Doctor Decapitates Baby During Birth in Hospital

Regarding children, family, and the home.
Richard_G_603

Re: Doctor Decapitates Baby During Birth in Hospital

Post by Richard_G_603 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:35 pm

it's a horrificaly common trend! My wife's cousin had a terrible experince at the hospital with her child, so my wife was determined to give birth at a birth center staffed by midwives, but because our baby was early state law dictated we go to the hospital. And while the birthing experience was fine, the post partum care for both my wife and child was horrific.
I was denied entry to the hospital when I left the second day to pick up some things at home and come back because the hospital has a "one visitation per day" due to covid (which we later found out was against the hospital's own handbook).
We did not want to wear masks around the baby to help prevent any bonding confusion and were threatened to have the baby taken from us as a result.
We had to constantly fight them over how we wanted to do things with the baby (and my wife has a degree in early childhood development with a focus on infant care, and is a certified childcare provider by the state, so she kind of knows what she was talking about) and they kept taking her away to put her in the "nursery" room every time there was a disagreement (and the nursery time added up to a $5000 bill not covered by our insurance).
We had to fight to be able to go home after a week in the hospital and were threatened with a social services investigation at one point over it.

it was a nightmare experience.

Grimork

Re: Doctor Decapitates Baby During Birth in Hospital

Post by Grimork » Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:13 am

Richard_G_603 wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:35 pm
it's a horrificaly common trend! My wife's cousin had a terrible experince at the hospital with her child, so my wife was determined to give birth at a birth center staffed by midwives, but because our baby was early state law dictated we go to the hospital. And while the birthing experience was fine, the post partum care for both my wife and child was horrific.
I'm so sorry Richard. I trust that your daughter and your wife are doing well now? Yes, those first few hours are critical and hospitals do nothing but it seems try to undermine the mother and child bond in any way possible. I feel really guilty for being ignorant and that I didn't resist subjecting my children to them. I know that even before my daughter's due date the midwife I had seen was already scheduling me for an "inducement" and telling me how I needed to have it. Children typically aren't even considered problematic until they are at least 2 weeks late. The due date is a fuzzy thing based off the first day of the mother's last period. As you can see that wouldn't even be exactly accurate for conception time.

I did refuse to be induced after researching it and finding out that information, however there's so much that I was too weak to stop them. For example giving me pictocin to speed up my labor and increase my contractions. 1) I didn't need pictocin. 2) because my contractions were so forceful after the drug and in close proximity I was made to vomit every time I was hit with a contraction. 3) because the pain from the pictocin induced contractions and under "advisory" by the midwife that I should take an epidural to deal with the relentless pain, I was denied a fully natural birth. I was never asked my consent to be given pictosin. They take complete control of you once you are admitted to the hospital and you have to fight them every step of the way to stop their unnatural policies. At risk that you are reported to child welfare, which is something you mentioned Richard.

Some side effects of Pictocin alone: nausea, vomiting, severe allergic reactions, bleeding after child birth, abnormal heart beats, high blood pressure, and rupture of the uterus.
And for the baby: Bradycardia, Premature ventricular contractions and other arrhythmias, Permanent CNS or brain damage, Fetal death, Neonatal seizures have been reported with the use of Pitocin.
https://www.medicinenet.com/side_effect ... de_effects
Listening to Mothers survey, 41 percent of women who gave birth in hospitals in 2011-2012 reported that their care provider had tried
to induce their labor. About three in four of those reported that these efforts had caused their labor to
begin, resulting in 30 percent of all pregnancies with medically induced labor.

The survey participants reported using many different methods of labor induction. The most common
method was use of synthetic oxytocin (Pitocin, 63 percent), a “high-alert” medication with possible unintended effects, followed by breaking of membranes (39 percent). Many women used more than
one method. Reasons provided were a mix of medical reasons with good research support, medical
reasons lacking good research support and non-medical (convenience) reasons.
https://www.nationalpartnership.org/our ... uction.pdf

Really the more I learn about hospital labor the more absolutely blessed and lucky I feel that my children not only survived but weren't horrifically altered in some fashion.

On the subject of them removing your daughter, this couple had a similar experience. Their daughter was removed from them because they refused a Vitamin K injection https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/bre ... story.html of course this is a form of punishment and is an abuse of what should be, the intrinsic rights of parents and child.