White activism in the news Apr-Oct 2019

Jim Mathias

Re: White activism at Roseville MI in the news

Post by Jim Mathias » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:08 am

https://www.metrotimes.com/news-hits/ar ... ts-suburbs
White nationalist propaganda cropping up in Detroit and its suburbs
Posted By Steve Neavling on Tue, Aug 20, 2019 at 3:39 PM

Propaganda for a white supremacist group is increasingly appearing in Detroit and its suburbs.

In the past week, propaganda for Patriot Front has been found on light poles in Detroit and Roseville. Already this year, the Anti-Defamation League has documented Patriot Front fliers found in Lansing, Ferndale, Dearborn, Southfield, St. Clair Shores, Mt. Clemens, and Mt. Pleasant.

The Anti-Defamation League and the Southern Poverty Law Center, both of which monitor hate groups, identify Patriot Front as a white nationalist group that advocates the formation of a white enthnostate. The group was formed by Thomas Rousseau, one of the leaders of the violent “Unite the Right” rally in Charlottesville, Va., in August 2017.

“Patriot Front’s activism typically consists of anonymously posting flyers, dropping banners off buildings or overpasses, or performing miscellaneous acts of public service such as park cleanups," the Southern Poverty Law Center states on its website. "When PF orchestrates protests or public appearances, they are typically tightly choreographed and scripted to maximize propaganda value. Virtually all its activities are undertaken with propaganda value in mind.”

Since January 2019, the Southern Poverty Law Center tracked 49 instances of Patriot Front fliers showing up in Michigan.

Metro Times discovered three Patriot Front stickers posted on light poles along Woodward Avenue in Midtown and along Cass Avenue in the Cass Corridor. One of them read, "Better dead than red." Another read, "REJECT POISON," and included a link to the group's website.

Local resident Collin Keen found two Patriot Front posters on a light pole in the parking lot of a bingo hall on 13 Mile Road near Little Mack Avenue in Roseville. One of the posters stated, "Not Stolen, Conquered," referring to the U.S. The other read, "Keep America American," and encouraged people to call federal authorities on undocumented immigrants.

"When I first saw the flyer I was initially shocked," Keen tells Metro Times. "I’ve heard of many right-wing groups that have used nativist language and images before, but seeing it in person was another story. After the horrific events across the United States and the world, people should be informed about the white nationalists' ideologies and how they can almost be painted in a mainstream light."

He adds, "The flyer with the slogan 'Not Stolen, Conquered' is just another trick that fringe groups use to try and put their terrible ideologies into the mainstream dialogue. It’s important for people to recognize when groups and organizations talk about a return to 'pan-American identities' and 'American identity,' they only want to include white Americans. I think it’s important for the people of metro Detroit to know and understand that these groups at their core want nothing but violence."
A good message
A good message
detroit PF sticker.jpg (56.17 KiB) Viewed 3231 times
Activism materials available! ===> Contact me via PM to obtain quantities of the "Send Them Back", "NA Health Warning #1 +#2+#3" stickers, and any fliers listed in the Alliance website's flier webpage.

Jim Mathias

Re: White activism at Ord NE in the news

Post by Jim Mathias » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:11 am

https://nebraska.tv/news/local/ord-comm ... rsial-sign
Neighbors demand action on racist sign in Ord
by Christopher Stum Thursday, August 15th 2019

ORD, Neb. — A few weeks after a controversial sign was placed in a Central Nebraska neighborhood, community members are demanding the city hold the owner of the sign accountable.

It's a controversial topic that started three weeks ago in the town of Ord, when Jake Bredthauer put a sign in his yard that said, 'Make America White Again.'

"I thought it was a good idea because I think the United States of America is threatened by having all these multitude of other racial people coming into our country," said the signs owner, Jake Bredthauer.

The sign caused neighbors in the small town of Ord to feel uneasy.

"As a mother of biracial children, I find it offensive," said concerned mother, Christine Baker. " It's appalling and it makes me nervous to have my children playing in a community to where racism is obvious and present."

Some of the neighbors we spoke with were so worried they wanted the sign gone.

"We don't subscribe to his views and it upsets me that people might think we do," said neighbor, Connie Brock.

"This type of rhetoric, it is dangerous because you don't know who may take action upon that," added Connie's husband, Guy Brock.

Ord Mayor Dan Petska said because the sign advertises a website, it is illegal for Bredthauer to post the sign.

"The police department did go over there," said the Mayor of Ord, Dan Petska. " We looked up the zoning laws and its illegal to have that type of sign."

