Gentlemen i need your help in translation of "Who we are"

Paul

Gentlemen i need your help in translation of "Who we are"

Post by Paul » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:24 am

Greetings from Russia. I am in process of translation of William Pierce book "Who we are" into russian.I and i have some questions about text. I wrote on your e-mail, but but no one answered :( .
First of all i need to understand what exactly autor means by "Nordic people", "Nordic influence" and etc. Did he means nordic as a phenotype of white race, or he used this word as a northmen?

Cosmotheist

Re: Gentleman i need your help in translation of "Who we are

Post by Cosmotheist » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:18 am

Paul wrote:Greetings from Russia. I am in process of translation of William Pierce book "Who we are" into russian.I and i have some questions about text. I wrote on your e-mail, but but no one answered :( .
First of all i need to understand what exactly autor means by "Nordic people", "Nordic influence" and etc. Did he means nordic as a phenotype of white race, or he used this word as a northmen?
Hello Paul,

I believe "Nordic" as being one of three major phenotypes of the White Race,
with the other two branches being Alpine and Mediterranean.

I hope that answers your question.

Best regards,
Cosmotheist

Paul

Post by Paul » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:22 am

Thank you for your answer. It means that autror was norditsist. If i will have same more questions i will ask you in this topic.

Cosmotheist

Post by Cosmotheist » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:27 am

Paul wrote:Thank you for your answer. It means that autror was norditsist. If i will have same more questions i will ask you in this topic.
You are most welcome.
Not necessarily. Ok. :D

Best regards,
Cosmotheist

Paul

Post by Paul » Sun May 03, 2015 9:40 am

In chapter №9 author wrote "From the far north they came, the xanthoi, the golden-haired ones: tall, blue-eyed and
grey-eyed giants, on horseback and on foot, carrying their battleaxes and their spears,
bringing their women and their wagons and their cattle." I didn't find any information about folk/tribe "xanthoi". I know only ancihent greek city Xanthos. What autor had in mind by "xanthoi"?

Cosmotheist

Post by Cosmotheist » Sun May 03, 2015 10:59 am

Paul wrote:In chapter №9 author wrote "From the far north they came, the xanthoi, the golden-haired ones: tall, blue-eyed and
grey-eyed giants, on horseback and on foot, carrying their battleaxes and their spears,
bringing their women and their wagons and their cattle." I didn't find any information about folk/tribe "xanthoi". I know only ancihent greek city Xanthos. What autor had in mind by "xanthoi"?
Apparently, the "Xanthoi" were a "fair-haired" Thracian tribe
according to Hecatacus.
See:
https://books.google.com/books?id=GiQSA ... CCYQ6AEwAQ

Indo-European origins: the anthropological evidence
John V. Day
Institute for the Study of Man, 2001 - Foreign Language Study - 546 pages

I do hope that this helps you. :D

Best regards,
Cosmotheist

Paul

Post by Paul » Wed May 06, 2015 5:53 am

Thank you, again this information will be very useful for me. But link on the book doesn't work :(

Cosmotheist

Post by Cosmotheist » Wed May 06, 2015 7:19 am

Paul wrote:Thank you, again this information will be very useful for me. But link on the book doesn't work :(
You are welcome, and I am glad that it will be very useful for you.
Try the link for the book again:

John V. Day

Both of them posted actually worked for me.

Anyone else have any difficulty with the links?

Best regards,
Cosmotheist

Martin Graves

Post by Martin Graves » Wed May 06, 2015 12:39 pm

Cosmotheist wrote:Try the link for the book again:

I'm getting an error too. I've tried using different computers as well, so it must be a problem on Google's end.

Cosmotheist

Post by Cosmotheist » Wed May 06, 2015 8:22 pm

Martin Graves wrote:
Cosmotheist wrote:Try the link for the book again:

I'm getting an error too. I've tried using different computers as well, so it must be a problem on Google's end.
Ok. Here is a just cut and paste then from that link. Weird.

Here is another link for you all to try as well:
http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDet ... ortby%3D20

"About this title:

Synopsis:
A comprehensive survey of the evidence from biological anthropology for Indo-European origins, based on the author's Ph.D. thesis prepared under Professor James Mallory. The author first considers the various ways that languages can spread and the possible biological implications of these expansions. He then embarks on an exhaustive survey of over 2,600 books and articles relating to the physical anthropology of the earliest identified speakers of Indo-European languages, based on ancient texts, artworks and lexicons.
Covering Europe and Asia from the Neolithic onwards, His study surveys dermatoglyphics, mummified corpses,
skeletal remains and genetic material for evidence of ancient population movements.
An attempt is then made to integrate findings from biological anthropology with data from linguistics, archaeology and social anthropology to test the validity of migration theories in relation to the dispersal of the Indo-European languages and the possible location of a hypothecated proto-Indo-European language.
The bibliography lists over 2,600 books and articles."

======================================================================================================

Front Cover
John V. Day
0 Reviews

From inside the book

3 pages matching Ancient tribes of Europe Xanthoi in this book
Page 39

Page 39
Page 60

Page 60
Page 61

Page 61
Where's the rest of this book?
Results 1-3 of 3
What people are saying - Write a review

We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
Contents

Language change
Lexical evidence
Phonological evidence
Copyright

14 other sections not shown
Common terms and phrases

Anatolia ancient cranioskeletal archaeological argue artworks Aryans Barbujani biological anthropology biological continuity breadth Bronze Age Caucasoid Cavalli-Sforza Celtic clines cluster analysis complex contact-induced language shift Corded Ware correlation cranial variables cranioskeletal material cranioskeletal record cranioskeletal remains culture dark hair demic diffusion dermatoglyphic early IE languages early IE speakers early IE-speaking Early Neolithic edited elite dominance elite groups Eurasia Eurasian steppe evidence expanded eye colour fair hair Figure gene frequencies genetic record Germanic Greece Greek hair colour Hittite Homer human incoming IE speakers India Indo-European Iranian speakers language families language shift languages were dispersed Late Neolithic light hair linguistic Mallory Mesolithic migration modem modern mtDNA Neolithic Neolithic series non-IE speakers non-IE-speaking Nordics northern Europe perhaps PIE homeland pigmentation population movements prehistorians prehistoric racial region Roman Schwidetzky Sergent skin Sokal southwest Asia steppe groups studies Table Tepe Hissar Tocharian Tocharian speakers traits Upper Palaeolithic Xinjiang Yamna Yuezhi
Bibliographic information

QR code for Indo-European origins
Title Indo-European origins: the anthropological evidence
Author John V. Day
Edition illustrated
Publisher Institute for the Study of Man, 2001
ISBN 0941694755, 9780941694759
Length 546 pages
Subjects Social Science › Anthropology › Cultural

Foreign Language Study / Ancient Languages
Indo-European languages
Indo-Europeans
Indo-Europeans/ Anthropometry
Indo-Europeans/ Origin
Language Arts & Disciplines / Linguistics
Language Arts & Disciplines / Study & Teaching
Proto-Indo-European language
Social Science / Anthropology / Cultural

Export Citation BiBTeX EndNote RefMan
About Google Books - Privacy Policy - Terms of Service - Blog - Information for Publishers - Report an issue - Help - Sitemap - Google Home

======================================================================================================

Best regards,
Cosmotheist