Resistance Records

Informal discussions
Will Williams

Re: Resistance Records

Post by Will Williams » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:26 pm

A White Nationalist wrote:I never approved of Resistance Records, in any way, shape, or form. Even William Pierce thought the "music" it sold to white youth was garbage, and thus undermined any reason to continue selling such trash. In the end, Resistance Records was simply the white equivalent of "nigger music". If music is to be sold at all, choose good Classical or good Country Western. Some other choices might be appropriate as well. Not the Gaede Twins, though. Sweet girls, but they couldn't sing.
I couldn't agree more, AWN. Fortunately RR was sold by Gliebe in 2013 so we don't have that burden to bear any longer.

Dr. Pierce's plan was to expand RR into other genre of White music but it didn't work that way, mostly because RR's market was Skinheads with their "Oi" or White Power <ahem!> music, and it couldn't grow beyond that.
If Whites insist on participating in "social media," do so on ours, not (((theirs))). Like us on WhiteBiocentrism.com; follow us on NationalVanguard.org. ᛉ

Michael Olanich

Post by Michael Olanich » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:18 pm

Will Williams wrote:
A White Nationalist wrote:I never approved of Resistance Records, in any way, shape, or form. Even William Pierce thought the "music" it sold to white youth was garbage, and thus undermined any reason to continue selling such trash. In the end, Resistance Records was simply the white equivalent of "nigger music". If music is to be sold at all, choose good Classical or good Country Western. Some other choices might be appropriate as well. Not the Gaede Twins, though. Sweet girls, but they couldn't sing.
I couldn't agree more, AWN. Fortunately RR was sold by Gliebe in 2013 so we don't have that burden to bear any longer.

Dr. Pierce's plan was to expand RR into other genre of White music but it didn't work that way, mostly because RR's market was Skinheads with their "Oi" or White Power <ahem!> music, and it couldn't grow beyond that.
I had sort of a different view of RR when I first discovered it around 2000. I was 16 at the time and Rock music was my favorite genre, so when I started listening to RR radio I found a lot of the artists very talented and seemingly very dedicated as well. Most of it was Skinhead music, with only very little being German March music or classical. I still occasionally listen to the music I purchased from RR, because some of the bands distributed by Resistance did leave a lasting impression on me.

Having said that, I understand why it didn't mesh well with the goals and ideology of the National Alliance. Many of the bands came from so many different ideologies and worldviews, from CI to Odinist/Pagan beliefs. And, in the later years after Dr. Pierce's death, it permitted bands with vile names and disgusting CD covers to be added to the catalog. RR was seemingly successful when Dr. Pierce was still alive -- successful as in generating good revenue -- but when Gliebe took over it completely fell apart.

I think it would be a good idea to publish and distribute once again a select few albums of pro-White music when NVB comes back to life, such as Dresden's Call of the Blood and perhaps other inspiring music. But I don't think creating another record company will do us any good, because it takes many artists and musicians to fill the catalog of a record company and while the money might be good at first, we would most likely have to compromise on NA ideology which should never happen, as was the case with Resistance Records.

SEAN K98

Post by SEAN K98 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:19 pm

Does anyone know when Vanguard Books will be up & running for business ? , i would like to purchase David Lane,David Duke,W. Pierce, David Irving (HoloHoax) Etc. books for my growing book collection. Please let me know, Thanks.

Will Williams

Post by Will Williams » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:39 pm

SEAN K98 wrote:Does anyone know when Vanguard Books will be up & running for business ? , i would like to purchase David Lane,David Duke,W. Pierce, David Irving (HoloHoax) Etc. books for my growing book collection. Please let me know, Thanks.
Hey, Sean!

I note in your introduction that you are a former Alliance member. Why not join back now and start receiving the National Alliance BULLETIN, where we discuss the status of National Vanguard Books and lots of other things relating to our activities? Applications here: https://natall.com/about/what-is-the-national-alliance/ I don't have a SEAN K98 in our database. :)
If Whites insist on participating in "social media," do so on ours, not (((theirs))). Like us on WhiteBiocentrism.com; follow us on NationalVanguard.org. ᛉ