money, and he ended up signing those over to me. Carto, meanwhile, had decided he wasn't going to honor the warrant to buy 30 more shares, so those shares went back to Jason Snow. So by November 1998, I owned 34 shares, FEL owned 21, and Jason had 45. Then, last May, I was approached by some emissaries of Dr. Pierce.

IR: So how did Pierce get Resistance?

Blodgett: Pierce [a longtime Carto enemy] would not buy Carto's [FEL's] shares direct. He told Jason Snow to buy those, and then he bought all 66 shares Jason had at about $1,800 apiece. He bought mine for substantially less. I had about $25,000 invested, and I got about half that. That's how it was done.

In all, if you count all the money Pierce put into Resistance and Resistance magazine, he probably spent close to $250,000 of his own money.

IR: What do you think the future for Resistance is now?

Blodgett: Put it like this. You can burn CDs for pennies apiece, and sell 'em for 20 bucks. And unlike Carto, Pierce's people are dedicated and they understand that there are things that can be done that will make the company more valuable.

I think Pierce will take Resistance to another level. With some good bands and some favorable press, this could be a multimillion-dollar-per-year operation. Eventually, it could be a multimillion-dollar in terms of net profit, as opposed to gross sales. If you count all the people who bought CDs, [Resistance jacket] patches and all, they have a mailing list of maybe 25,000 people to work with.

IR: Do you have any final thoughts about all this?

Blodgett: These people, the Liberty Lobby types, and frankly a lot of the violent Skinhead types, do nothing to help the conservative movement. I am not repudiating conservatism.

But I am also not, and never have been, one to advocate or condone violence. When I went to Carto, I had no idea what he was all about. Today, I am sorry I ever got wrapped up in this kind of environment.
---
http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/i ... e?page=0,2
If Whites insist on participating in "social media," do so on ours, not (((theirs))). Like us on WhiteBiocentrism.com; follow us on NationalVanguard.org. ᛉ

Michael Olanich

Re: Resistance Records

Post by Michael Olanich » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:29 pm

An Interesting article. Pierce had spent a small fortune to re-vitalize Resistance Records. Unfortunately it was put under the control of Erich Gliebe. I have a question though, say you would like to purchase a pro-white record such as Dresden by Joseph Pryce. Would it be wise to purchase it from Gliebe's Resistance Records, knowing the money will go to him, and sucking it up to obtain the record? Now I have this great work as I purchased it years ago. But for those Nationalists who would like to buy it, where else can one go to purchase records of a pro-white variety?

Will Williams

Post by Will Williams » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:31 pm

Michael1488 wrote:An Interesting article. Pierce had spent a small fortune to re-vitalize Resistance Records. Unfortunately it was put under the control of Erich Gliebe. I have a question though, say you would like to purchase a pro-white record such as Dresden by Joseph Pryce. Would it be wise to purchase it from Gliebe's Resistance Records, knowing the money will go to him, and sucking it up to obtain the record? Now I have this great work as I purchased it years ago. But for those Nationalists who would like to buy it, where else can one go to purchase records of a pro-white variety?
Resistance Records is no longer in business, Michael. Do not send RR your money.

We have been looking for a digital cd of Call of the Blood ourselves to use as a master so we can make more copies of it. At this time all we have is an audiocassette with lyric sheet. Joe Pryce took the rights to COTB away from Erich Gliebe and gave it to us after he saw that we had featured it at our WLP Legacy blog, here: http://williamlutherpierce.blogspot.com ... -1995.html

Let me know if we can use your copy or a copy of your copy. Joe doesn't even have one himself and has requested that we make him some.

