Governors and Legal Power.

Law and disorder.
Grimork

Governors and Legal Power.

Post by Grimork » Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:00 pm

How much actual power do Governors have? I ask because I had plans to drive to WV to see my Aunt the best times to travel on the interstate is of course in the late evening or morning.

NC made this announcement recently:
https://www-wcnc-com.cdn.ampproject.org ... 87ed30337a
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — North Carolina will be implementing a modified stay-at-home order and a nighttime curfew beginning Friday, Governor Roy Cooper announced Tuesday as COVID-19 trends continue to rise statewide.

The new restrictions, which take effect at 5 p.m., create a nighttime curfew from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. The restrictions continue through at least Jan. 8, 2021.

"It means just what it says: people are to stay at home between those hours," Cooper said.

Businesses, including restaurants, bars, entertainment venues, personal care businesses, most retail stores and more will be required to close at 10 p.m. Alcohol sales are required to stop at at 9 p.m. The sale of alcohol cannot resume until 7 a.m.

Can the governor actually arrest me for being out at these times?

White Man 1

Re: Governors and Legal Power.

Post by White Man 1 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:53 pm

In most cases with these mandates you must stay home unless out on essential business. If you were pulled over you could pretty easily argue that you are a caretaker, and off you go!

Grimork

Re: Governors and Legal Power.

Post by Grimork » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:09 pm

Yeah I was reading the fine print after I made this post and it said there was exemptions for funerals. I just can't believe the governors are allowed to do this.