Jordan Peterson relies on science?

Will Williams

Jordan Peterson relies on science?

Post by Will Williams » Thu May 24, 2018 10:22 am

Mr. Peterson asks, "What JQ?" Dr. McDonald takes him to task. Lots of interesting comments below the article. The intellectually dishonest "celebrity intellectual" Peterson made his name, apparently, on Internet social media, which explains why I've never heard of him.
---

A Reply to Jordan Peterson
May 10, 2018 — 92 Comments
Kevin MacDonald

Celebrity intellectual Jordan Peterson has written a blog post, “’On the So-Called ‘Jewish Question’,” the inner quotes indicating he doesn’t think this is a real issue—something that only “reactionary conspiracy theorists” would propose. His blog includes a link to Nathan Cofnas’s criticism of The Culture of Critique. No links to my replies—which may provide a clue about his intellectual honesty.

Indeed, one must wonder about the seriousness of someone who thinks he can settle an issue that has gotten the attention of some of the most celebrated thinkers in Western history with an 1100-word blog post.

Peterson has become popular because of his courage and knowledge in opposing political correctness. He stands up for men and for individual responsibility. To his credit he achieved celebrity status via social media, not as a creature of the mainstream media. Much of his stature rests on his use of scientific data in his arguments. I and many others certainly appreciate this approach; he is particularly cogent in discussing sex differences and gender politics. There is not enough of this in public discourse.

However, my confidence in Peterson’s trustworthiness was shaken by his shoddy treatment of the Jewish Question, including name-calling directed at my own work. This is part of his broader offensive against identitarians, people who defend their group interests. For Peterson there are only individual interests (a bit strange for someone who approves of evolutionary biology, a subdiscipline that encompasses kin selection theory and, for humans, cultural group selection). For Peterson to admit there is a Jewish Question would be to concede the reality of group interests—not only families but religions, ethnic groups, and nations.

In the West, failure to acknowledge group interests is suicidal for its traditional European-derived populations. As a result of the imposition of massive non-White immigration and multiculturalism by elites unresponsive to popular attitudes, the traditional populations of these societies are slated to become minorities in lands they have dominated for hundreds, and in the case of Europe, thousands of years. In the West, these migrants have typically established identitarian groups intent on pursuing their group interests and with increasing power to do so as the traditional European-derived populations (which uniquely produced individualist societies) dwindle. While I would love to live in a European-derived individualist society, under such circumstances it is suicidal to pursue an individualist strategy as things are now. And unless there is drastic change, it will only get worse in the future...
---

More here: https://www.theoccidentalobserver.net/2 ... -peterson/

Dr. MacDonald makes the case that independent-minded, racially responsible White identitarians should stick together to look out for their group interests. We in the Alliance agree with that much and actually present a plan for doing just that: https://natall.com/about/what-is-the-national-alliance/
If Whites insist on participating in "social media," do so on ours, not (((theirs))). Like us on WhiteBiocentrism.com; follow us on NationalVanguard.org. ᛉ

Jim Mathias

Re: Jordan Peterson relies on science?

Post by Jim Mathias » Sat May 26, 2018 12:19 am

Why doesn't Kevin MacDonald follow through on the topic of "White identitarian" organized activities if he's of the belief that our (collective White) failure to do so in the future will be suicidal? His A3P seems to have been his only expression of this...and yet with no institutional support built up to back it, its efforts seem to have come to little fruition.

Another question for Kevin MacDonald, why not seek out and assist the most comprehensive, extremely long-term oriented plan such as the National Alliance organizes and builds towards in the institutional sense? I can't imagine he doesn't know we exist. We in the National Alliance understand the need for and have been active in building our own institutions, isn't it rather obvious we're the best suited for what MacDonald has in mind?
Activism materials available! ===> Contact me via PM to obtain quantities of the "Send Them Back", "NA Health Warning #1 +#2+#3" stickers, and any fliers listed in the Alliance website's flier webpage.

Will Williams

Post by Will Williams » Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:48 pm

Jim Mathias wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 12:19 am
Why doesn't Kevin MacDonald follow through on the topic of "White identitarian" organized activities if he's of the belief that our (collective White) failure to do so in the future will be suicidal? His A3P seems to have been his only expression of this...and yet with no institutional support built up to back it, its efforts seem to have come to little fruition.

Another question for Kevin MacDonald, why not seek out and assist the most comprehensive, extremely long-term oriented plan such as the National Alliance organizes and builds towards in the institutional sense? I can't imagine he doesn't know we exist. We in the National Alliance understand the need for and have been active in building our own institutions, isn't it rather obvious we're the best suited for what MacDonald has in mind?
In the four-plus years since Dr. MacDonald was pushing that "identitarian" phrase as having something to do with race I've come to reject it. KMac associates strongly with the alt-right and the word is popular with them. Our Alliance is a much more serious organization than anything the alt-right had (past tense) to offer.

