Volksteading: a full community approach to survival.

Becoming self-sufficient
Jim Mathias

Re: Volksteading: a full community approach to survival.

Post by Jim Mathias » Sat May 04, 2019 1:30 am

Colin wrote:Looks like he needs some mountains to build on. All that flat land is flooded.
The Mississippi valley isn't as flat as you infer, but there is water everywhere due to continual rainfall. All land around these parts is pretty well saturated and can't be tilled up, whether it's in the low-lying areas (such as the downtown Davenport area you see in the picture Will posted) or in the highest ground around. It will remain that way even if the weather dries up for a week or two, and the usual May 1st planting date has been blown out.

Incidentally, I've posted fliers in that area in the past, in broad daylight too. Any locals reading this and having received a flier should send the National Office a donation as thanks! :lol:
Activism materials available! ===> Contact me via PM to obtain quantities of the "Send Them Back", "NA Health Warning #1 +#2+#3" stickers, and any fliers listed in the Alliance website's flier webpage.

Colin

Post by Colin » Sun May 12, 2019 10:29 am

Happy Mother's day everyone. It is this time of year when I realize just how important our wife's and mothers are, not just to the everyday things but to our cause. We really need to put more effort into recruiting women. I see too much of concentrating on bringing strong males into the cause while overlooking the backbone of our families and culture.

Jim Mathias

Post by Jim Mathias » Mon May 13, 2019 12:17 am

Colin wrote:Happy Mother's day everyone. It is this time of year when I realize just how important our wife's and mothers are, not just to the everyday things but to our cause. We really need to put more effort into recruiting women. I see too much of concentrating on bringing strong males into the cause while overlooking the backbone of our families and culture.
As women are very susceptible to the messages distributed via mass media, it's very important to continue supporting what we have currently built and seek to expand at the earliest opportunity. For that we do need the talents of our people of either sex, and if we get men for the job, then let's put them to good use. The more powerful our voices, the more influential we'll be with our own women---so long as our message retains or improves upon its credibility!.
Activism materials available! ===> Contact me via PM to obtain quantities of the "Send Them Back", "NA Health Warning #1 +#2+#3" stickers, and any fliers listed in the Alliance website's flier webpage.

Colin

Post by Colin » Tue May 14, 2019 9:47 am

Jim Mathias wrote:
Colin wrote:Happy Mother's day everyone. It is this time of year when I realize just how important our wife's and mothers are, not just to the everyday things but to our cause. We really need to put more effort into recruiting women. I see too much of concentrating on bringing strong males into the cause while overlooking the backbone of our families and culture.
As women are very susceptible to the messages distributed via mass media, it's very important to continue supporting what we have currently built and seek to expand at the earliest opportunity. For that we do need the talents of our people of either sex, and if we get men for the job, then let's put them to good use. The more powerful our voices, the more influential we'll be with our own women---so long as our message retains or improves upon its credibility!.
That is the point of this topic, to share what we are doing in our little community and see what others are doing.

Jim Mathias

Post by Jim Mathias » Wed May 15, 2019 12:37 am

Colin wrote:
Jim Mathias wrote:
That is the point of this topic, to share what we are doing in our little community and see what others are doing.
Around here, fliers and business cards are distributed, mostly in an impersonal way. Face to face literature distribution has been performed too, though usually in a more congenial environment. I've offered a wide variety of books of authoritative non-fiction stature as well as some fiction (think The Turner Diaries or Thomas Wolfe's Bonfire of the Vanities) for those who enjoy reality reflected in entertainment art.

Will Williams

Post by Will Williams » Wed May 15, 2019 10:15 am

Colin, the Alliance is naturally more a masculine movement than a feminine one, as our women are more prone to compromise over taking the necessary hard line. But that doesn't mean we do not value White females -- our mothers, wives, sisters and daughters -- any more than our males.

