No Health Forum •••

Regarding children, family, and the home.
PhuBai68

No Health Forum •••

Post by PhuBai68 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:41 pm

••• so I'll stick this thread here.

Some time back
(IDK "how long" since time seems to be flying, at least for me)
on Stormfront there was a thread about kratom.
Some were swearing "just how wonderful" it was for relieving pain.
I've had back pain since 1985 -not telling "how" I destroyed my back as to not dox myself- and basically had almost an open prescription for pain killers until sometime around 2010-12 when the "war on opioids" went full swing and you felt like some creep crawling out of the gutter just asking for them.
Back to Stormfront - one of our moderators had an operation and was refusing to use the prescription drugs and was swearing by kratom.
Other members had the thread going and all raving about it.
What the hell?
Let me send away and order some which I did, capsules which did nothing for me.

When we relocated I saw "KRATOM" signs outside various stores, let me try this stuff again and bought some powdered.
Mixed it in juice and YUK! just plain nasty!
I couldn't hack drinking it.

Fast forward: yesterday I found one of those loose tea leaf holders in a kitchen drawer that my wife had.
Decided to give it another try.
A couple real tea bags in the mug with the loose leaf holder and a spoon of honey.
IDK?
Honestly, IDK if it's helping with my aches and pains BUT think it might be.
I do, however, seem to be more alert than usual.
The jury is still out.

Any opinions or thoughts?

https://kratom.com/en/kratom-guide

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitragyna_speciosa

https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/add ... atom-facts

It's not diversity, it's displacement.

PhuBai68

Re: No Heath Forum •••

Post by PhuBai68 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:32 pm

Okay, so now my assessment after three days of trial.

I believe this plant/herb does work.

the pluses
It does relieve pain to some degree - I haven't used any Salonpas 4% Lidocaine or Icy Hot 4% Lidocaine on my arthritis aching joints and am not hurting.
So it works on pain.
Also, it makes me seem more awake, more alert without the caffeine jitters.
I would say it would be great if you were doing a long and boring interstate drive like 5-10 hours.

the minuses
Do NOT make an herbal night time tea blend with it because you will be awake until 3:00 AM.
Also, kind of messy with the loose leaf tea leaves holder.
It's not diversity, it's displacement.

Grimork

Re: No Heath Forum •••

Post by Grimork » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:40 pm

Never heard of the stuff.. glad it worked for you though! Probably less side effects than opiates.

Supremely White

Re: No Health Forum •••

Post by Supremely White » Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:30 pm

I was one of the people who signed the American Kratom Association petition to try to see that it doesn’t get outlawed, as at that time some years ago, it was made illegal in a number of states ( I haven’t checked since). Kratom is native to Southeast Asia, yet some of those countries have banned kratom, ostensibly to keep the opium trade afloat.

I’ve ordered it online, and there are red, white and green strains. The “green “ strains are the more energetic ones, while the so-called white and red strains are supposedly more relaxing. The stuff, regardless of strain, all looks brownish green, like a henna powder. For pain relief, I put the powder into empty gelatin capsules.

Although kratom is not at all related to opiates and opioids, it still works on those same opioid receptors in the brain, thereby producing similar effects, and some of the side effects. I later found some prefilled kratom caps in a smoke shop. I don’t smoke anything, so that’s the only thing I bought. The pain relief is more than that of OTC meds, but less potent than prescription pain killers.

Side effects I’ve noticed were nausea, therefore the use of the gelatin capsules. However, if one has a terrible digestive problem and feels the need for an emetic to purge whatever might be causing the distress, then putting a cup of boiling water into a heaping tsp of the powder can do the trick, especially aided by a toothbrush at the back of the tongue. (I’m not advocating bulimia). Unlike pharmaceutical opiates and opioids, kratom has caused me some real constipation, so it’s also been used historically as a very effective anti diarrheal. In fact, I’ve reached for a kratom capsule whenever that got out of hand. Imodium works as well and is doctor recommended.

Finally, with all the news of the opioid epidemic, there have been many cases of people who took kratom to kick their smack addiction and they were satisfied. Much cheaper and easier to get than subs. Doctors warn about kratom if you ask about it, but someone else told me that it was because there was “no money in the cure”. Because thankfully I don’t suffer frequent chronic pain and the constipation is too much from a kratom capsule, I still have plenty of the kratom powders and capsules after over 5 years.
Hitler was right.

Will Williams

Post by Will Williams » Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:08 am

Supremely White wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:30 pm
...I’ve ordered [Kraton] online, and there are red, white and green strains. The “green “ strains are the more energetic ones, while the so-called white and red strains are supposedly more relaxing. The stuff, regardless of strain, all looks brownish green, like a henna powder. For pain relief, I put the powder into empty gelatin capsules...
[Kraton] works on those same opioid receptors in the brain, thereby producing similar effects, and some of the side effects... The pain relief is more than that of OTC meds, but less potent than prescription pain killers...
Side effects I’ve noticed were nausea, therefore the use of the gelatin capsules... Unlike pharmaceutical opiates and opioids, kratom has caused me some real constipation, so it’s also been used historically as a very effective anti diarrheal... Imodium works as well and is doctor recommended...
[T]hankfully I don’t suffer frequent chronic pain and the constipation is too much from a kratom capsule, I still have plenty of the kratom powders and capsules after over 5 years.
Very interesting, SW. Thanks for this report. I'm not sure, though, why you take kraton. Occasional pain or diarrhea? To energize or to relax? For its effects on your brain's opiod receptors?