Thanks,

Will
If Whites insist on participating in "social media," do so on ours, not (((theirs))). Like us on WhiteBiocentrism.com; follow us on NationalVanguard.org. ᛉ

Michael Olanich

Post by Michael Olanich » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:46 am

I would be honored to provide you guys with the digital CD :) . I am happy to make a copy of my disc and mail it over. I have also ripped the album to my PC, but I didn't write the info such as track title, artist, genre etc. So they are still only titled "Track 1 - Track 17." If you prefer, I can make this available as a torrent file so you may download it yourself and make copies for yourself, Mr. Strom, and Mr. Pryce. If you're unfamiliar with torrents, you can download Utorrent at http://www.utorrent.com. Let me know if you'd prefer this route and I will create the torrent file. If not, I will make a copy as i said above.

I thought Resistance was back up as I read somewhere recently that Gliebe restored that site. But I just tried to go to resistance records official site and surprise, surprise, it is not available. Yes I have to agree, no one should send money to Erich even if in this case it's to purchase a record.

Michael Olanich

Post by Michael Olanich » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:53 am

Michael1488 wrote:Oh, I would be honored to provide you guys with the digital CD :D. I am happy to make a copy of my disc and mail it over. I have also ripped the album to my PC, but I didn't write the info such as track title, artist, genre etc. So they are still only titled "Track 1 - Track 14." If you prefer, I can make this available as a torrent file so you may download it yourself and make copies for yourself, Kevin, and Joseph. If you're unfamiliar with torrents, you can download Utorrent at http://www.utorrent.com. Let me know if you'd prefer this route and I will create the torrent file. If not, I will make a copy as i said above.

I thought Resistance was back up as I read somewhere recently that Gliebe restored that site. But I just tried to go to resistance records official site and surprise, surprise, it is not available. Yes I have to agree, no one should send money to Erich even if in this case it's to purchase a record.
I thought about it and I also wouldn't mind mailing my official master copy of Call of the Blood. So you have the illustrated booklet, cover of the compact disc, etc. This would probably make it easier for you to make exact replica's of the album. Let me know as this really would be no problem for me. :D

-Michael

Will Williams

Post by Will Williams » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:08 pm

Michael1488 wrote:I thought about it and I also wouldn't mind mailing my official master copy of Call of the Blood. So you have the illustrated booklet, cover of the compact disc, etc. This would probably make it easier for you to make exact replica's of the album. Let me know as this really would be no problem for me. :D

-Michael
You are the kind of team player it will take to build with Michael. Your little bit of sacrifice and generosity will make it possible for us to market this cd again from your master. I'll see that you get a couple of the first new copies.

Please send what you have c/o me at National Alliance; POB 172 Laurel Bloomery, TN 37680. I'll get it to Kevin who will know exactly what to do with it.

Cosmotheist

Post by Cosmotheist » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:31 pm

Will,

I do have one as well, so if anything ever bad happens to the one michael1488 sends to you two, ie. it is lost in the mail, etc, then you and Kevin can just use mine. It is an excellent cd and is in good condition and has the original inserts and lyrics.

Best regards,
Cosmotheist

Michael1488

Post by Michael1488 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:53 pm

Cosmotheist wrote:Will,

I do have one as well, so if anything ever bad happens to the one michael1488 sends to you two, ie. it is lost in the mail, etc, then you and Kevin can just use mine. It is an excellent cd and is in good condition and has the original inserts and lyrics.

Best regards,
Cosmotheist
I will be shipping my copy tomorrow (wednesday). I pm'd Will on the details. If something should happen that he does not receive it for some reason, I do appreciate the backup Cosmotheist :) , Thanks.

-Michael

Cosmotheist

Post by Cosmotheist » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:02 am

Michael,

No problem. Thanks for stepping up!

Best regards,
Cosmotheist

A White Nationalist

Post by A White Nationalist » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:09 pm

I never approved of Resistance Records, in any way, shape, or form. Even William Pierce thought the "music" it sold to white youth was garbage, and thus undermined any reason to continue selling such trash. In the end, Resistance Records was simply the white equivalent of "nigger music". If music is to be sold at all, choose good Classical or good Country Western. Some other choices might be appropriate as well. Not the Gaede Twins, though. Sweet girls, but they couldn't sing.