Autumnal Equinox

Will Williams

Autumnal Equinox

Post by Will Williams » Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:23 am

It's that time of year again when we can celebrate the changing of the seasons as our European ancestors did.

The Autumnal equinox occurs on Thursday (Sept. 22), at which time the sun will be directly over Earth's equator. This means everyone across the globe gets a day and night lasting approximately 12 hours each.

For the Northern Hemisphere, the September equinox marks the first day of autumn. On the other side of the equator, the Southern Hemisphere, the Autumnal equinox marks the onset of spring.

On the day of the equinox observers all over the the globe will see the sun rise from the direction of due east and set in the direction of due west.
If Whites insist on participating in "social media," do so on ours, not (((theirs))). Like us on WhiteBiocentrism.com; follow us on NationalVanguard.org. ᛉ

FolkishFreya

Re: Autumnal Equinox

Post by FolkishFreya » Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:01 pm

I am so happy to have the cooler weather and PUMPKINS! 🎃
-Freya
LOYAL TO THE CAUSE

Robert Burns

Post by Robert Burns » Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:32 pm

How are we supposed to celebrate it?

White Man 1

Post by White Man 1 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:58 pm

The traditional ways of celebrating the Equinox have over time morped into a lot of different events and customs. "Harvest" festivals are a common event we may all be familiar with. The underlying tone of these events is the dying of the year, the receding light and advancing darkness, reminding us to prepare for the long winter.

Although there is no dogma for Cosmotheists at this time for celebrating the Equinox, I would recommend that it be remembered and celebrated by bonfires, reading our ancestral myths about the Equinox, such as that of Persephone and Demeter, and spending time to prepare your home and family for the winter to come.

RCavallius

Post by RCavallius » Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:05 pm

White Man 1 wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:58 pm
The traditional ways of celebrating the Equinox have over time morped into a lot of different events and customs. "Harvest" festivals are a common event we may all be familiar with. The underlying tone of these events is the dying of the year, the receding light and advancing darkness, reminding us to prepare for the long winter.

Although there is no dogma for Cosmotheists at this time for celebrating the Equinox, I would recommend that it be remembered and celebrated by bonfires, reading our ancestral myths about the Equinox, such as that of Persephone and Demeter, and spending time to prepare your home and family for the winter to come.
Good call!
H0216

Will Williams

Post by Will Williams » Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:47 pm

Riley wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:32 pm

You'll figure it out. Here in Upper East Tennessee we enjoy four distinct seasons in our mountains. Enjoy them and enjoy what they bring. You might enjoy a liesure bike ride on the Creeper Trail, 17 miles long from White Top to Damascus, mostly downhill, or a hike over to Backbone Rock or Gentry Falls here near Laurel Bloomery. We might have a bonfire on a brisk evening, like WM1 suggests.
If Whites insist on participating in "social media," do so on ours, not (((theirs))). Like us on WhiteBiocentrism.com; follow us on NationalVanguard.org. ᛉ

Jim Mathias

Post by Jim Mathias » Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:23 am

Will Williams wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:47 pm
Riley wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:32 pm

You'll figure it out. Here in Upper East Tennessee we enjoy four distinct seasons in our mountains. Enjoy them and enjoy what they bring. You might enjoy a liesure bike ride on the Creeper Trail, 17 miles long from White Top to Damascus, mostly downhill, or a hike over to Backbone Rock or Gentry Falls here near Laurel Bloomery. We might have a bonfire on a brisk evening, like WM1 suggests.
The brisk evenings are here already, it's getting down into the 40s overnight. Our usual first frost shows up in the first half of October and a farmer I know is already getting crops out of the field and expects to do that through the next month. I think he'll have to hurry as it has been a relatively cool summer and I expect a colder than usual fall.

I've got a bunch of brush and other wood I wouldn't use for house heating to burn for Samhain's bonfire.
Activism materials available! ===> Contact me via PM to obtain quantities of the "Send Them Back", "NA Health Warning #1 +#2+#3" stickers, and any fliers listed in the Alliance website's flier webpage.

FolkishFreya

Post by FolkishFreya » Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:18 pm

I enjoy the changes in food availability for the autumn season such as hard squash and a wide variety of apples. I've made apple butter and different kinds of hard squash dishes. I'd like to take a stab at food preservation some day.

When it's colder I opt for indoor activities like crocheting scarves and hats or sewing. It gives me ample time to mend clothes or create more clothes.
-Freya
LOYAL TO THE CAUSE