Judicial Candidate Persecuted for Husband's Pro-White Stance

Mike Sullivan

Judicial Candidate Persecuted for Husband's Pro-White Stance

Post by Mike Sullivan » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:53 am

Anna Zubkova and Rob Freeman

The husband of a Plainfield attorney running for a probate judge seat was a member of a prominent neo-Nazi group for several years, according to watchdog groups, and currently maintains a pro-white online blog.
Rob Freeman is the husband of attorney Anna Zubkova, of Plainfield, who is a candidate in the Democratic primary for probate judge. The election is Tuesday.

Freeman’s blog, called "Mindweapons in Ragnarok," has the tagline of "Once Aryan Skynet is self aware, it doesn't matter who threw the switch."

The Ragnarok website, which includes references to mythological and science fiction-based end-of world scenarios, includes entries promoting white pride. The latest entry is a reaction to his being "outed."
"So I’m ‘prominent’ and a ‘neo-Nazi?’ the entry states. "I don’t know that I’m prominent, and the neo-Nazis are the ones genociding my wife’s people in Eastern Ukraine, funded by the USA government to the tune of 5 billion dollars."
In another entry, Freeman speaks of white guilt.

"White children are taught to feel guilty for being white," it states. "White guilt makes white kids timid and ashamed of being white, and emboldens other races to attack them unprovoked."
When asked about his specific views on race, Freeman dissembled at times.
"There are different groups," he said. "Don’t you think East Africans are the best marathon runners? Certain groups excel in areas others don’t. I believe in human bio-diversity."

Freeman admitted being part of the extreme right wing movement years ago, "until it died out."
"I think every group of people have legitimate conflicts of interest and I am for having an open conversation about those conflicts, not through violence. I don't wish ill of anyone."

Zubkova will compete for the 27th Probate District judgeship, which covers Killingly, Plainfield, Canterbury and Sterling, against fellow Democrat Andrea Truppa in Tuesday’s primary election.
Zubkova and Freeman have been married for 17 years and have one daughter, according to an interview conducted by a Bulletin reporter. In a phone interview on Thursday, Zubkova said she does not subscribe to her husband’s views and her fitness for the bench should not be tarred by his opinions.

"He did not have those views when we married, but acquired them after," she said. "What am I supposed to do? Divorce him? It’s not unusual for husbands and wives to have different views. As a judge, I can assure you I would not discriminate against anyone, even based on their beliefs. In my career, I’ve represented clients from many different backgrounds and races, all to the best of my knowledge and ability."

Zubkova garnered six of the Democratic endorsing committee's 16 votes during its convention and was endorsed by the Plainfield Democratic Town Committee.

Chairman William Holmes said the committee was unaware of Freeman’s views at the time of Zubkova’s endorsement."If we had, there obviously would have been a conversation before we proceeded," he said. "I would have proposed holding back any endorsement until we could have researched the matter."
Truppa declined to comment on the matter, except to say she was "very shocked."
Plainfield First Selectman Paul Sweet, who endorsed Zubkova, said learning about Freeman’s history was like "getting kicked in the stomach."

"I feel (Zubkova) deceived us by omission and I feel misled," he said. "I’m pulling my support and telling my friends and family to do the same. The signs on my lawn are coming up. There’s a lot of good people who made a decision to support her without having all the information they needed."

Daryle Jenkins, founder of the One People’s Project, which keeps tabs on neo-Nazi groups, said his group became aware of Freeman about 10 years ago.
"He was one of 300 neo-Nazis attending a rally in Pennsylvania and, before that, was at some anti-hate forums in Massachusetts," he said. "So we looked him up and created a bio of him."

Jenkins said his group has not turned up any information that links Zubkova to her husband’s activities. He said Freeman was a member of the National Alliance, which the Southern Poverty Law Center said "was for decades the most dangerous and best organized neo-Nazi formation in America."

"He went off the radar for a while before he popped up again with his website," Jenkins said. "The best thing about (Freeman) is he's boastful."

In writing about his voting for President Barack Obama, Freeman said:
"Worse is better! All those white people who aren’t on our side, need to suffer! They need to lose their jobs to Mexicans, they need to get knockout games, they need to not get into college because they are white, they need to be driven to desperation!"

A picture under one his entries depicts the grinning caricature of a black man holding a large knife with the caption: "Around blacks ... never relax."
Freeman said the picture was in reference to the prevalence of the "knock-out game," in which assailants attempt to render a victim unconscious with a sudden blow to the head.

In another entry, Freeman talks about blacks moving into white neighborhoods.
"In the suburbs, whites are complacent about blacks moving in. They feel spread out enough that they aren’t afraid of having to live cheek by jowl with Jamal and Laquan," he wrote. "If they suddenly have to start living cheek by jowl with Blacks, they will be forced to organize with the intent of getting the right to have White neighborhoods.

Can you imagine if we were in a situation where millions of White people were desperate, DESPERATE, to not have to live in a hellish, loud, dangerous Black neighborhood? This will be the great teachable moment."
Freeman on Thursday said he stands behind every word on his blog.

"There are certain careers, like teachers, that I couldn’t (hold) with my views that, if they were held by someone from another race saying exactly the same thing, would be fine," he said.

http://www.norwichbulletin.com/article/ ... z39sxc7hwi