I recall how surprised the SPLC was in one of their smear articles back in 2015, or so, to see that our renewed NA included Jayne Cartwright on the NA board of directors, Vanessa Neubauer as our Correspondence Secretary and Lana Williams as our Business Officer Manager. Most WN organizations apparently are led by a bunch of "hard legs" (men) in key positions like that. We welcome our female members and value each one highly, though traditionally they only constitute 15% or so of our membership. We'd like to see that percentage rise for a more equitable division of membesrs of both genders. Many male members are fully supported by their wives and girlfriends so the 15% figure is deceiving.

Back before women were allowed to vote in the 1920s the man cast one vote for his family. Families weren't divided by gender as many are today.

We need our sisters!!! I can't stand the idea that they are divided against us, described in the controlled media as "women and other minorities." The fact that 40% of White women supposedly voted for Barack Obama for president is a huge problem we must overcome. Of course had they voted for John McCain or Mitt Romney, instead of for Obama, like the majority of their brothers and husbands and fathers and sons did, we wouldn't be much better off than we are today. Watch how the White female vote is split is in the 2020 to see just how divided the so-called White majority of the electorate is.

Dr. Pierce talked often about how destructive Jew-led feminism has been to normal relationships between our men and women. Read his chapter in Fame of a Dead Man's Deeds, or listen to the chapter on men and women, here: https://nationalvanguard.org/2018/02/th ... and-women/
If Whites insist on participating in "social media," do so on ours, not (((theirs))). Like us on WhiteBiocentrism.com; follow us on NationalVanguard.org. ᛉ

Colin

Post by Colin » Wed May 15, 2019 11:20 am

Will, the fact that NA does include women is part of the reason I have always been drawn to the program.

Colin

Post by Colin » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:20 am

Well, with all the rain, most of the garden is gone. Looks like I need to get the greenhouses finished. We are talking about putting in a full aquaponic system. That is where we will raise fish like tapia in tanks and circulate the water through the greenhouse. That way the fish feed the plants and they clean the water for the fish. I am going to have drive out today and see how much damage the flooding last night caused.

Jim Mathias

Post by Jim Mathias » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:24 am

Colin wrote:Well, with all the rain, most of the garden is gone. Looks like I need to get the greenhouses finished. We are talking about putting in a full aquaponic system. That is where we will raise fish like tapia in tanks and circulate the water through the greenhouse. That way the fish feed the plants and they clean the water for the fish. I am going to have drive out today and see how much damage the flooding last night caused.
The heavy rains and attendant flooding are making many farmers in the midwest face the fact they may need to leave their fields fallow this year (and collect insurance, if they have it in this sort of event). Food prices are likely to be affected on a large scale as one result. I've heard of obtaining large tanks for raising fish and using the water as a source of moisture/fertilizer before. What's your source of information and/or schematic plans for this? Perhaps some other members would be interested in doing something similar according to their needs.

Colin

Post by Colin » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:43 am

Jim Mathias wrote:
Colin wrote:Well, with all the rain, most of the garden is gone. Looks like I need to get the greenhouses finished. We are talking about putting in a full aquaponic system. That is where we will raise fish like tapia in tanks and circulate the water through the greenhouse. That way the fish feed the plants and they clean the water for the fish. I am going to have drive out today and see how much damage the flooding last night caused.
The heavy rains and attendant flooding are making many farmers in the midwest face the fact they may need to leave their fields fallow this year (and collect insurance, if they have it in this sort of event). Food prices are likely to be affected on a large scale as one result. I've heard of obtaining large tanks for raising fish and using the water as a source of moisture/fertilizer before. What's your source of information and/or schematic plans for this? Perhaps some other members would be interested in doing something similar according to their needs.
A lot of the information and plans I have come from back issues of "Backwoods Home" magazine. They have an excellent archive and you can order their anthologies on their website. They are all digital now and are "mainstream" but they do have a good deal of information on homesteading, aquaponics and survival.