However, Bredthauer said he saw things differently.

"Since it's on private property, I think they should let me have it because I'm just trying to exercise my free speech," said Bredthauer.

But after realizing he would be fined if he didn't concede to the law, Bredthauer said he would be taking the sign down.

"I'm not taking it down because it's offensive," said Bredthauer. "I'm taking it down because I'm being forced to take it down and I'll have to try to get a permit I guess ."

Mayor Dan Petska said they are continuing to take all the precautions needed to keep the town safe.

He also encourages the public to call the police if they see something strange going in their community.
Were I in his town I'd remove the website from the sign and keep it right where it is.
Activism materials available! ===> Contact me via PM to obtain quantities of the "Send Them Back", "NA Health Warning #1 +#2+#3" stickers, and any fliers listed in the Alliance website's flier webpage.

Colin

Re: White activism at Ord NE in the news

Post by Colin » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:33 am

Jim Mathias wrote:https://nebraska.tv/news/local/ord-comm ... rsial-sign
Neighbors demand action on racist sign in Ord
by Christopher Stum Thursday, August 15th 2019

ORD, Neb. — A few weeks after a controversial sign was placed in a Central Nebraska neighborhood, community members are demanding the city hold the owner of the sign accountable.

It's a controversial topic that started three weeks ago in the town of Ord, when Jake Bredthauer put a sign in his yard that said, 'Make America White Again.'

"I thought it was a good idea because I think the United States of America is threatened by having all these multitude of other racial people coming into our country," said the signs owner, Jake Bredthauer.

The sign caused neighbors in the small town of Ord to feel uneasy.

"As a mother of biracial children, I find it offensive," said concerned mother, Christine Baker. " It's appalling and it makes me nervous to have my children playing in a community to where racism is obvious and present."

Some of the neighbors we spoke with were so worried they wanted the sign gone.

"We don't subscribe to his views and it upsets me that people might think we do," said neighbor, Connie Brock.

"This type of rhetoric, it is dangerous because you don't know who may take action upon that," added Connie's husband, Guy Brock.

Ord Mayor Dan Petska said because the sign advertises a website, it is illegal for Bredthauer to post the sign.

"The police department did go over there," said the Mayor of Ord, Dan Petska. " We looked up the zoning laws and its illegal to have that type of sign."

However, Bredthauer said he saw things differently.

"Since it's on private property, I think they should let me have it because I'm just trying to exercise my free speech," said Bredthauer.

But after realizing he would be fined if he didn't concede to the law, Bredthauer said he would be taking the sign down.

"I'm not taking it down because it's offensive," said Bredthauer. "I'm taking it down because I'm being forced to take it down and I'll have to try to get a permit I guess ."

Mayor Dan Petska said they are continuing to take all the precautions needed to keep the town safe.

He also encourages the public to call the police if they see something strange going in their community.
Were I in his town I'd remove the website from the sign and keep it right where it is.
I would be taking it to court. First I would document how many Bernie and other political signs are up that have their website listed.

Jim Mathias

Re: White activism at Winnipeg Man in the news

Post by Jim Mathias » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:41 pm

Jim Mathias wrote:https://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/as ... -1.5253800
How an undercover reporter exposed an alleged neo-Nazi in the Canadian military
<snip>
Update: https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/a ... ar-AAGqcEZ
Army reservist fired over alleged links to neo-Nazi group
Ahmar Khan
3 days ago

An army reservist whose alleged links to a neo-Nazi group led to a raid on his rural Manitoba home last week has been fired, according to the Department of National Defence.

Master Cpl. Patrik Mathews, a member of the Winnipeg-based 38 Canadian Brigade Group, "will no longer be a participant in military activities in any form, and will not be returning to work," a military spokesperson wrote in an email to CBC News.

"This action was deemed necessary, considering the seriousness of the allegations and the risk to unit morale and cohesion."

The military and RCMP are investigating his alleged ties to The Base, an organization that promotes hate, for which he is alleged to have recruited. Posters for the group began popping up around Winnipeg in late July.

Mathews requested a release from the Canadian Armed Forces in April, according to the spokesperson. It is not known why. He was with the Forces for eight years, worked as a combat engineer and was trained in the use of explosives.

The RCMP raided Mathews' home in Beausejour, Man. last week and seized multiple firearms. He has not been charged with a crime.

'Favoured recruiting ground'

Mubin Shaikh, a former CSIS analyst and counter-terrorism expert, says he wasn't surprised by Mathews' removal, and says the publicity surrounding the story might have contributed to the decision.

