Woke?

Will Williams

Woke?

Post by Will Williams » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:17 pm

I don't pretend to be an English grammar scholar, but I know bad English when I hear it and "woke" is bad English, like Negroidal Ebonics, or something. I refuse to use "woke" or even to acknowledge its use, thanks.

Seems I'm right. Found this: Despite the recent spike in its usage, ‘woke’ is not a new word. It was first used in the 1940s and was created as a political term by black Americans. It means to be awake to issues of social justice and racial justice.

I axe you, what self-respecting White person would talk like a street nigger?
---

FULL CONJUGATION OF "TO AWAKEN"

Indicative
Present
I awaken
you awaken
he/she/it awakens
we awaken
you awaken
they awaken

Present continuous

I am awakening
you are awakening
he/she/it is awakening
we are awakening
you are awakening
they are awakening

Simple past
I awakened
you awakened
he/she/it awakened
we awakened
you awakened
they awakened

Past continuous
I was awakening
you were awakening
he/she/it was awakening
we were awakening
you were awakening
they were awakening

Present perfect
I have awakened
you have awakened
he/she/it has awakened
we have awakened
you have awakened
they have awakened

Present perfect continuous
I have been awakening
you have been awakening
he/she/it has been awakening
we have been awakening
you have been awakening
they have been awakening

Past perfect
I had awakened
you had awakened
he/she/it had awakened
we had awakened
you had awakened
they had awakened

Past perfect continuous
I had been awakening
you had been awakening
he/she/it had been awakening
we had been awakening
you had been awakening
they had been awakening

Future
I will awaken
you will awaken
he/she/it will awaken
we will awaken
youwill awaken
they will awaken

Future continuous
I will be awakening
you will be awakening
he/she/it will be awakening
we will be awakening
you will be awakening
they will be awakening

Future perfect
I will have awakened
you will have awakened
he/she/it will have awakened
we will have awakened
you will have awakened
they will have awakened

Future perfect continuous
I will have been awakening
you will have been awakening
he/she/it will have been awakening
we will have been awakening
you will have been awakening
they will have been awakening

Conditional
Conditional present
I would awaken
you would awaken
he/she/it would awaken
we would awaken
you would awaken
they would awaken

Conditional present progressive
I would be awakening
you would be awakening
he/she/it would be awakening
we would be awakening
you would be awakening
they would be awakening

Conditional perfect
I would have awakened
you would have awakened
he/she/it would have awakened
we would have awakened
you would have awakened
they would have awakened

Conditional perfect progressive
I would have been awakening
you would have been awakening
he/she/it would have been awakening
we would have been awakening
you would have been awakening
they would have been awakening

Subjunctive
Present subjunctive

I awaken
you awaken
he/she/it awaken
we awaken
you awaken
they awaken

Past subjunctive
I awakened
you awakened
he/she/it awakened
we awakened
you awakened
they awakened

Past perfect subjunctive
I had awakened
you had awakened
he/she/it had awakened
we had awakened
you had awakened
they had awakened

Imperative
Imperative

you awaken
we awaken

Participle
Present participle

awakening

Past participle
awakened
If Whites insist on participating in "social media," do so on ours, not (((theirs))). Like us on WhiteBiocentrism.com; follow us on NationalVanguard.org. ᛉ

bwhelan91

Re: Woke?

Post by bwhelan91 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:05 pm

:lol: :lol:

Will Williams

Post by Will Williams » Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:02 pm

Bump! It's hard to believe how many Whites, even those racially conscious ones who are supposedly on our side, keep speaking ebonicly, repeating this "woke" nonsense. Do they also wear baggy pants hanging off their butts, backward baseball caps, and weave their hair into rows of corn? :lol:

Will Williams wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:17 pm
I don't pretend to be an English grammar scholar, but I know bad English when I hear it and "woke" is bad English, like Negroidal Ebonics, or something. I refuse to use "woke" or even to acknowledge its use, thanks.

