Gaslight

Will Williams

Gaslight

Post by Will Williams » Fri May 03, 2019 7:36 am

Gaslight - noun, a form of illumination in use prior to the invention of the electric lightbulb, sometimes using oil derived from whale blubber as fuel. Gas lanterns in use today are incandescent lights. They burn fuels like propane, white gas or kerosene...
---

I tend to take things literally. A gaslight is a gaslight. But today people use the word differently, apparently to describe abusive behavior, specifically when an abuser manipulates information in such a way as to make a victim question his or her sanity. If that's the case, there is a lot of gaslighting going around today, mostly coming from controlled mass media.
Here's more background on the current, wide use of this term "gaslighting":

---

The term “gaslight treatment” was coined by a classic 1944 movie starring Ingrid Bergman. In it, Bergman’s character is gradually made to think that she’s going mad. Her new husband moves household items, makes the sound of footsteps in the attic (which he claims not to hear), and alters the brightness of the gaslights on the first floor, all to make his wife believe that she is losing touch with reality.

When applied to a family, the gaslight treatment is a special form of dysfunction. It happens when you, a child, receive messages or encounter experiences within the family which are deeply contradictory. Messages which are opposing and conflicting; experiences which can’t both be true. When you can’t make sense of something...Of the endless number of psychological factors that can plague a person throughout his life
...https://blogs.psychcentral.com/childhoo ... -gaslight/
If Whites insist on participating in "social media," do so on ours, not (((theirs))). Like us on WhiteBiocentrism.com; follow us on NationalVanguard.org. ᛉ

Colin

Re: Gaslight

Post by Colin » Fri May 03, 2019 5:17 pm

I understand what you are saying about words and their meaning. Instead of coming up with new words they just corrupt ones we already know. I remember when gay was a nice word.

Will Williams

Re: Gaslight

Post by Will Williams » Fri May 03, 2019 7:17 pm

Colin wrote:I understand what you are saying about words and their meaning. Instead of coming up with new words they just corrupt ones we already know. I remember when gay was a nice word.
Yes, gay meant happy back before rainbows were co-opted by the third sex. Queer still means peculiar. Nothing is happy about fellatio and anal sex between men. That's still downright peculiar behavior to most normal people.

Another one is dog whistle. I know exactly what a dog whistle is:

But now a dog whistle is an innocent political term like Make America Great Again, supposedly code language to certain people -- closeted White ,racially conscious Trump supporters -- that really means Make America White Again. :lol: Why not simply own your words, say what you mean instead of using silly code words?

Who needs dog whistles except dog trainers?
If Whites insist on participating in "social media," do so on ours, not (((theirs))). Like us on WhiteBiocentrism.com; follow us on NationalVanguard.org. ᛉ