Dr. Andrew Joyce took this Jordan Peterson phony on about his civic nationalism more so than did KMac a couple of months later in a three-part article, here: www.theoccidentalobserver.net/2018/10/2 ... hree-jung/

No NA member should be a Jordan Peterson fan after reading Dr. Joyce.

Jim, Dr. MacDonald receives our BULLETIN each month. Whether he reads it I can't say, but he is well aware of who and what we are.
If Whites insist on participating in "social media," do so on ours, not (((theirs))). Like us on WhiteBiocentrism.com; follow us on NationalVanguard.org. ᛉ

RCavallius

Post by RCavallius » Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:54 am

I love citing the work of academics like Dr. MacDonald in my writing, because so much of the research they've done is outstanding and really helps to beef up theses about race or the JQ or whatever, but other than that, I really don't have much use for them.

I could say the same thing about Jared Taylor. From an academic standpoint, some of the material he's put out is really, really good. But outside of that, his work leaves much to be desired.

That's okay; we'll let these fellows pursue the work which they believe is best. The NA has its own program and I'm sure they understand that as well.
H0216

Jim Mathias

Post by Jim Mathias » Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:16 pm

Will Williams wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:48 pm
Jim Mathias wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 12:19 am

In the four-plus years since Dr. MacDonald was pushing that "identitarian" phrase as having something to do with race I've come to reject it. KMac associates strongly with the alt-right and the word is popular with them. Our Alliance is a much more serious organization than anything the alt-right had (past tense) to offer.

Dr. Andrew Joyce took this Jordan Peterson phony on about his civic nationalism more so than did KMac a couple of months later in a three-part article, here: www.theoccidentalobserver.net/2018/10/2 ... hree-jung/

Jim, Dr. MacDonald receives our BULLETIN each month. Whether he reads it I can't say, but he is well aware of who and what we are.
Whites such as Jordan Peterson and Kevin MacDonald have at least one foot in the Jewed System. Like conservatives, to go against that System in any way towards the National Alliance's new order would likely (in my opinion) result in their System-derived income getting cut off completely.

I've been fired from a job for my Alliance efforts and association, I've had some others also disassociate with me when it became known what I'm about. It has been used against me in family court by the bad actors in the courts and among those I had personal relations with, damaging a relationship within my own family. Doing right is not easy, but it must be done and we're all forced to choose one way or the other. If people like Peterson and MacDonald do not wish to screw up the courage to do what's right, then so be it, we'll go it alone.
Activism materials available! ===> Contact me via PM to obtain quantities of the "Send Them Back", "NA Health Warning #1 +#2+#3" stickers, and any fliers listed in the Alliance website's flier webpage.

Will Williams

Post by Will Williams » Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:17 pm

Will Williams wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:48 pm
Or especially after reading Irish Savant's recent piece, here: https://nationalvanguard.org/2023/01/ca ... any-lower/ What a Jew loving "right-wing" twit!

Can Jordan Peterson Sink Any Lower?
9 JANUARY, 2023

YOU’VE PROBABLY READ ABOUT the DealBook Summit held in New York recently. Sponsored by the ((New York Times)) and directed by ((Andrew Ross Sorkin)) it was more like a bar mitzvah than an economic conference, featuring as it did such luminaries as Janet Yellen, Mark Zuckerberg, Vladimir Zelensky, Benjamin Netenyahu, and Amazon CEO Andy Jassy. In fact the only goy of consequence was that back-stabbing Judas Mike Pence. However the star of the show was Samuel Bankman-Fried who appeared to thunderous applause on a video link from his lair in the Bahamas. This was shortly before he was arrested by the fine upstanding Bahamian law enforcement officers for robbery on a monumental scale.

Now that he’s been extradited to the USA his and his businesses’ fate will be decided by his good friend and enabler SEC Chairman ((Gary Gensler)) and judge ((Ronnie Abrams)) in no less a setting than the ((Southern District of New York)), otherwise known as The Wailing Wall. I personally believe that Gensler and Abrams will set all ethnic and religious considerations aside and deliver justice in its purest form. I mean, just look at Gary here. His thirst for justice is palpable, the fire of righteousness, honed on the Iowa farm where he grew up, shines through his handsome countenance. And I’m confident that the fact Judge Ronnie attended Jeffrey Epstein’s alma mater and her husband was on Robert Mueller’s team “investigating” “Russian interference in the 2016 Presidential election” will have no bearing on her handling of the case.