The Big Pharma lobby naturally opposes anything like kraton that does not have BP's stamp of approval.

Here's the latest biased report from the establishment news source, NPR:

Kratom at the center of a spate
of wrongful death lawsuits
:
NPR Web
Jul 24, 2023
by Peter Haden
Kavasutra is a dimly lit bar in Lantana, Florida, with a rotating cast of characters: the magician, the repo man, the metalhead picking Slipknot on his unplugged Stratocaster. On a recent Friday night, there's about a dozen other patrons drinking, flirting, swiping at their phones.
What's not here is booze. The bar serves only nonalcoholic botanical drinks. And tonight, like most nights, one drink is clearly winning out: jumbo plastic cups filled with icy kratom tea.
Kavasutra is among thousands of U.S. businesses that sell kratom, an herbal supplement that's spurring debate in statehouses and courtrooms nationwide over how it should be classified and regulated.
And there are dozens of wrongful death lawsuits that have been filed over the product and how it is marketed. Last week, a jury in Washington state awarded a $2.5 million verdict in the first kratom wrongful death trial in the U.S.
A Southeast Asian folk medicine used widely in the U.S.
Kratom is derived from the dried leaves of a tree in the coffee family. It's native to Southeast Asia, where it's been used for centuries as a folk medicine. Millions of American users pick it up at gas stations, vape shops, bars or online.
Ash Turner, [a Negro], one of Kavasutra's patrons, has been drinking kratom tea for around six years. He says the community at the botanical bars is really inclusive and that it's helped bring him out of his shell.
"It relaxes you," says Turner, 30, as he holds a cup of red tea the size of a football. "I feel like being more social and open to these cool conversations."
Nico Westley, 30, drinks raspberry hibiscus kratom tea while gaming at Kavasutra in Lantana, Fla. He says kratom makes him "feel more focused."
Peter Haden
Lit up by the red glow from his laptop screen, Niko Westley, 30, says the herb helps elevate his gaming skills. "I feel more focused," he says, stabbing a digital stake through a vampire's heart on his computer. "I'm more on point."
In low doses, kratom acts as a stimulant and a social lubricant that can help relieve aches and pains, depression and anxiety, and symptoms of opioid withdrawal. At higher doses, it can produce a euphoric state much like an opioid does — and has been linked to addiction, seizures and death.
Behind the bar, Carlee Palermo, 25, keeps the kratom coming at Kavasutra. She says she drinks the tea to help with a degenerative condition in her spine.
Peter Haden
Behind the bar, Carlee Palermo, 25, keeps the kratom coming. She says she drinks the tea to help with a degenerative condition in her spine: "It completely took away my back pain."
The customers tonight at Kavasutra say they aren't aware of anyone who has been harmed by kratom. Then Palermo spills a little tea: Many of the people who come to the bar are in recovery from substance abuse...
Source: https://www.npr.org/2023/07/08/11865141 ... deaths-fda
If Whites insist on participating in "social media," do so on ours, not (((theirs))). Like us on WhiteBiocentrism.com; follow us on NationalVanguard.org. ᛉ

Supremely White

Post by Supremely White » Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:05 pm

The only time I ever felt any of the psychoactive effects, (relaxation from the red and white strains) was the first time I took it. I was driving, and it didn’t impair the driving one bit. It almost felt like a chill pill, but milder. The buzz lasted a few quick minutes, followed by an equally brief mild comedown, where I felt slightly nauseous and irritable with others, all during a short drive home, then back to baseline.

I’m imagining that PB had the green strains if it energized and kept him awake.
I’ve had occasional bouts with what I call “morningitis”, where it seems everything, like even my hair aches, and holds me back from starting my day. And if diarrhea is severe, kratom works like a magic bullet. For specific headaches and fever, aspirin, Tylenol, etc, are best. If a doctor has prescribed a short course of narcotics, it might be best to take that for more severe pain.

Another thing that can be administered by a nurse or dental assistant is the Exparel shot. It makes the patient feel very strong for the rest of the day after a dental surgery, and isn’t narcotic.

When I asked a controlled substance doctor what he thought of kratom, because someone else in the group had a painkiller addiction, he said that the sources for kratom aren’t always legit and could be cut with other things, and that one can’t always know that what they’re getting is pure kratom.

As the quoted article mentioned, it’s really good stuff for those hooked on heroin or prescription painkillers, and those like that bartender who need pain management but are probably having trouble getting a script due to the war on drugs, or maybe wanting a more natural solution with easier side effects than the pharmaceutical remedies.
I don’t understand why someone as old as 30 is still into video games, but in my day, it was mostly teens. Some people really need to grow up.

I didn’t know there were kratom bars around. Maybe those people, including the negro there, have a tolerance and don’t get the nausea or constipation and can therefore take bigger doses of the straight up tea and have it often and even view it as a social experience.
Hitler was right.