Your Smartphone: The Omnipresent Spy

Patricia

Your Smartphone: The Omnipresent Spy

Post by Patricia » Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:28 pm

It’s no secret we live in a mass surveillance state. The technology supposedly created to help us be a more energy efficient and productive society, is now our greatest threat to our privacy and self-sovereign well-being. Take a look around — from smart refrigerators to smart light bulbs, nanny cams to smart T.V.s, computers, Ring, Google Nest, Alexa and our smartphones are all capable of being used to spy on us, and that's just the list of equipment that is doing it before you step outside of your house. They’re all equipped with cameras, sensors and microphones that watch and monitor our every move, emotion and action. Many people will point to the Patriot Act as the beginning, when the US government began to spy over its own citizens' communications under the guise of “national security.” But it's far more than just the government -- though some prescient writers have already started to use the term "government" to include Jewish media, Jewish Big Tech, Jewish Wall Street and banking -- all parts of a new and deeply tyrannical power structure that rules Western societies.

How Cellular Providers Spy on Us

I'll start with cellular providers and talk about some of the tools at their disposal that are currently employed. Some of these terms and tools you probably have heard before, but might not be sure how they work. The important takeaway to remember is that the information captured from these tools can be subject to subpoena by lawyers or government agencies.

Carrier-branded smartphones: These are the phones you “lease” from any carrier on a month to month payment program. They come preloaded with a ton of apps that are carrier branded and cannot be removed. Most of the apps are carrier specific, and log the data you enter into them as well as tracking other apps.

AT&T Secure Family and the Google Play App are two examples — “Find your family, control your child’s screen time and manage their phone use.”

Key features include:

This app may share data with third parties.
This app may collect location and personal info.
Data is encrypted in transit.
Data cannot be deleted.

Mobile OS: A mobile OS is the operating system your smartphone uses, and is like a version of the Windows, macOS or Ubuntu on your personal computer. Today the smartphone market is dominated by two players. Google and Apple. By agreeing to the “terms and conditions” to use Google or Apple services, we give access to every aspect of our life, both private and public, to them. When people complain about Big Tech spying on us, it's really our own fault since we don't have to use any of these services. (Note: I will be discussing two projects to help Android users with their opt out plan. Sorry Apple users, you will have to wait until it gets easier to jailbreak an iPhone.)

Apps: Too many of them are on our smartphones. When was the last time you downloaded an app that didn't need access to every part of your phone to work? Nearly every app we download needs access to our contacts, phone, texts, photos, GPS location etc. All with the emphasis on “collecting information for better customer experience.” With the rise of malware apps, shouldn't we be paying more attention to the apps we install and the permissions given to them?

Trilateration: GPS. Our cell phones constantly send out signals looking to receive “acknowledgement” signals from nearby cell towers. The more towers our smartphones connect with, the better the accuracy to pinpoint your location to within feet. Note: Not even turning off your GPS is foolproof. That is because our smartphones are still connected to nearby towers via the radio inside them. This won't pinpoint your exact location but just enough to provide the necessary information as to your whereabouts at a particular time.

SIM swap attacks: This is when a scammer is able to pose as you (through social engineering), and calls your cell service provider to trick the company into porting over your cell number to a SIM in their possession. The goal is to receive one-time access codes to your financial accounts. Hint: Bank accounts are always vulnerable to this. If you use Bitcoin, you are still vulnerable if you leave much BTC on a centralized exchange! Keep it in an offline wallet, and you're safe, though.

Stingrays: Physical hardware used by government agencies around the world. The premise behind the attack is that Stingrays operate as “fake” cell phone towers by providing a stronger signal, so that your smartphone believes it is talking to a nearby tower, when in fact, some agency is operating as the man-in-the-middle, recording all data (text, calls, and data) transmitted from the person of interest. The major issue with this, anyone who happens to wander by the intended target has all of their information captured as well. Everyone in the vicinity’s privacy is at risk when this tactic is used.

Social, political or economic injustice rallies: If there was ever more of an example on why you should use a burner phone (a cheap phone picked up at a retailer with cash with no name or credit information attached to it, and thrown away after a short use) or privacy-focused device for these events, it was the fallout from the Canadian Truckers Rally and the events of January 6, 2021. In the months after the events, governments and Jewish groups and individuals worked with Big Tech to track down and arrest a slew of people, just by viewing their social media feeds or subpoenaing cell phone records from carriers. Those cell phone records were used to determine if you were anywhere near such protests in order to prosecute individuals. I must stress this again, never bring your daily phone to any such rally ever. Always bring a backup phone you can ditch or destroy -- no matter what.

How to Start to Opt Out

To begin, head over to https://calyxos.org/ or https://grapheneos.org/ to do some light reading. These two projects are similar in nature and offer a great alternative mobile OS that is free of Google services and all the tracking included. Their respective Web sites have a list of compatible devices and installation guides. The two projects have grown the most in popularity amongst Bitcoiners, but anyone can use them.