But some cynics disagree with me. They think that Sam will walk, or else get Epsteined, ending up in a luxury seaside villa in Israel. After all, they’d argue, Israel has form when it comes to harbouring Jewish criminals fleeing justice. They think he could even be honoured formally like arch-criminals Robert Maxwell (Ghislaine’s daddy) and Jonathan Pollard who betrayed the country where he was born and reared by robbing its advanced military secrets and passing them on to ‘America’s Greatest Ally’ which then sold them on to America’s greatest enemies.

What’s this got to do Jordan Peterson, the man famous for telling other men to clean up their rooms? Well you probably know that he has taken up a lavishly-rewarded position with Ben Shapiro’s media operation. You also know that if Ben is forking out this many shekels he’ll want his pound of flesh. And he got it in spades at a recent seminar in Israel billed this way by the organisers:
We couldn’t think of a better opening for the new year than with an event like this, with the participation of our three greatest minds, in a conversation about preserving the values ​​of freedom that shape the destiny of Western civilization [sic]. I hope that this festive event will spark the beginning of a broader and more balanced discussion.
Given that the audience represented the ‘cream’ of Israeli society I imagine it would have included many of the gangsters now roosting by the Med while their fleeced and impoverished victims impotently nurse their losses back home. It might even have included Jonathan Pollard given that his BFF Netanyahu played a prominent role at the event. And probably representatives of the hasbara schools and the thriving Israeli body-parts-for-sale industry. Peterson knew his audience and hit them hard:
You control our world. You’ve poisoned the air we breathe, contaminated the water we drink, and copyrighted the food we eat. We fight in your wars, die for your causes, and sacrifice our freedoms to protect you. You’ve liquidated our savings, destroyed our middle class, and used our tax dollars to bail out your unending greed. You’ve fomented wars in your own interests and get us to finance and fight them. You’ve stolen our military and technology secrets and sold them on to the highest bidders, often our enemies. We are slaves to your corporations, zombies to your airwaves, servants to your decadence. You’ve stolen our elections, assassinated our leaders, and abolished our basic rights as human beings. You own our property, shipped away our jobs, and shredded our unions. You’ve profited off of disaster, destabilized our currencies, and raised our cost of living. You’ve monopolised our freedom, debased our education, and have almost extinguished our flame.
Naw, he didn’t say that. In fact these were Peterson’s concluding remarks:
As Jews in Israel, are you telling the greatest story ever told? Well, you decide that by how you live. And what you do will affect the world – for one reason or another, it’s not so easy to understand, everyone looks here to see, well, how are you actually doing, under this tremendous assault of adversarial criticism, as this little, tiny people in the middle of no man’s land in some real sense, as a –what would you say — cardinal model of the nation-state and the city on the hill. You have a tremendous moral responsibility, like you have, perhaps, for your entire history, for reasons that are very difficult to understand, and I think it is true, in some real sense, that the fate of the world depends on the decisions of the people of Israel. Just as the fate of the world depends on the decision of every individual, so you make yourself a shining light on the hill, right? You attract people here because of what you’re capable of doing. You show the world what the holy city could look like. Because we need it. We need it, and it’s up to you to do it. Thank you very much.
Yes, JP believes that our moral salvation will come by way of Jews in general and Israelis in particular. His delivery of these remarks was nothing less than stomach-churning as he dissolved into a weeping quivering mess on reaching the end. Jordan, Jordan — all the shekels in the world couldn’t compensate for such a display of self-abasement.

What if anything does he really stand for? I can in all honesty claim I could never ‘get’ him. He always struck me as a stupid person’s idea of a clever person. Asked on one occasion “do you believe in God?” he responded with “I could talk for forty hours on what each word of that question means.” Which surely begged the follow-up “Maybe you could, but would you just answer the question?” He is also tendentious and inconsistent on the issue of race. He declares any argument based on racial differences to be “so muddleheaded that you hardly know where to start” but confines his criticism to Whites who apparently have no right to take pride in European cities just because you “happen to have the same skin color as some of the people” who built them. Strangely enough he has an entirely different attitude towards Native Americans who he encouraged to celebrate their unique culture and heritage. And he has no problem with crediting disproportionate Jewish wealth and power to their high IQ — while simultaneously professing outrage when differentials between Whites and Blacks are attributed to the same cause.

In fact it’s reasonable to see him as a gatekeeper put in place to gaslight Whites — White males in particular — away from focusing on their real problems. After all he’s been branded a far-right male chauvinistic conspiracy theorist — so he must be on our side, right? Whether he set out with this gaslighting role in mind I don’t know, but his rise has been suspiciously meteoric. Was it worth it? To me, nothing could be worth the ritual humiliation he endured in Israel.

Bank your shekels, Jordan, and fade away while you still retain a scintilla of self-respect.