Democrat Tulsi Gabbard Introduces Bill That Would Ban Biological Males From Women’s Sports

Benjamin Bice

Democrat Tulsi Gabbard Introduces Bill That Would Ban Biological Males From Women’s Sports

Post by Benjamin Bice » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:31 pm

By Ryan Saavedra

Dec 11, 2020 DailyWire.com

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-HI) introduced legislation this week that would specify that Title IX, which protects people from being discriminated against based on sex in education programs that receive federal funding, be applied based on a person’s biological sex as determined at birth by a physician.

Gabbard introduced the bipartisan bill, dubbed the “Protect Women’s Sports Act,” with Rep. Markwayne Mullin (R-OK) on Thursday. The bill seeks to protect “the sex-based intention of Title IX protections by reaffirming the biological sex-based distinctions between men and women in athletics.” The bill would prevent organizations which allow biological males to compete against females from receiving federal funding.

“Since its creation, Title IX has been confronted by various challenges, often resulting in nuanced or situational solutions to the circumstances,” reads a press release from the two members of Congress issued Thursday. “This has included considering the fairness of an individual of one sex to play on a team designated for another sex when no such team is available to the individual, such as women’s field hockey or men’s football. This bill protects the sex-based intention of Title IX protections by reaffirming the biological sex-based distinctions between men and women in athletics.”

“Title IX was a historic provision championed by Hawai’i’s own Congresswoman Patsy Mink in order to provide equal opportunity for women and girls in high school and college sports,” Rep. Gabbard said in a statement included in the release. “It led to a generational shift that impacted countless women, creating life-changing opportunities for girls and women that never existed before.”

“However, Title IX is being weakened by some states who are misinterpreting Title IX, creating uncertainty, undue hardship and lost opportunities for female athletes,” Gabbard continued. “Our legislation protects Title IX’s original intent which was based on the general biological distinction between men and women athletes based on sex. It is critical that the legacy of Title IX continues to ensure women and girls in sports have the opportunity to compete and excel on a level playing field.”

“Title IX was designed to give women and girls an equal chance to succeed, including in sports,” said Rep. Mullin. “Allowing biological males to compete in women’s sports diminishes that equality and takes away from the original intent of Title IX. As the father of three girls involved in athletics, I want them to be able to compete on a level playing field. I am proud to lead this bill that will safeguard the integrity of women’s sports and ensure female athletes can compete fairly.”

Sports Illustrated provides some context for the bill:

Though NCAA rules allow transgender women to participate in women’s sports, this is not the first time legislation has presented an obstacle. Various branches of government have disagreed on this issue just this year.

In April, Idaho banned trans athletes from women’s sports, though the state is being sued by Boise State track and field athlete Lindsay Hecox. In May, the Education Department’s Office for Civil Rights decided that allowing transgender athletes to compete in Connecticut high school sports violated the civil rights of female athletes. The Supreme Court ruled in June, however, that discrimination on the basis of gender identity is classified alongside sex discrimination under the Civil Rights Act.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/democrat ... vO-jRW1ZA8

Old Aardvark

Re: Democrat Tulsi Gabbard Introduces Bill That Would Ban Biological Males From Women’s Sports

Post by Old Aardvark » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:34 pm

I love it when the sick regime we live under does things this stupid. It's like shooting themselves in the foot.

Grimork

Re: Democrat Tulsi Gabbard Introduces Bill That Would Ban Biological Males From Women’s Sports

Post by Grimork » Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:46 am

I'm surprised Tulsi being a democrat would propose legislation like this. Men shouldn't be allowed in women's sports! It doesn't matter what they "identify" as. I doubt it will pass, but it should.

Jim Mathias

Post by Jim Mathias » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:58 pm

Grimork wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:46 am
I'm surprised Tulsi being a democrat would propose legislation like this. Men shouldn't be allowed in women's sports! It doesn't matter what they "identify" as. I doubt it will pass, but it should.
Laws can't fix bad cultural practices, but proposals like this point at how low in societal quality we've sunk.
Activism materials available! ===> Contact me via PM to obtain quantities of the "Send Them Back", "NA Health Warning #1 +#2+#3" stickers, and any fliers listed in the Alliance website's flier webpage.

Will Williams

Post by Will Williams » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:34 pm

Grimork wrote:

Of the 18 or 20 Democrat candidates in that party's primary for president last year, Miss Tulsi seemed to be the only one who had any sense. She's not even White https://nationalvanguard.org/2019/02/tu ... f-america/

The other Democrats in that field kind of ganged up on her if I recall. But she got to rip that disgusting Negress, now VP-Elect Harris, here, at about four minutes in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4fjA0K ... e=emb_logo
If Whites insist on participating in "social media," do so on ours, not (((theirs))). Like us on WhiteBiocentrism.com; follow us on NationalVanguard.org. ᛉ

Grimork

Post by Grimork » Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:30 pm

Jim Mathias wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:58 pm
Laws can't fix bad cultural practices, but proposals like this point at how low in societal quality we've sunk.
You're right, Jim. In fact, laws don't fix anything. But, it puts in a precedent that if enforced people are supposed to follow. Laws are like Rules. Of course some people always break the rules, but if the rules aren't there, there's nothing to uphold or nothing to be held accountable to.
https://nationalvanguard.org/2019/02/tu ... f-america/
The other Democrats in that field kind of ganged up on her if I recall.
Not surprising, she's skirting outside the democratic box with this kind of thing. I will read the article, thanks.

Benjamin Bice

Post by Benjamin Bice » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:29 pm

Will Williams wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:34 pm
Grimork wrote:

Of the 18 or 20 Democrat candidates in that party's primary for president last year, Miss Tulsi seemed to be the only one who had any sense. She's not even White https://nationalvanguard.org/2019/02/tu ... f-america/

The other Democrats in that field kind of ganged up on her if I recall. But she got to rip that disgusting Negress, now VP-Elect Harris, here, at about four minutes in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4fjA0K ... e=emb_logo
She can kind of half-ass pass off as white - which means she isn't actually white. Good call, Chairman. Personally my favorite Polynesian/Samoan is the professional wrestler known as Samoa Joe.