I'm back •••

Informal discussions
PhuBai68

I'm back •••

Post by PhuBai68 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:35 am

••• after getting a new computer.
I got sloppy and never wrote down my password for the WB board, I just let Chrome remember it so haven't been able to get on here.
Thanks to for Grimork setting me up with a new password - I'm back.

The reason for the new computer was basically a "precaution" - a fairly expensive precaution but not being a computer geek it was the best idea my wife and I had.

Used my credit card to order those "Special Ops" sunglasses that are advertised on TV, within four hours the bank fraud department is contacting me asking if I'm purchasing xxx in London and yyy in San Diego?
Card compromised, a new one being issued.

My wife has Malware Bites so we load that onto my machine, it finds and quarantined 14 "iffy" items.
I do another online order, the next day bank fraud again, Did I charge $700+ to Toys-R-Us?
Card cancelled and new one on it's way.

Use the new card for the very first time doing an online order - YUP! - bank fraud contacts me yet again so I retired my Windows 7 computer and happened to catch this one on sale.

As a moderator on Stormfront I have to (sometimes) click on links that members/guests put in posts, I'm guessing "something bad" might have been picked up on one of those links.
How not only does my name, credit card number but three digit verification number get onto the dark web seemingly every time I use my card?
Very aggravating and inconvenient to say the least.
It's not diversity, it's displacement.

Grimork

Re: I'm back •••

Post by Grimork » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:46 am

You're welcome Phubai! Same thing used to happen on my bank debit card, even had fraud occur one time before I even used the darn thing! Finally canceled that card and didn't get a new one. If we need to pull money from the bank account we use other means of our credit cards. Very frustrating indeed.

White Man 1

Post by White Man 1 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:04 am

Great to have you back! You give us valuable insight that we have been sorely missing in your absence.

PhuBai68

Post by PhuBai68 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:41 pm

Okay, today I placed an online order.
I guess the next couple days will tell.
My old Windows 7 zt machine would wake up from sleep mode on it's own.
Was there some spyware planted on it that would then check what web sites I had visited?
Lord knows there was many years of moderating on it and checking out links in posts and in recent months some sort of bug could have been planted.
If these scummers that put so much effort into making a living did it legally they would probably be rich.
It's not diversity, it's displacement.