Media

Will Williams

Media

Post by Will Williams » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:05 pm

Media is the plural form of medium. Fact!
---
me·di·a /ˈmēdēə/ - noun
1.the main means of mass communication (broadcasting, publishing, and the Internet) regarded collectively.
"their demands were publicized by the media"
2.plural form of medium.
---

It's discouraging to see so many people these days, especially those media "professionals" who should know better, misuse the plural form media as if it is singular. It didn't used to bother me until Dr. Pierce, who appreciated and practiced correct usage of the English language, pointed it out to me as one of his pet peeves. Now my ear is fine tuned to the word's use and misuse, particularly when the singular verb in a sentence does not agree with its antecedent plural subject, like below where the incorrect verb is capitalized for emphasis, then used in other media publications in advertisements without correction.

In the text of that ad for The American Free Press Trump's tweet would be more impressive had he typed: "The FAKE news media...are not my enemy, they are the enemy of the people." He would have been even more impressive had he tweeted, "Jew-controlled media are not my enemy...they are the enemy of the people." :lol:

If Whites insist on participating in "social media," do so on ours, not (((theirs))). Like us on WhiteBiocentrism.com; follow us on NationalVanguard.org. ᛉ

Colin

Re: Media

Post by Colin » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:40 pm

Will, you can't expect him to come out against the jews, when he gave his daughter to them.

Will Williams

Post by Will Williams » Wed May 01, 2019 9:11 am

Colin wrote:Will, you can't expect him to come out against the jews, when he gave his daughter to them.
I don't expect the yarmulke-wearing POTUS to tweet that Jews control the news and entertainment industry and so much more, but it would certainly be impressive if he were to blurt out that fact openly like that to his millions of "followers." It would also be the end of his presidency and probably his life.

I liked that the smart, talented, if misguided young shooter in San Diego the other day exposed Trump for the shabbos goy he is in that manifesto of his. Too bad he has it all wrong about Jesus and Christinsanity being "the answer." I wish he had discovered natall.com and Cosmotheism and channeled his frustration into positive activism instead of throwing away his life and giving aid and comfort to the gun-grabbing Yids. Many people can't access natall.com because of blocking software "bundled" on so many computers in schools, libraries, etc. People can't purchase books at our online bookstore with credit cards because of Jewish pressure on credit card processing service providers. We have to break through the virtual wall between us and our people, put there by the enemy!

Our people should be listening constantly to our Power of Truth CDs where Dr. Pierce reinforces our ideology. That's what I do. Unfortunately https://cosmotheistchurch.org/product-category/cds/ is the only place they are available, and can only be purchased using cryptocurrency or orders by regular mail. Almost everyone these days shops online using credit cards. Our people need to promote our book store everywhere they can on other sympathetic forums, podcasts, blogs, social media, etc., even print media. That's the new activism for reaching young people that's not covered in the old pre-Internet National Alliance Membership Handbook!
If Whites insist on participating in "social media," do so on ours, not (((theirs))). Like us on WhiteBiocentrism.com; follow us on NationalVanguard.org. ᛉ

Wade Hampton III

Post by Wade Hampton III » Wed May 01, 2019 1:30 pm

Will Williams wrote: Wade, how 'bout teaching me how to make ridiculously large images like this one normal sized.
Hello Captain Will. Here is your image reduced down from a cumbersome 1.3Mb to
a more manageable 103Kb.
61165(a).jpg
61165(a).jpg (105.86 KiB) Viewed 13317 times
However, it would be rather difficult to explain how I did this in e-mails which could
possibly run into dozens of exchanges, which would probably result in a vast consumption
of your valuable time. The quick and easy (and permanent) method would be for me to
telephone you at the National Office while you are before your computer and walk you
thru it in a sequence that would probably take less than half an hour. I have a day off
tomorrow. I have a dental appointment tomorrow at 1:00 PM tomorrow in downtown
Columbia (SC) and have to do a few other things downtown as well. After that, I will
be free the rest of that afternoon, and the evening as well. Pick a time that that is
convenient for you, and we can do it then. My personal guarantee. You'll be doing it
just like a pro in just a few brief minutes! :)

Will Williams

Post by Will Williams » Wed May 01, 2019 6:17 pm

Wade Hampton III wrote:
Will Williams wrote: Wade, how 'bout teaching me how to make ridiculously large images like this one normal sized.
Hello Captain Will. Here is your image reduced down from a cumbersome 1.3Mb to
a more manageable 103Kb.
61165(a).jpg
However, it would be rather difficult to explain how I did this in e-mails which could
possibly run into dozens of exchanges, which would probably result in a vast consumption
of your valuable time. The quick and easy (and permanent) method would be for me to
telephone you at the National Office while you are before your computer and walk you
thru it in a sequence that would probably take less than half an hour. I have a day off
tomorrow. I have a dental appointment tomorrow at 1:00 PM tomorrow in downtown
Columbia (SC) and have to do a few other things downtown as well. After that, I will
be free the rest of that afternoon, and the evening as well. Pick a time that that is
convenient for you, and we can do it then. My personal guarantee. You'll be doing it
just like a pro in just a few brief minutes! :)
Thanks, Wade. I resized it by "copying your image address." I'll try to be around tomorrow afternoon but can't make any promises that I'll be here with so much coming up all the time.

Wade Hampton III

Post by Wade Hampton III » Thu May 02, 2019 2:13 am

Will Williams wrote: Thanks, Wade. I resized it by "copying your image address." I'll try to be around tomorrow afternoon but can't make any promises that I'll be here with so much coming up all the time.
No problem. I have the whole day (and evening) off tomorrow. If I don't catch you,
Mrs. Will might give me a good idea when to ring back...

Robert Burns

Post by Robert Burns » Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:53 pm

Another one is "data". The singular is "datum", which you almost never see used in any context. In fact, I don't think I ever saw it written out until I looked it up upon learning about media vs medium here. It just sounds weird to say "data are", but it is the grammatically correct way to use it.

fluxmaster

Post by fluxmaster » Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:26 am

Another one is criteria (plural), criterion (singular). Opera was originally plural (singular opus) but is now correctly used as a singular.

Will Williams

Post by Will Williams » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:21 pm

fluxmaster wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:26 am
Another one is criteria (plural), criterion (singular). Opera was originally plural (singular opus) but is now correctly used as a singular.
Interesting. But back to the word media being the plural of medium.

NA's National Office received its May issue of The Freedom Times, a nationalist tabloid published since 1985 that styles itself the "Voice of Real America."

The front cover fetures a full-page cartoon of the little Jew president of Ukraine, Zelinsky, dragging the world into WWIII. The caption reads, "The corporate media always portrays Washington's foes as motivated only by evil, battling against the forces of pure goodness..."

I would prefer "The Jew-controlled media portray..." Media don't portrays. :D

Each issue of TFT has facts worth noting, but it features regularly a Jewish writer, which I skip, and this month I notice Paul Craig Roberts, the conservative, former official in the Reagan administration, is comparing America's Democrat Party to Third Reich "Nazis" 80 years ago because the latter would silence their opponents like the former do today. What a nonsensical comparison.