REVOLT AGAINST THE MODERN WORLD

John Calhoun

REVOLT AGAINST THE MODERN WORLD

Post by John Calhoun » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:36 am

Revolt Against The Modern World was written by Sicilian Baron, Julius Evola. It was listed in the old NatVan Books catalogue. For me, this was a simultaneously profound, spiritual, and in some cases, hopelessly, romantic view of the world. In it, Evola postulates that Whites came from a Polar Homeland, possibly in Greenland and that we were originally a semi-divine race. He takes his evidence, the religious traditions from around the world (especially those of Aryan or semi-Aryan extraction.

Further in his scheme is the idea of Aryans practicing a Solar-Masculine spirituality while darker skinned races practiced Lunar-Feminine religions. In between, the traditions got mixed as the various races came into contact. Concomitant to these ideas is the cycle of decay which Evola takes from Greek, Vedic, and other texts. This idea of cycles of birth, death, and rebirth are labeled; The Golden Age, The Silver Age, The Bronze Age, and The Iron Age. Within each of these ages, we see the mantle of leadership go from the Priest-King to the Warrior Aristocrats, from the Warrior Aristocrats to the Middle-Class Merchants and from them to the Lower-Class Laborers. Each age, beginning, after the Golden Age is marked by spiritual, moral, and societal decay.

The Iron Age, or Kali Yuga as it is known in Sanskrit, is of special interest to us in the present. It is according to the Baron that the Kali Yuga is the current order that we find ourselves in. This age is marked by egalitarianism, democracy, and complete dissolution. According to Evola, the best one can do in the current age is to prepare the way for a new Golden Age when the restoration of the proper society begins.

This, however, does not do such an all encompassing book justice. Other ideas such as involution, as opposed to Darwinian Evolution, and his theory of Metaphysical Objectivism cannot be covered in their entirety here. The best that one can do is to read this book for themselves and get lost in the world that Evola extrapolates from the one that we find around us. His view of the universe is essentially Occultic (used in the sense of hidden knowledge) and spiritual. Reading Evola, one may disagree with him but cannot say that they haven't been influenced by him, such is the power of his work.

http://www.amazon.com/Revolt-Against-Mo ... dern+world

C.E. Whiteoak

Re: REVOLT AGAINST THE MODERN WORLD

Post by C.E. Whiteoak » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:21 am

Very interesting, JC. I have not read Mr. Evola's book, but it is now on my list.

Alexander Noble

Post by Alexander Noble » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:35 pm

Evola's works are on my to-read list, along with a million others that will probably be on there permanently. I've read some summaries of his work, along with others. I think it cases like these one must work to extract what is true, what is accurate, what is possible, and what works from the rest. One can then allow the rest to be philosophical framework or of historical background interest. I try not to commit the sin of presentism in cases like these, so I don't know for certain, maybe the Greenland origin story made some kind of sense in Evola's time and framework. I'll have to crack the books open and decide.

John Calhoun

Post by John Calhoun » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:51 pm

I don't accept Evola's entire system. There exist problems such as involution as opposed to evolution and spiritual race as opposed to genetic race (although there have been arguments back and forth on this one). The value of the Baron's work lies in elucidating the race soul of Aryan man. He also reveals those of congoids and Jews in a meaningful way and how they oppose the Solar-Masculinity of the White Race. Also, he reveals the meaning of symbols, myths, and initiatory ceremonies which is of paramount importance in reaching people on a deeper level than solely an intellectual one.
Alexander Noble wrote:Evola's works are on my to-read list, along with a million others that will probably be on there permanently. I've read some summaries of his work, along with others. I think it cases like these one must work to extract what is true, what is accurate, what is possible, and what works from the rest. One can then allow the rest to be philosophical framework or of historical background interest. I try not to commit the sin of presentism in cases like these, so I don't know for certain, maybe the Greenland origin story made some kind of sense in Evola's time and framework. I'll have to crack the books open and decide.
As with anything else, his works must be integrated into a larger framework carefully. Many are useful while some are potentially harmful.
C.E. Whiteoak wrote:Very interesting, JC. I have not read Mr. Evola's book, but it is now on my list.
I highly recommend it!