Seems I'm right. Found this: Despite the recent spike in its usage, ‘woke’ is not a new word. It was first used in the 1940s and was created as a political term by black Americans. It means to be awake to issues of social justice and racial justice.

---
If Whites insist on participating in "social media," do so on ours, not (((theirs))). Like us on WhiteBiocentrism.com; follow us on NationalVanguard.org. ᛉ

Will Williams

Post by Will Williams » Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:17 pm

Bump again.

I keep seeing supposedly racial conscious Whites still speaking ebonically. It must be difficult for them, even racial separatists, to simply say "Politically Correct" instead.

---
Will Williams wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:02 pm
[...]
Despite the recent spike in its usage, ‘woke’ is not a new word. It was first used in the 1940s and was created as a political term by black Americans. It means to be awake to issues of social justice and racial justice.

---

MartinLFletcher

Post by MartinLFletcher » Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:21 pm

A problem with slang generally is that it is constantly changing. What today may be current in a year or two will make the speaker sound like an idiot. Right, Daddy-O?

Agent_of_the_Avalanche

Post by Agent_of_the_Avalanche » Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:27 pm

Will Williams wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:17 pm
Bump again.

I keep seeing supposedly racial conscious Whites still speaking ebonically. It must be difficult for them, even racial separatists, to simply say "Politically Correct" instead.
I concur, sir.

We, the Biologically Correct, should avoid adopting the lexicon of the Politically Correct, lest we suffer a similar fate: sounding stupid.

Will Williams

Post by Will Williams » Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:05 pm

MartinLFletcher wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:21 pm
A problem with slang generally is that it is constantly changing. What today may be current in a year or two will make the speaker sound like an idiot. Right, Daddy-O?

So, you have hope that White idiots using Negro slang will be done with it in a year or so? I don't believe it. Self respecting Whites need to stop talking and writing like descendants of their former ancestors' slaves now, not later.

I don't usually trust Wikipedia, but WikiJews are probably correct that this alleged slang word has been around for more than 80 years now.

---

In some varieties of African-American English, woke is used in place of woken, the usual past participle form of wake.[6] This has led to the use of woke as an adjective equivalent to awake, which has become mainstream in the United States.[6][7] To "stay woke" can express the intensified continuative and habitual grammatical aspect of African American Vernacular English (functioning like habitual be), in essence to always be awake, or to be ever vigilant.[8][improper synthesis?]

Black American folk singer-songwriter Huddie Ledbetter, a.k.a. Lead Belly, uses the phrase near the end of a 1938 recording of his song "Scottsboro Boys", which tells the story of nine black teenagers accused of raping two white women, saying: "I advise everybody, be a little careful when they go along through there – best stay woke, keep their eyes open."[4][9] Aja Romano writes at Vox that this represents "Black Americans' need to be aware of racially motivated threats and the potential dangers of white America".[4] In 1942, J. Saunders Redding reported a comment from an African American United Mine Workers official who said, "Let me tell you buddy. Waking up is a damn sight harder than going to sleep, but we'll stay woke up longer."[10]

By the mid-20th century, woke had come to mean "well-informed" or "aware",[11] especially in a political or cultural sense.[6] The Oxford English Dictionary traces the earliest such usage to a 1962 New York Times Magazine article titled "If You're Woke You Dig It" by African-American novelist William Melvin Kelley, describing the appropriation of Black slang by white beatniks.[6]

Woke had gained more political connotations by 1971 when the play Garvey Lives! by Barry Beckham included the line: "I been sleeping all my life. And now that Mr. Garvey done woke me up, I'm gon' stay woke. And I'm gon help him wake up other black folk."[12][13] Marcus Garvey had himself exhorted his early 20th century audiences, "Wake up Ethiopia! Wake up Africa!"[5] Romano describes this as "a call to global Black citizens to become more socially and politically conscious".[4]

2000s and early 2010s, #Staywoke hashtag
Through the 2000s and early 2010s, woke was used either as a term for not literally falling asleep, or as slang for one's suspicions of being cheated on by a romantic partner.[4] In November 2016, the singer Childish Gambino released the song "Redbone", which used the term stay woke in reference to infidelity.[14] In the 21st century's first decade, the use of woke encompassed the earlier meaning with an added sense of being "alert to social and/or racial discrimination and injustice".[6]

