How do I setup an NA radio station in my area?

JohnUbele

Re: How do I setup an NA radio station in my area?

Post by JohnUbele » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:44 am

Getting a Technician Class license may be useful:

http://www.arrl.org/getting-your-technician-license

JohnUbele

Post by JohnUbele » Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:15 pm

I always thought this was an interesting kit:

FUN WITH THE TUNA TIN II
https://qsl.net/ve7sl/tuna.html

Jim Mathias

Post by Jim Mathias » Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:46 pm

To keep an activist from running afoul of the regulations of the Federal Communications Commission of the United States and the hefty fines that could be imposed for violations, be mindful of what those regulations are: https://www.fcc.gov/media/radio/low-pow ... nformation

Take note of this as well: https://docs.fcc.gov/public/attachments ... 7510A1.pdf
The Alliance's policy is to keep our activities legal, although thinking outside the box is certainly welcomed.
Activism materials available! ===> Contact me via PM to obtain quantities of the "Send Them Back", "NA Health Warning #1 +#2+#3" stickers, and any fliers listed in the Alliance website's flier webpage.

Thomas S NJ

Post by Thomas S NJ » Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:49 am

I have had a few radio kits over the years as well. I always enjoyed experimenting with them, even before I had an idea of how they worked.

It's still possible to build your own today, though without the guidance of a kit you need a working knowledge of radio. I wish I could convince my brother to help us out; he's an electronics engineer.
H0195

JohnUbele

Post by JohnUbele » Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:28 am

Thomas S NJ wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:49 am
I have had a few radio kits over the years as well. I always enjoyed experimenting with them, even before I had an idea of how they worked.

It's still possible to build your own today, though without the guidance of a kit you need a working knowledge of radio. I wish I could convince my brother to help us out; he's an electronics engineer.

I think it's still worthwhile for people to learn about amateur radio, even if they don't get a license for it.

The first two license levels (Technician and General) are easy. I took both of those tests in 2009. I have heard the last level for the Extra class license is more difficult though.

Klanton

Post by Klanton » Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:57 pm

I bought a small FM transmitter from Walmart , under $10, it was on the isle with car stereo accessories. I plug it in my iPad and broadcast the NA 24 hr internet radio, I mainly use it to broadcast to my stereo for better sound and I can play it outside in a vehicle also. I would estimate it covers about 2 acres.

Jim Mathias

Post by Jim Mathias » Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:00 pm

Klanton wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:57 pm
I bought a small FM transmitter from Walmart , under $10, it was on the isle with car stereo accessories. I plug it in my iPad and broadcast the NA 24 hr internet radio, I mainly use it to broadcast to my stereo for better sound and I can play it outside in a vehicle also. I would estimate it covers about 2 acres.
Kudos for taking the initiative!
Activism materials available! ===> Contact me via PM to obtain quantities of the "Send Them Back", "NA Health Warning #1 +#2+#3" stickers, and any fliers listed in the Alliance website's flier webpage.