Caching weapons

Becoming self-sufficient
Colin

Caching weapons

Post by Colin » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:50 pm

Well gentlemen it looks like it is time to start stocking up on guns and ammo and creating caches, before the government starts cracking down.

Jim Mathias

Re: Caching weapons

Post by Jim Mathias » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:10 am

While at this time I don't see weapons banning or confiscation on the near horizon, this topic is a good one anyway as a refresher for many of us.

If burying, place water-tight containers within a larger container. It makes removal years hence a lot easier. For example, placing sealed pvc tubes containing your arms/ammo within a larger, 55-gallon drum with removable/sealable lid that has its fasteners well coated with grease and protected by some plastic sheeting. Place a hacksaw or similar cutting device in the drum as well to open up the sealed pvc as it's presumed you've glued all the pieces together.

Using a larger pvc tube to put smaller ones in might work for you too, just bring the right tools with you when you come back to retrieve them.

Burying some scrap a foot or so above the barrel may confound searchers with metal detectors.

Some may use cosmoline or a similar grease-like chemical to coat weapons with, include a plentiful supply of a suitable solvent with your cache in the event these chemicals are in short supply when you dig them up.

It may be wise to not put all your eggs in one basket

There's more, but this is a start.
Activism materials available! ===> Contact me via PM to obtain quantities of the "Send Them Back", "NA Health Warning #1 +#2+#3" stickers, and any fliers listed in the Alliance website's flier webpage.

Colin

Post by Colin » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:48 am

Jim, I find vacuum sealing the ammo helps too. Also choose your spot well, a friend of mine buried one cashe under the trough in the pig pen. Let's see them find that.

PhuBai68

Post by PhuBai68 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:50 pm

I was going to suggest a SKS plus a couple thousand rounds IF someone is thinking of doing this.
Silly me, I was remembering the cheap (like $70) Chinese Norinco's selling at gun shows in the late 80's/early 90's or more recently the Romanian SKS's.
If you have a C&R FFL being shipped right to your door BUT it seems the days of really cheap SKS's are past.
I really never got into the AR thing but seeing that a SKS will set you back four bills if you added part of another C note to it you could have an AR type with detachable magazine loading instead of stripper clips.
Maybe by checking out pawn shops you could find a good deal.
I really don't known about caching weapons and ammo - to me that's kind of like the "bug out bag" idea. You can't move on the roadways out of any urban area Friday night of a three day weekend so if TSHTF good luck bugging out.

https://aimsurplus.com/chinese-type-56- ... s-grade-1/

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product ... ?a=1905116
It's not diversity, it's displacement.

Colin

Post by Colin » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:16 pm

PhuBai68 wrote:I was going to suggest a SKS plus a couple thousand rounds IF someone is thinking of doing this.
Silly me, I was remembering the cheap (like $70) Chinese Norinco's selling at gun shows in the late 80's/early 90's or more recently the Romanian SKS's.
If you have a C&R FFL being shipped right to your door BUT it seems the days of really cheap SKS's are past.
I really never got into the AR thing but seeing that a SKS will set you back four bills if you added part of another C note to it you could have an AR type with detachable magazine loading instead of stripper clips.
Maybe by checking out pawn shops you could find a good deal.
I really don't known about caching weapons and ammo - to me that's kind of like the "bug out bag" idea. You can't move on the roadways out of any urban area Friday night of a three day weekend so if TSHTF good luck bugging out.

https://aimsurplus.com/chinese-type-56- ... s-grade-1/

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product ... ?a=1905116

What we are talking about is hiding guns and ammo around your property so that when they become illegal or severely restricted, you have a supply of arms that nobody knows about. If you are buying private sale guns there is no record, so the government doesn't know what you have and what you don't.

Jim Mathias

Post by Jim Mathias » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:21 am

Depending on location, it may be a good idea to keep weapons for handling a riot situation at hand rather than buried. Some urban and suburban neighborhoods have been invaded by BLM thugs and their allied antifa anarchists seeking political change through terrorism.

Cacheing militia-suitable arms and ammo is still a good idea if like Vintage 67 says, Joe Biden gets elected. Politicians never talk about gun grabbing while candidates, but when the election is won that topic is usually at the top of the agenda.

I was just reading about how to effectively evacuate oxygen from a container used to cache arms and ammo to prevent corrosion by using dry ice. Seems like a good idea that's simple to do. After loading your sealable container up, put the dry ice inside and allow it time to fill up with vapor as it comes in contact with the air inside. When the vapor has pushed out all the oxygen it spills over the container's edge and you can then seal it up.
Activism materials available! ===> Contact me via PM to obtain quantities of the "Send Them Back", "NA Health Warning #1 +#2+#3" stickers, and any fliers listed in the Alliance website's flier webpage.

OttoVonFrankfurt

Post by OttoVonFrankfurt » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:55 pm

Might I suggest investing in ammo and reloading components first. They will fly under the radar more easily and the tools involved can made to look just like that, random tools.