"It's hard to know if the public pressure is what forced the hand of the Canadian Forces in this regard," Shaikh told CBC News.

He says there might be others in the military with similar ideologies.

"The military is a favoured recruiting ground for white supremacists. It's also a place where they've long since talked about obtaining training by joining the military," Shaikh said.

But this case also hands the military an opportunity to weed out extremists.

"The Canadian Armed Forces is going to use to use this as an instance, as an example, as precedent," said Shaikh.

"I can guarantee you that there are soldiers all over the country reading that story and getting the message that, listen, we literally can't be a Canadian and a supporter of Naziism."

Further details about Mathews are covered under the Privacy Act and the military declined further comment.

Jim Mathias

Re: White activism at Burlington VT in the news

Post by Jim Mathias » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:45 pm

https://vtdigger.org/2019/08/28/white-s ... ed-at-uvm/
White supremacist stickers again posted at UVM

By Jacob Dawson

Aug 28 2019 | 11 reader footnotes

White nationalist stickers and posters have once again been placed around the UVM campus, this time coming on the second day of classes.

UVM Police issued a statement Wednesday morning saying they received alerts to the posters from a group called “Patriot Front” on Tuesday and began investigating the most recent incident.

The posters were located around the Davis Center, the student center at UVM. “These stickers showed statements such as ‘Keep America American’ and ‘Better Dead Than Red,’” the police statement said.

The UVM police are still investigating and asking the public’s help. “Anyone with information on these incidents is asked to contact UVM Police at 802-656-3473,” the statement reads.

As of Wednesday afternoon, the sticker attached to the back of a traffic sign near the east entrance to the Davis Center had been removed, but the UVM student newspaper — the Vermont Cynic — was able to capture a picture of it. The Cynic also reported some people had scratched out parts of the poster and filled it in with words of support for undocumented immigrants.

A statement from UVM cites the {discredited} Southern Poverty Law Center’s designation of Patriot Front as “a white nationalist hate group.”

“We denounce its racist ideology and tactics, which deliberately target people of color and run counter to our core values as a University community,” the UVM statement said.

This is not the first time an incident like this has occurred at UVM. In 2018, UVM and Champlain College were plastered with posters reading “It’s okay to be white.” In 2017, the same “It’s okay to be white,” posters were taped to light poles at UVM.
Some Whites are motivated! They understand that sitting on our thumbs is not an option anymore.

Comments available at this site.

Jim Mathias

Re: White activism at Glen Allen VA in the news

Post by Jim Mathias » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:14 am

https://www.nbc12.com/2019/08/27/hate-i ... residents/
'Hate is not welcome in Henrico’: Leaders condemn KKK flyers distributed to residents
Racial Greetings!
Racial Greetings!
Glen Allen Klan flyers.jpg (190.57 KiB) Viewed 3125 times
'Hate is not welcome in Henrico’: Leaders condemn KKK flyers distributed to residents
By NBC12 Newsroom and Karina Bolster | August 27, 2019 at 11:07 AM EDT - Updated August 27 at 8:09 PM

GLEN ALLEN, Va. (WWBT) - Henrico County leaders and the NAACP are condemning flyers promoting the Confederate Knights of the Ku Klux Klan that were distributed at homes in Glen Allen over the weekend.

The flyers were found Sunday morning by residents of Bluebell Court and the surrounding area off Mountain Road.

“Imagine waking up on a Sunday morning and going to pick up your newspaper and the first thing you see is a zip-lock baggie and you open it up and it has this hate-filled message in it,” said Henrico County Manager John Vithoulkas. “No one should experience that.”

“We came home from vacation and my neighbor across the street, he said did you get your gift?” said Caroline Scarborough, of Glen Allen. “I said what gift, because he got our mail for us, and he said look in your yard. We picked it up and it was like a bag of rocks, like a recruitment thing."

County leaders said the flyers were placed at the mailboxes or in the driveways of approximately 100 homes in the area.

"I didn't read all of it, because I just threw it away,” Scarborough said. “I didn't even want it in my house."

The recruitment flyers for the Confederate Knights of the Ku Klux Klan are filled with racist and anti-Semitic propaganda.

“Hate is not welcome in Henrico County,” Vithoulkas said. “It will not be tolerated, and our residents will not be intimidated.”

Vithoulkas along with Henrico Board of Supervisors Chairman Tyrone Nelson joined the Henrico Chapter of the NAACP at a news conference Tuesday to condemn the distribution of these flyers.

