Children's Books

Regarding children, family, and the home.
Grimork

Children's Books

Post by Grimork » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:49 am

One of my favorite stories growing up was the Princess and the Goblin by George Macdonald https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/444 ... the_Goblin

It's a great book about overcoming adversity, using your wits, ancestral ties, and magic. The young princess is very brave and kind. She is in opposition to the beastly ground dwelling goblins who want to overthrow her father's kingdom.

White Man 1

Re: Children's Books

Post by White Man 1 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:41 pm

My favorite growing up was the Redwall series by Brian Jaques. It was all based around European tropes and history but with animals.
Redwall.jpg
Redwall.jpg (42.34 KiB) Viewed 6044 times

Grimork

Post by Grimork » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:11 pm

Oh WM1, I forgot about Redwall! That is a great book. :)

I really enjoyed The Lost Years of Merlin also in middle school. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/978 ... lost-years

Will Williams

Post by Will Williams » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:57 am

I still remember reading Bulldozer when I was in elementary school in the 1950s I read it at least twice. It had me wanting to have a machine one day and be an earth-mover and a builder, which I eventually became. :D

It's good to see this new Family Matters on WB. "Children's Books" could be here as a sub-section or in Library as a sub-section, like it is on our online bookstore. Anyway, thanks to the Internet I just rediscovered that wonderful boyhood read;

Bulldozer
by Stephen W. Meader, Edwin Schmidt (Illustrator)
[first published in 1951]
Bill Crane, just out of high school and eager for a job, goes on a June fishing trip with his friend, Ducky Davis, to a lake in the Maine wilderness. More important than the bass they catch is the discovery of a Caterpillar D2 Tractor sunk and abandoned in the lake. How Bill locates the owner and buys the machine, how he and Ducky get it out of the water and make it run, is a tale that will thrill every mechanically minded boy.

Of still broader interest is the story of Bill’s plucky battle to build a contracting business from that modest start. He makes enemies, but he makes loyal friends as well. Willing to tackle any job with his little bulldozer, he clears orchards, digs cellars, moves buildings, plows fields, skids logs, and fights forest fires. Finally, in an exciting climax, he wins an important earth-moving contract against strong and unscrupulous competition.

This is a story of a sturdy machine and a boy with courage, ingenuity, and grit. It could happen in few places on earth except America.
---
More good reviews, here: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17378388-bulldozer

Maybe we can find Bulldozer or other titles by Meader to stock for our bookstore. Boys need these books instead of crap that's pushed on them in school today like Heather Has Two Mommies.
If Whites insist on participating in "social media," do so on ours, not (((theirs))). Like us on WhiteBiocentrism.com; follow us on NationalVanguard.org. ᛉ

Jim Mathias

Post by Jim Mathias » Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:46 am

Not just a book, but a plan of action for young minds. Those who have a creative, constructive bent can create their own European castle.
medieval-castle-scaled.jpeg
medieval-castle-scaled.jpeg (862.61 KiB) Viewed 5711 times
Available from the Cosmotheist bookstore
https://cosmotheistchurch.org/product/m ... in-ashman/
Activism materials available! ===> Contact me via PM to obtain quantities of the "Send Them Back", "NA Health Warning #1 +#2+#3" stickers, and any fliers listed in the Alliance website's flier webpage.

Jim Mathias

Post by Jim Mathias » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:21 am

Will Williams wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:57 am
Maybe we can find Bulldozer or other titles by Meader to stock for our bookstore. Boys need these books instead of crap that's pushed on them in school today like Heather Has Two Mommies.
Chairman, one publisher of a wide variety, 44 of them by my count and including "Bulldozer," of Meader's novels is found here: https://www.southernskies.com
For contact information, ph: (501) 551-2974
Email: [email protected]
Activism materials available! ===> Contact me via PM to obtain quantities of the "Send Them Back", "NA Health Warning #1 +#2+#3" stickers, and any fliers listed in the Alliance website's flier webpage.

Will Williams

Post by Will Williams » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:58 am

Jim Mathias wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:21 am
Will Williams wrote:
Chairman, one publisher of a wide variety, 44 of them by my count and including "Bulldozer," of Meader's novels is found here: https://www.southernskies.com
Thanks, Jim. I had already found that site and have bookmarked it. Meader's books are $20 each which is nearly prohibitive for our online store if we are to resell at a reasonable profit. But they offer a 40% discount for bulk orders of $250, so I need to contact Southernskies to see about their policy on mixing titles in an order. I read the reviews of some of Meader's titles, but don't have time now to carefully go through and pick the best looking books besides Bulldozer. Can you do that? At $12 each that's going to be 29 books -- maybe five titles total. That's a gamble for books by the same author, but in reading a few reviews of several of them, I believe it might be worth it because his books are what young people need in these times.
If Whites insist on participating in "social media," do so on ours, not (((theirs))). Like us on WhiteBiocentrism.com; follow us on NationalVanguard.org. ᛉ

Will Williams

Post by Will Williams » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:53 pm

Will Williams wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:58 am
Jim Mathias wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:21 am
Will Williams wrote:
Thanks, Jim. I had already found that site and have bookmarked it. Meader's books are $20 each which is nearly prohibitive for our online store if we are to resell at a reasonable profit. But they offer a 40% discount for bulk orders of $250, so I need to contact Southernskies to see about their policy on mixing titles in an order. I read the reviews of some of Meader's titles, but don't have time now to carefully go through and pick the best looking books besides Bulldozer. Can you do that? At $12 each that's going to be 29 books -- maybe five titles total. That's a gamble for books by the same author, but in reading a few reviews of several of them, I believe it might be worth it because his books are what young people need in these times.
It took me a couple of months, but we've got 21 of Meader's books (not 29) coming to our bookstore. At $12 each with the discount that's $252 for five of his titles, including Bulldozer. I hope to find time to read and enjoy those adventures of Bill Crane and Ducky Davis again.