Trope

Will Williams

Trope

Post by Will Williams » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:19 am

Lots of new words entering our lexicon, mostly from the Left or from the so-called alt-right. Personally, I'll not be using these clever new words when a word in standard English is better, less confusing. Is a trope a truism or is it a platitude? How can it be both? Or is it something to do with a Mass sung in the Middle Ages? :lol: Merriam-Webster has this to say about trope:

Trope - noun \ ˈtrōp \

Definition of trope
1a : a word or expression used in a figurative sense : FIGURE OF SPEECH
b : a common or overused theme or device : CLICH the usual horror movie tropes
2 : a phrase or verse added as an embellishment or interpolation to the sung parts of the Mass in the Middle Ages

Synonyms: banality, bromide, chestnut, cliché (also cliche), commonplace, groaner, homily, platitude, shibboleth, truism

Recent Examples on the Web
The show aims to turn romantic comedy tropes on their heads, reminding viewers at every turn that Joe's relationship with Guinevere Beck is anything but healthy.
— Claire Dodson, Teen Vogue, "Penn Badgley Reminds Fans His "You" Character Joe Goldberg Is the Worst," 9 Jan. 2019
This false equivalence between Nazis and Israel is a trope on the left, where anti-Zionism and anti-Semitism elide.
— The Editorial Board, WSJ, "Education and Anti-Semitism," 28 Nov. 2018
These example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word 'trope.' Views expressed in the examples do not represent the opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors. Send us feedback.

History and Etymology for trope
Latin tropus, from Greek tropos turn, way, manner, style, trope, from trepein to turn
If Whites insist on participating in "social media," do so on ours, not (((theirs))). Like us on WhiteBiocentrism.com; follow us on NationalVanguard.org. ᛉ

Jim Mathias

Re: Trope

Post by Jim Mathias » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:25 pm

It seems to me that presstitutes and their Jewish handlers like it for the smugness of rare intellect the word seems to confer (since few have it in their personal vocabularies) although their 'intellect' is rather overstated. The idea seems to be to deceive the rubes into thinking that Jewish thoughts, opinions, and whatever else they're yammering about will carry more weight by the clever use of this and other words.

If it seems useful to use the word, then I'd use it. One use is to point out the "tropes" Jews/their lackeys use to define us to their own followers. Words such as "hate," "white supremacist," and "nazi" come to mind here as words/concepts we do not identify ourselves as but they do in order to marginalize and then dehumanize us.

Now because I take a particular enjoyment in adding new words to my own vocabulary doesn't mean anyone else needs to do so. For those of us who want to assist in instilling a deep feeling of need and want for Whites to correct our path in life as a people and get on the conscious path to the Creator's purpose, I agree with you that it's best to use what you're comfortable with.
Activism materials available! ===> Contact me via PM to obtain quantities of the "Send Them Back", "NA Health Warning #1 +#2+#3" stickers, and any fliers listed in the Alliance website's flier webpage.