I would also suggest investing in tools, stock material, and firearms parts.

Lastly, I would suggesting investing in 3D printers. I am aware much of this community is likely older and thus hesitant, but other groups I am in have had great success with using 3D printing to produce firearms housings and then using simple bar stock and scrap metal to make barrels, bolts and firing pins. Though it is still currently more expedient to purchase spare parts from manufacturers and assemble them in the housings. (Scorpion Evo's).

The result are semi-auto pistols and full-auto rated pistol caliber carbines whose bodies can be 3D printed and which can be broken down into unassuming parts.

One added advantage is that when a buy back (mandatory or otherwise) is enacted, $5 worth of PLA+ can be made into a receiver which will be "bought back" at a rate of $200.

Jim Mathias

Post by Jim Mathias » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:41 pm

OttoVonFrankfurt wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:55 pm
Might I suggest investing in ammo and reloading components first. They will fly under the radar more easily and the tools involved can made to look just like that, random tools.

I would also suggest investing in tools, stock material, and firearms parts.

Lastly, I would suggesting investing in 3D printers. I am aware much of this community is likely older and thus hesitant, but other groups I am in have had great success with using 3D printing to produce firearms housings and then using simple bar stock and scrap metal to make barrels, bolts and firing pins. Though it is still currently more expedient to purchase spare parts from manufacturers and assemble them in the housings. (Scorpion Evo's).

The result are semi-auto pistols and full-auto rated pistol caliber carbines whose bodies can be 3D printed and which can be broken down into unassuming parts.

One added advantage is that when a buy back (mandatory or otherwise) is enacted, $5 worth of PLA+ can be made into a receiver which will be "bought back" at a rate of $200.
Making your own arms, especially full auto, has legal implications every would be manufacturer should know. Some involve lengthy prison sentences. As Alliance members are of no use to our race nor to our Cause sitting in a penitentiary, the Alliance policy is that members need to follow the law scrupulously. Prosecutors and careerist law enforcement types salivate at the thought of the headlines they can make when a White patriot commits crimes involving guns. Even talking about il legal activity is enough to attract their attention. Let's not go there, and if discussion on this topic is wanted, let's keep the talk on only legal activities.

Wolf Stoner

Post by Wolf Stoner » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:31 pm

Proper training is a key question. And 90% of military training could be done without real weapons. When people have mastered theory well, the acquisition of practical skills goes very rapidly. Actually, a man that knows theoretic part wel,l needs only couple of weeks training with real weapons to become a proficient fighter. By the way, some key military hardware isn't even guns but measuring instruments. You can't fight without measurements. So, all kinds of angle-measuring devices are the most essential part of all military units. In modern times the electronic total stations can do all tasks that previously required many devices. So, you can buy a used total station for as little as a thousand dollars and train in all possible tasks. By the way, this instrument has very important civil engineering application; you can earn money with it. So, topographic maps, total station and appropriate computer software (autocad, for example) is much more potent force than any handgun. And if you study such skills, no one would be able to stick a charge against you, but when time comes, you would be better than others prepared for this. By the way, here is a link to my unpublished book dealing with topographic surveying as applied to typical military tasks. The book is written purposefully for low-tech environment. All army manuals are oriented for units having all types of appropriate hardware and software. Here, on the contrary, everything is presented for a situation when you have very little resources. If someone is interested in the matter I can give a link to my videos about the same topics. Having mastered use of total station, you can easily create caches in such a way that no one would ever find them, except you. https://cloud.mail.ru/public/9F6C/JeBZ57SsR

Jim Mathias

Post by Jim Mathias » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:26 pm

Wolf Stoner wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:31 pm
Proper training is a key question. And 90% of military training could be done without real weapons. When people have mastered theory well, the acquisition of practical skills goes very rapidly. Actually, a man that knows theoretic part wel,l needs only couple of weeks training with real weapons to become a proficient fighter. By the way, some key military hardware isn't even guns but measuring instruments. You can't fight without measurements. So, all kinds of angle-measuring devices are the most essential part of all military units. In modern times the electronic total stations can do all tasks that previously required many devices. So, you can buy a used total station for as little as a thousand dollars and train in all possible tasks. By the way, this instrument has very important civil engineering application; you can earn money with it. So, topographic maps, total station and appropriate computer software (autocad, for example) is much more potent force than any handgun. And if you study such skills, no one would be able to stick a charge against you, but when time comes, you would be better than others prepared for this. By the way, here is a link to my unpublished book dealing with topographic surveying as applied to typical military tasks. The book is written purposefully for low-tech environment. All army manuals are oriented for units having all types of appropriate hardware and software. Here, on the contrary, everything is presented for a situation when you have very little resources. If someone is interested in the matter I can give a link to my videos about the same topics. Having mastered use of total station, you can easily create caches in such a way that no one would ever find them, except you. https://cloud.mail.ru/public/9F6C/JeBZ57SsR
The information you've shared has value and is welcomed here. Thanks for posting this.