The high percentage shot in recruiting

Will Williams

The high percentage shot in recruiting

Post by Will Williams » Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:41 pm

I wrote this as part of a comment yesterday here on WB: viewtopic.php?f=59&t=6815
I can't disagree with the person who wrote this: https: //www.dowsocial.com/why-your-social-media ... worthless/

Ben Klassen died in 1993 so he had never heard of Internet social media. Hell, he had likely never even heard of the Internet for that matter. He understood, however, how to get his message of loyalty to one's race across to his fellow fallow Whites. He used the example of sticking to what he knew in tennis as the "high percentage shot." In other words, do not waste your time or your breath on low percentage methods that do not lead to victory. He was right with that simple analogy.

High Percentage Shot: A high percentage shot is one that will most likely fly over the net and land within the court. A typical high percentage shot would be if you hit your forehand cross court 19 out of 20 times, or 95%, that would be considered a high percentage shot because the ball was in play the majority of the time. Low Percentage Shot: On the other hand, a low percentage shot is one that has a lower probability of either flying over the net or landing within the court. Trying to hit close to the lines is a low percentage shot because you have less area for the ball to land on. For example, hitting a line may occur 3/10 or 30% of the time. These are not good odds. Cross court shots have a higher probability of being good then down the line shots. This is due to the fact that the net is usually lower at the center of the court. When you hit a cross court shot, the net is lower, so your shot has more room when going over the net.

Using social media to attract our people to join the National Alliance has proven to be a "low percentage" method with "low odds" for achieving success. Social media can be used to spread links to NA Websites where others can learn what we are all about, but that's about it.

An example of a higher percentage shot in recruiting is after seeing a letter to the editor of a periodical where the writer is determined by you to be an Alliance prospect, and can be identified and tracked down, contact him, talk to him; feel him out. If he is worth it, introduce him to this: https://www.natall.com/about/what-is-th ... -alliance/ He has already shown he has the moral courage to own his words in a public forum. You never know, he may ask you as others have, "Where has the National Alliance been all of my life.?" You may answer, "We sure haven't been on Wikipedia." and explain why.

One on one recruiting doesn't always yield the desired result, but it beats the ineffective blunderbuss method. Think ice pick.
:D
If Whites insist on participating in "social media," do so on ours, not (((theirs))). Like us on WhiteBiocentrism.com; follow us on NationalVanguard.org. ᛉ

Trenton

Re: The high percentage shot in recruiting

Post by Trenton » Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:05 pm

This is a sobering lesson for those tinpot organizations whose sole objective with activism is to get clicks and views. I recently spoke with the head honcho of Blood Tribe's Upper Midwest chapter, a man with whom I was once well-acquainted. He told me about how BT currently averages 5 million views on the most-viewed Twitter post about their rallies.
Certainly being able to get that many people's attention is worth something, but of course, not one percent of the people who scroll over the admittedly provocative videos of BT's activism will so much as Google what Blood Tribe even is. Brandon (the nom de guerre of the gentleman I spoke with) knows this. Back when we were both in WLM Wisconsin (which he built from the ground-up), he had a Gab page, I ran our Twitter and Instagram accounts, and of course we did everything over Telegram.
He told me himself that he didn't believe our Gab page, Twitter profile, Instagram profile with thousands of followers, or even our Telegram public channel actually drew in a single recruit. We understood that people we brought into our fold had sought us out.
I believe the grand strategy of the click-mongers is to draw out the people who will seek out the kinds of demonstrations that their organizations stage. The problem with a brand of vanguardism that emphasizes aesthetical concerns over the competence and ideological uniformity of its adherents, however, is that you are selecting for the wrong traits in your prospective members. At least, that's what I think.

Will Williams

Re: The high percentage shot in recruiting

Post by Will Williams » Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:57 am

Trenton wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:05 pm
This is a sobering lesson for those tinpot organizations whose sole objective with activism is to get clicks and views. I recently spoke with the head honcho of Blood Tribe's Upper Midwest chapter, a man with whom I was once well-acquainted. He told me about how BT currently averages 5 million views on the most-viewed Twitter post about their rallies.
Certainly being able to get that many people's attention is worth something, but of course, not one percent of the people who scroll over the admittedly provocative videos of BT's activism will so much as Google what Blood Tribe even is. Brandon (the nom de guerre of the gentleman I spoke with) knows this. Back when we were both in WLM Wisconsin (which he built from the ground-up), he had a Gab page, I ran our Twitter and Instagram accounts, and of course we did everything over Telegram.
He told me himself that he didn't believe our Gab page, Twitter profile, Instagram profile with thousands of followers, or even our Telegram public channel actually drew in a single recruit. We understood that people we brought into our fold had sought us out.
I believe the grand strategy of the click-mongers is to draw out the people who will seek out the kinds of demonstrations that their organizations stage. The problem with a brand of vanguardism that emphasizes aesthetical concerns over the competence and ideological uniformity of its adherents, however, is that you are selecting for the wrong traits in your prospective members. At least, that's what I think.
Your experience as a young man with so many social media and with "tinpot organizations" that depend on them will be of value to our Alliance. I look forward to our meeting during your spring break from college.

I should be more careful with what I type. I just noticed a careless error when I wrote what you are responding to here.

Ben Klassen died in 1993 so he had never heard of Internet social media. Hell, he had likely never even heard of the Internet for that matter. He understood, however, how to get his message of loyalty to one's race across to his fellow fallow Whites.
Wouldn't it make more sense with a comma and the word "if" ahead of the word "fallow?"
fal·low [ˈfalō] adjective (of a period of time) characterized by inaction;
unproductive: "long fallow periods when nothing seems to happen."
Too many of our fellow Whites are in fact fallow, even those in ostensibly pro-White tinpot organizations who believe they are being effective by piling up thousands of likers and followers on various social media, like those you mention: Gab, Twitter now X), Instagram, Telegram -- and the ones you didn't like Faceberg and TikTok, or whatever.

Blood Tribe, White Lives Matter; sound enticing to alienated young White men, as does Patriot Front or Vanguard America that drew those young men to the Unite The Right debacle in Charlottesville in 2017. It was nice seeing those young men marching with their tiki torches, chanting "Jews will not replace us!" But where are those who were behind that in the loosely-structured, so-called alt-right today, if not in prison? You have exposed the shallowness behind some of those groups' names.
If Whites insist on participating in "social media," do so on ours, not (((theirs))). Like us on WhiteBiocentrism.com; follow us on NationalVanguard.org. ᛉ