“This is an open, inclusive, loving community,” Vithoulkas said. “The message that these flyers are pushing will find no fertile ground to grow here.”

Rai Beasley, President of the Henrico Chapter of the NAACP, called out the use of Bible verses by the person or people responsible.

“The first two commandments of God is love,” Beasley said. “So that sort of supersedes the other stuff that they tried to pull out of the Bible to get their message across."

"They're not going to change who I am,” Scarborough said. “They're not going to change this neighborhood either."

“Any way you look at it, we bleed the same color, red, we came from the same place,” said Jamar Davis, whose father lives in the neighborhood. “We put on our clothes the same as they do. There’s nothing they can do or try to do to move us out or push us on to somewhere else.”

Scarborough said the neighborhood that was targeted is a diverse one, with a handful of homeowners having lived here for decades.

“It’s ridiculous and it’s childish,” Davis said. “Let people live.”

County officials believe the flyers were placed in the driveways of the homes overnight Saturday.

"No wonder, they’re still hiding behind sheets,” Scarborough said. “They’re still hiding behind sheets, that’s why they’re doing it in the dark of night.

“We condemn the cowardly way they were distributed, in the middle of the night, under the cover of darkness,” Vithoulkas added. “... These folks may have picked the wrong County to distribute this kind of information, and it’s not information... it’s garbage.”

Henrico Police are asking anyone with information about the person or people responsible to call (804) 501-5331. While Vithoulkas said this act is not criminal in nature, those responsible could face consequences.

“The purpose is to shame them for the act they have done,” Vithoulkas said. “Ultimately the charges that are put forward would be up to the Commonwealth’s Attorney, but let’s say at the very least you have a charge of littering, you would have 100 different charges of littering for this individual or these individuals.”

County leaders encourage Henrico residents to be vigilant and watch out for their neighbors.

According to Vithoulkas, the flyers distributed in the Glen Allen neighborhood are similar to ones reported in Hanover County over the weekend.

Hanover County officials said they received one phone call Sunday morning regarding flyers/packages found in a subdivision of Bruce’s Estate. When deputies responded, they found approximately 15 packages. The sheriff’s office is investigating and ask anyone with information to call them.
Very threat-seeming bluster by Vithoulkas. What "consequences" for legal activity was he referring to? This guy isn't a "leader," he's coming off as a bully. Too bad I didn't live nearby, I've done distributions of flyers in broad daylight near government offices before and I'm not afraid to do them again.

Jim Mathias

Re: White activism at Lebanon IN in the news

Post by Jim Mathias » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:22 am

https://www.pharostribune.com/indiana/n ... 10bf2.html
Hate flyers distributed in Lebanon

Gus Pearcy | CNHI News Indiana Aug 27, 2019 Updated Aug 27, 2019

Lebanon Police would like residents who get flyers headlined “No White Guilt” to call police to collect them or bring them to the police station.

The flyers, which have a number of websites referenced on them, are in a plastic baggie with a rock inside.

LPD Officer Justin Fuston said police found about 50 flyers on Monday. Residents started calling police about the flyers around 9:30 a.m. According to the Public Information or 911 log, flyers were found in the Hoosier Estates trailer park, in the 900 block of E. Walnut Street and an apartment community on Tripps Avenue.

“My understanding is they had something similar to this happen in Martinsville on Sunday, but it was like actual KKK stuff,” Fuston said. “It looks like the same set up, the Ziploc baggie, the rock, the paper, but the paper looks different.”

There have been media reports of KKK pamphlets being distributed in the same manner in Bloomington, Johnson County, Columbus and Martinsville.

The text of the flyer categorizes the websites as for “white wellbeing,” “opposing anti-whiteism,” “websites that identify anti-whites,” and “websites that oppose white erasure.”

Unlike the flyers being distributed in other towns, these flyers have no drawings regarding the KKK.

Fuston said the only legal issue is littering, but the department is watching to see if there are any hate crimes that follow.

Fuston said there weren’t any reports of flyers on Tuesday, as of noon.

“As of right now, we don’t have any leads,” Fuston said “We don’t have any direct threats. It’s still being looked into. The police are just requesting that they stop littering in the City of Lebanon.”

The Lebanon Reporter has chosen not to print a photo of the flyer or publish the website addresses listed on it.
Littering? How many paperboys has the Lebanon cops arrested for the same thing lately?

Funny how the Lebanon Reporter picks and chooses what information it wants readers to see. Why doesn't it trust people to get all sides of the issue and let them decide for themselves?