"Master Teacher", a 2008 song by the American singer Erykah Badu (pictured in 2012) included the term stay woke.
This usage was popularized by soul singer Erykah Badu's 2008 song "Master Teacher",[7][11] via the song's refrain, "I stay woke".[12] Merriam-Webster defines the expression stay woke in Badu's song as meaning, "self-aware, questioning the dominant paradigm and striving for something better"; and, although within the context of the song, it did not yet have a specific connection to justice issues, Merriam-Webster credits the phrase's use in the song with its later connection to these issues.[7][15]

Songwriter Georgia Anne Muldrow, who composed "Master Teacher" in 2005, told Okayplayer news and culture editor Elijah Watson that while she was studying jazz at New York University, she learned the invocation Stay woke from Harlem alto saxophonist Lakecia Benjamin, who used the expression in the meaning of trying to "stay woke" because of tiredness or boredom, "talking about how she was trying to stay up – like literally not pass out". In homage, Muldrow wrote stay woke in marker on a T-shirt, which over time became suggestive of engaging in the process of the search for herself (as distinct from, for example, merely personal productivity).[16]

"#StayWoke" hashtag on a placard during a December 2015 protest in Minneapolis
According to The Economist, as the term woke and the #Staywoke hashtag began to spread online, the term "began to signify a progressive outlook on a host of issues as well as on race".[17] In a tweet mentioning the Russian feminist rock group Pussy Riot, whose members had been imprisoned in 2012,[18][19] Badu wrote: "Truth requires no belief. Stay woke. Watch closely. #FreePussyRiot".[20][21][22] This has been cited by Know Your Meme as one of the first examples of the #Staywoke hashtag.[23]

2010s: Black Lives Matter

A 2015 protest in St. Paul by Black Lives Matter supporters against police brutality
Following the shooting of Michael Brown in 2014, The phrase stay woke was used by activists of the Black Lives Matter (BLM) movement to urge awareness of police abuses.[4][24][23] The BET documentary Stay Woke, which covered the movement, aired in May 2016.[25] Within the decade of the 2010s, the word woke (the colloquial, passively voiced past participle of wake) obtained the meaning 'politically and socially aware'[26] among BLM activists

MartinLFletcher

Post by MartinLFletcher » Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:10 pm

Will Williams wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:05 pm
MartinLFletcher wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:21 pm

So, you have hope that White idiots using Negro slang will be done with it in a year or so? I don't believe it. Self respecting Whites need to stop talking and writing like descendants of their former ancestors' slaves now, not later.

Not at all. I have acquaintance of a number of people who still use popular slang from their teenage years, despite being in their fifties. It's embarrassing. I used to do this myself until a few years ago, when I noticed what I was doing and broke myself of the habit. The point I was hoping to make is that using slang, in general, makes the speaker look foolish. It's definitely something we should encourage Whites not to do, especially when it's negro slang.

Victor Arminius

Post by Victor Arminius » Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:21 am

No leftist can ever be truly "Woke" because his ideology is merely an intensification of the system's dogma. The truly awakened among us are those who know the system is terminal and that we need to change the way we think, to judge everything as to whether it is beneficial or detrimental to the racial community for it is out of this community that a free and independent white Ethno-State may someday arise. We are not here to save the United States. To the incurable, one should not try to be a physician! We are here to save a portion of our race, those who are still racially conscious and politically sane, for they are the bedrock upon which a future White Ethno-State will be built!

FolkishFreya

Post by FolkishFreya » Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:49 am

It is important to break poor speech habits. There are a number of poor speech habits being taught to children in the public school system. For instance there is a teacher who openly rejects proper grammar. How can a child make it today? I will post the link below.

https://readlion.com/2022/12/29/teachin ... -teachers/

It is becoming a terrible trend that these leftist teachers are poisoning young minds.
-Freya
LOYAL TO THE CAUSE