Warren Folks (1920-2011)

Dan

Warren Folks (1920-2011)

Post by Dan » Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:18 pm

Has anybody here heard of Warren Folks? I stumbled across a video on archive.org where Tom Metzger interviews him (6-16-1990)

In the video he says he recently won the election for state senator in Florida, but his term hadn't started yet, and he was "Senator Elect". But the two articles I could find on him in the main stream media say he lost every election he entered.

So anybody know what really happened? In the video he seems like a real sharp guy, but of course the 2 articles I could find on him in the mainstream media make him out to be a terrible person.

Metzger interview of Warren Folks
https://archive.org/details/1994-warren-folks

main stream article
https://www.jacksonville.com/story/news ... 884020007/
"He was a perennial candidate for office but lost every race he entered."

Dan

Re: Warren Folks (1920-2011)

Post by Dan » Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:22 pm

Also in the interview he mentions George Lincoln Rockwell and speaks very highly of him. He gives a good description of meeting him in person in Florida in the 1960s.

Jim Mathias

Post by Jim Mathias » Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:06 pm

Dan wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:18 pm
"He was a perennial candidate for office but lost every race he entered."
Lacking media and other institutions to back him, it appears his campaigns for office lacked support in an increasingly anti-White America in the 1960s and onward and often was shown hostility by those institutions. The point he proved, albeit unwittingly, was that the political route is now completely closed off to pro-Whites. Our program of the National Alliance aligns with this point and stresses we must form our own institutions to serve us in preparation for more fundamental things such as survival as a race.
Activism materials available! ===> Contact me via PM to obtain quantities of the "Send Them Back", "NA Health Warning #1 +#2+#3" stickers, and any fliers listed in the Alliance website's flier webpage.

Dan

Post by Dan » Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:01 am

But did he win or not? Or did he win but was thrown in jail on a bogus charge before he got in office?

Jim Mathias

Post by Jim Mathias » Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:57 pm

Dan wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:01 am
But did he win or not? Or did he win but was thrown in jail on a bogus charge before he got in office?
What would be the significance of the win if it happened?
Activism materials available! ===> Contact me via PM to obtain quantities of the "Send Them Back", "NA Health Warning #1 +#2+#3" stickers, and any fliers listed in the Alliance website's flier webpage.

Dan

Post by Dan » Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:48 pm

The significance for me would be to satisfy my curiosity. I'm curious to know what really happened.

The significance for Whites would probably be negligible because by 1990 it was probably already too late.

White Man 1

Post by White Man 1 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:58 pm

https://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/article/ ... tted-trial
Warren Folks, a militant segregationist who was charged with two counts of inciting a riot and another count of interfering with a lawful assembly in connection with civil rights demonstrations, was found not guilty on all counts by Municipal Judge John Santora.

Folks’ three arrests occurred in July, when he disrupted demonstrations led by Rutledge Pearson, state president of the NAACP.

After no other attorney would defend Folks, retired Circuit Judge William Maness agreed to represent him at the bench trial.

Maness was a well-known civil rights advocate and resigned from the court in 1963 to devote his time to the cause of equal opportunities for all people, regardless of race.

At one point in his argument in Folks’ defense, Maness described his client as “foolhardy,” but with a reason.

“Foolhardy? Yes, but for a cause he holds dear. A cause that shocks the sensitivity of all who hold human values high regardless of race, color or religious preference — a cause sparked by a belief that the white man, outnumbered though he may be, is ordained by God as supreme, superior to all other men,” he said.

“This may be the practice of many — and it seems to be, but it finds no support in democracy, and few openly admit their own prejudices or join this cause. The cause is not popular, but this court knows that the popularity of a man’s belief is not the test of criminal responsibility, nor for that matter, the test of his right to counsel,” Maness added.

As he announced his decision, Santora said he was ashamed of his fellow members of the Bar for not wishing to represent Folks.

“I am happy that Judge Maness agreed to defend him, even though he disagreed with Folks’ views,” Santora said.

It was noted Folks was imperial potentate of the Knights of the Great White Klan. He was arrested when he attempted to arrest Pearson on a warrant issued by the Klan.
I can't find anything on his senate run, but were I a betting man I'd put my money on "he lost".

White Man 1

Post by White Man 1 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:00 pm

Dan

Post by Dan » Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:00 am

White Man 1 wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:00 pm
http://chazzcreations.com/warren_h_folks

More on Folks
Thanks!