the America I grew up in

PhuBai68

the America I grew up in

Post by PhuBai68 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:42 pm

I was sent this video clip, never mind the music, in an email this morning.
You'll notice that there is not one Negro, head, oriental, Mexican, Central/South American or "whatever" mystery meat shown at all throughout the whole "1950's life" video.
When I "try" to explain the America I grew up in people today just don't "get it" - they can't understand because they never experienced it.

https://1funny.com/fond-memories-of-the ... Newsletter
It's not diversity, it's displacement.

Grimork

Re: the America I grew up in

Post by Grimork » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:21 pm

Nope, don't know what living without "minorities" is like PhuBai, but it sure looks nice. Granted, these are highlights and people in the 50s weren't quite this carefree, surely?

PhuBai68

Re: the America I grew up in

Post by PhuBai68 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:48 am

Granted, these are highlights and people in the 50s weren't quite this carefree, surely?
Of course there were the everyday problems for the adults - getting up, going to work, paying bills, etc.

Me, as a kid growing up only knew other white kids.
As an adult, I can't remember exactly "when" I saw/encountered west Asian Indians but it was behind the counter of a quickie mart in New Jersey.
After that they seemed to be everywhere ••• gas stations, liquor stores, motels, quickie marts everywhere!

I had sent that link in an email to some friends, w/o doxxing myself, here's part of my email along with an answer from my cousin •••

It's like you don't know that you're living in "the good old days" until they're gone.
The America I grew up in was all white, yeah the nigs had their sections but you never really saw them.
In Virginia it was still the segregated south, Trailways and Greyhound bus stations had bathrooms for "Whites" and "Coloreds".
No nigs in our school obviously.
There weren't any •Indians, browns, Orientals anywhere ---
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Too bad them days are gone WE are the minority and the media never quits rubbing our noses in it either does the government or trying to import more obnoxious race people. The good old days are gone but not forgotten.
It's not diversity, it's displacement.