Loving our family pets

Regarding children, family, and the home.
Dillon_C_Rau

Re: Loving our family pets

Post by Dillon_C_Rau » Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:30 pm

Thank you. That is such a good name.

FolkishFreya wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:20 pm
Dillon_C_Rau wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 3:40 pm
I have been away from WB for a while now. This is the reason why. My cat, Sunny has been in a decline in health recently. He has enjoyed 13 years of life. He had some serious kidney problems.

However he has made a jump for the best. Gaining some weight and been a lot more active. He use to struggle jumping onto my bed. Now he is jumping up my 10 foot fence with ease.
I used to have a Orange tabby named Sergeant Murphy, he looked a lot like your Sunny. I am glad to hear he is doing better and your back on WB.
Dillon Charles Von Rau ᛉᚢᛟ

Jim Mathias

Post by Jim Mathias » Fri Aug 11, 2023 1:26 am

Welcome back, Dillon.
I've some experience with cats who have had kidney problems. Beware when they stop eating, drinking, and their eyes become sunken-looking in their sockets. It's about that time a cat will expire.
Activism materials available! ===> Contact me via PM to obtain quantities of the "Send Them Back", "NA Health Warning #1 +#2+#3" stickers, and any fliers listed in the Alliance website's flier webpage.

Supremely White

Post by Supremely White » Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:34 am

Jim Mathias wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:31 pm
Supremely White wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:47 pm
So my question for others here with indoor pets is why they prefer to go through the trouble of drinking from the toilet when they have enough fresh clean water nearby? This has always baffled me.
It may be the taste of freshly oxygenated water. The process of flushing causes the toilet tank to refill, allowing water out of the pipes to come into contact with air. Tap water also has a bit more minerals in it, some of which we need in our diet. My cat gets RO filtered water that's placed in a dish with a recirculating pump to oxygenate it, and she drinks it, but will occasionally like to get it straight out of the tap from a sink nearby. I'd give her tap water all the time but suspect that the chlorides used to kill the microorganism within it may be the cause of some feline issues such as kidney failure.
I’m happy to report that in the past several weeks or so, as I noticed that she’s been drinking both the water from her dishes and from the toilets, she has filled back out a bit. I don’t have anything to reliably weigh her on, but I imagine she’s at least above the 7 pound mark. When I pet her, I don’t feel the sharp vertebrae poking out these days. She’s an old gal, but she also seems to have enough spirit to keep on living for a while longer.
Hitler was right.