Colin

Re: White activism at Lebanon IN in the news

Post by Colin » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:12 am

Jim Mathias wrote:https://www.pharostribune.com/indiana/n ... 10bf2.html
Hate flyers distributed in Lebanon

Gus Pearcy | CNHI News Indiana Aug 27, 2019 Updated Aug 27, 2019

Lebanon Police would like residents who get flyers headlined “No White Guilt” to call police to collect them or bring them to the police station.

The flyers, which have a number of websites referenced on them, are in a plastic baggie with a rock inside.

LPD Officer Justin Fuston said police found about 50 flyers on Monday. Residents started calling police about the flyers around 9:30 a.m. According to the Public Information or 911 log, flyers were found in the Hoosier Estates trailer park, in the 900 block of E. Walnut Street and an apartment community on Tripps Avenue.

“My understanding is they had something similar to this happen in Martinsville on Sunday, but it was like actual KKK stuff,” Fuston said. “It looks like the same set up, the Ziploc baggie, the rock, the paper, but the paper looks different.”

There have been media reports of KKK pamphlets being distributed in the same manner in Bloomington, Johnson County, Columbus and Martinsville.

The text of the flyer categorizes the websites as for “white wellbeing,” “opposing anti-whiteism,” “websites that identify anti-whites,” and “websites that oppose white erasure.”

Unlike the flyers being distributed in other towns, these flyers have no drawings regarding the KKK.

Fuston said the only legal issue is littering, but the department is watching to see if there are any hate crimes that follow.

Fuston said there weren’t any reports of flyers on Tuesday, as of noon.

“As of right now, we don’t have any leads,” Fuston said “We don’t have any direct threats. It’s still being looked into. The police are just requesting that they stop littering in the City of Lebanon.”

The Lebanon Reporter has chosen not to print a photo of the flyer or publish the website addresses listed on it.
Littering? How many paperboys has the Lebanon cops arrested for the same thing lately?

Funny how the Lebanon Reporter picks and chooses what information it wants readers to see. Why doesn't it trust people to get all sides of the issue and let them decide for themselves?

This is what I was talking about before. The way to fight this is by finding out if the Christians, Jehovah's witnesses and other groups are charged for leaving their materials. They can't enforce the littering laws against one group and not the others. There are already several court rulings in our favor on this. You just have to be willing to fight the local government on it.

Jim Mathias

Re: White activism at Novato CA in the news

Post by Jim Mathias » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:13 pm

https://www.ksro.com/2019/08/28/no-inve ... in-novato/
{video only}
No Investigation For Anti-Semitic Fliers In Novato
August 28, 2019 Local News, Top Stories

Police say there won’t be an investigation after anti-Semitic fliers were found in Novato. Phil Hulett explains:
This was done by a local area activist with no known affiliation with any White organization.

Posted here as comments are available. Better, but heavily biased text versions of this story are also available, if you want to stomach them, but I won't post these other links as many of them are Jewish websites that screech the usual hate codewords they create cookie cutter templates for other news outlets to use.

Jim Mathias

Re: White activism at Richmond VA in the news

Post by Jim Mathias » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:52 pm

https://vpm.org/news/articles/6520/whit ... -rs-campus
White Nationalist Group Stickers Appear on U of R’s Campus

Written by Yasmine Jumaa August 28, 2019

Stickers from a white supremacist group, carrying “divisive and repugnant speech” appeared around the University of Richmond’s campus over the weekend.

The university’s President Dr. Ronald Crutcher sent out a letter on Monday afternoon, to inform the U of R community of what happened and reiterate the school’s values. But many students said they never received it.

Noah Nicholson is a junior at U of R -- a majority-white school. He said he heard about the incident from a classmate.

“I’m definitely not surprised that this happened. As a black man this happens everyday,” said Nicholson. “You see it on the news, you experience it sometimes and, like I said, it’s not always in your face.”

Recently, two KKK groups have left flyers and other material on people’s doorsteps in Henrico County and Mechanicsville.

According to campus police, it's the second time this month that the same hate-group’s propaganda was found.

Dave McCoy is the university’s chief of police. He said he’s focused on community outreach.

“We want to be as responsive as we can to answer questions from community members as to what are we doing, and how they can feel safe and operate normally,” McCoy said.

The stickers were removed by police. But McCoy said the investigation is underway.
Why quote a Congoid about this and not get any quotes from the White nationalist's group spokesman as well? No journalistic integrity here, as usual with the controlled media. You'd think a taxpayer-funded government propaganda outlet like NPR would be required to abide by higher standards than that of the Jewed smear machines.