Boarder

Supremely White

Boarder

Post by Supremely White » Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:37 am

A boarder is someone who rents a room in a boarding house. Even not a formal boarding house. Sometimes people lease out a room of their house in order to supplement their income, particularly if a child moves out. The bedroom is exclusively for the boarder, and if there’s not an en suite bathroom, then the main one in the hallway is for their use, as is the kitchen and dining room, often, but not always, including food, or sometimes they are to buy their own groceries, depending on the arrangement with the homeowner.

So why in the world for decades now, have I continued to see commenters on immigration issues, especially the anti immigration people, misspell border as “ boarder “? Are that many Americans that retarded, or is this something deliberate that I’m out of the loop on?
No spelling police types ever call them out on it.

Do they not still teach spelling in every grade of school, 1st-12th? In my day, we had spelling and vocabulary lists and quizzes every week, in 11th grade, but that was a private school.
Hitler was right.

Will Williams

Re: Boarder

Post by Will Williams » Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:19 am

So, you're saying there is no boarder crisis? That good news. :lol:
If Whites insist on participating in "social media," do so on ours, not (((theirs))). Like us on WhiteBiocentrism.com; follow us on NationalVanguard.org. ᛉ

Supremely White

Post by Supremely White » Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:35 am

I haven’t heard of any being behind on their rent, but when I was a teen, after my parents separated and divorced, my father had custody of me and my mother had custody of my sister. My father used to tell amusing bedtime stories about a boarding house, and then he got the idea to lease out my sister’s room for a spell. Once he got wind that the boarder, a brain damaged man in his late 20s, was going for walks with me, he had him evicted. That’s the only boarder crisis I’ve known of.
Hitler was right.

MartinLFletcher

Post by MartinLFletcher » Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:02 pm

When I was in school I rented a room in a boarding house rather than try to live in a dorm. House rules were: "quiet time" after 10pm, no alcohol, and no female guests. It was a good environment for a student. I met some interesting people; one of my housemates was another engineering student who kept all his notes for all his classes in one small pocket notebook, and had never had a grade in any class lower than an A+. Probably the smartest man I ever knew.

As for confusing "boarder" and "border," a lot of people no longer really know how to spell. I wonder if that is at least partially due to people not reading as much.

Jim Mathias

Post by Jim Mathias » Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:36 am

MartinLFletcher wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:02 pm
As for confusing "boarder" and "border," a lot of people no longer really know how to spell. I wonder if that is at least partially due to people not reading as much.
While I'm not as proficient at using the English language as I could be, the instances of misspelled words or poorly constructed sentences appear to be more numerous in various media I've consumed compared to 20 years ago. The articles in what's considered to be the "mainstream" media are becoming notorious for this, I believe the lack of standards that writers and editors were once held to have been relaxed. Is it a coincidence? The overall degradation of the entire System the Jews are running has become apparent over time. They're racing to the bottom at a greater velocity. Rough times are ahead.
Activism materials available! ===> Contact me via PM to obtain quantities of the "Send Them Back", "NA Health Warning #1 +#2+#3" stickers, and any fliers listed in the Alliance website's flier webpage.

Agent_of_the_Avalanche

Post by Agent_of_the_Avalanche » Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:55 am

Any good book recommendations for English grammar? I wish to become the top Grammar Nazi of the NA.

Agent_of_the_Avalanche

Post by Agent_of_the_Avalanche » Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:57 am

Agent_of_the_Avalanche wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:55 am
Any good book recommendations for English grammar? I wish to become the top Grammar Nazi of the NA.
And recognized by the ADL and SPLC as such.

RCavallius

Post by RCavallius » Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:17 pm

That's a pretty competitive field.
H0216

Agent_of_the_Avalanche

Post by Agent_of_the_Avalanche » Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:55 pm

RCavallius wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:17 pm
That's a pretty competitive field.
:lol:
And it's only going to get more so...especially when we recruit an English professor.

Will Williams

Post by Will Williams » Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:36 am

It will be difficult to beat William Jr. Strunk's classic, The Elements of Style.
The Elements of Style is a prescriptive American English writing style guide in numerous editions. The original was composed by William Strunk Jr. in 1918, and published by Harcourt in 1920, comprising eight "elementary rules of usage", ten "elementary principles of composition", "a few matters of form", a list of 49 "words and expressions commonly misused", and a list of 57 "words often misspelled". E. B. White greatly enlarged and revised the book for publication by Macmillan in 1959. That was the first edition of the so-called "Strunk & White", which Time named in 2011 as one of the 100 best and most influential books written in English since 1923.
If Whites insist on participating in "social media," do so on ours, not (((theirs))). Like us on WhiteBiocentrism.com; follow us on NationalVanguard.org. ᛉ