Privacy is a right we must now fight for, since we have lost so much to the Jewish technocrats and their obedient politicians and other servants -- we all should all remember this, and not take it lightly or sacrifice it for convenience. Nothing is 100% secure and private, unless you are planning to go live off the grid in the mountains. If your wife isn't thrilled about that idea, at least begin to explore an opt out plan when it comes to communications and your finances. Family survival and projecting your genes -- and your wealth -- over the generations may well depend on it.

RCavallius

Re: Your Smartphone: The Omnipresent Spy

Post by RCavallius » Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:23 pm

Good post. I'll be looking into this.
H0216

Robert Burns

Post by Robert Burns » Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:37 pm

I already use GrapheneOS. My understanding is that it's better from a privacy standpoint than any other OS, whereas CalyxOS is still pretty good for privacy, certainly way better than stock Android, but it's better for compatibility with different apps.

Many apps won't work on GrapheneOS without some serious tinkering, and even then it isn't perfect. CalyxOS is probably better for most people who just want something that is a massive improvement on standard smartphones but still works more or less like a regular Android out of the box.

Will Williams

Post by Will Williams » Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pm

I told Kevin Strom once that I've never been on social media (except for WB and NV, if they are considered social media); don't have a cell phone so have never seen a text message nor have I knowingly used apps. He replied, "Will, you don't know what you're missing." I told him, "I know exactly what I'm missing, Kevin."

What I'm missing is pretty much what is laid out above in Patricia's post. :lol:

I do use gmail, unfortunately, and still use the Google and Bing search engines, but am determined to use a more secure search engine (duckduckgo?) as son as Riley sets one up for me. He got me Protonmail a while back which is supposedly more secure, but it's cumbersome for me and, anyway, what good is it if folks like Kevin don't use it also?

Don't type anything that is ultrasensitive, or that can be considered illegal; that you wouldn't want to see repeated in tomorrow's newspaper or read to you in the defendant's box -- or that you think WLP would not approve, before you hit SEND, and you'll be OK.
If Whites insist on participating in "social media," do so on ours, not (((theirs))). Like us on WhiteBiocentrism.com; follow us on NationalVanguard.org. ᛉ

Jim Mathias

Post by Jim Mathias » Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:46 pm

I very much concur with Will's thoughts as outlined above, if it violates some criminal statute, don't say it.

It's come to my attention that a non-member commenter on National Vanguard used this topic to push a brand of paranoia around, enough of it to scare people from doing any kind of activism at all, even if legal. We cannot let this sort of thing intimidate any of us members from doing anything, nor can we afford to think in such terms.

From one such person:
Cell phones are in effect a tracking device. They are always in communication with the nearest cell tower, even when you aren’t using it. If you are going to use a cell phone there is no way around that. It is still possible to prevent that information from being directly tied to you. You must be vigilant and it is inconvenient to say the least. You just need two phones, one for shit that you don’t care about being tracked and one that cannot be traced back to you (i.e., pre-paid, purchased with cash by someone else).
You should have a second laptop for the same reason and acquired in the same manner. Again, you must be very vigilant about where, when and how these devices are used to prevent them from being able to be connected to you. Very, very vigilant.
Most people have no need for this because they never do anything that matters anyway but for anyone who is more active it is a necessary hassle.
"More active?" My reply:
In reply to Joe Lowsac.
If “they” want me, they’re going to come and get me. It’s no secret I belong to the National Alliance (and very much actively so) and have for years now. Do right and fear no one, you have just one shot at life and should live according to your principles every second that you can. The fear that you will be scooped up someday very soon whenever it somehow becomes known you’ve said this or done that is crap!

Be White and do right is what I say. Never live in fear.
Another chimed in:
In reply to Jim - National Alliance Staff.
.. nobly said but you wont be of any good to the cause imprisoned when tossing your l-phone in the fire and using them $20 disposible phones and randomly tossing them and getting new would prevent that .. and you can take out the battery when total stealth is required .. cant do that with l-phone ..
Imprisoned! That's the sort of mens rea mindset that we do not need. My reply:
In reply to leopold buncombe.

I haven’t been imprisoned yet for my totally legal activism, Mr. buncombe, and that’s while carrying a phone. If you’re worried about the authorities overhearing you conspiring to commit a crime, well, you should be worried! Our policy in the National Alliance is to be totally legal, and for those who can’t abide by that policy aren’t Alliance material anyway.

It’s been over 20 years now that I’ve been on “their” list. By “their” I mean the FBI’s list. Actually, I’ve done an FOIA request on what they have in their files about me. They said the Alliance and I have been associated together and now that’s been for a long time since my report came back, yet here I am. I think you’re just trying to scare people.

Please give the paranoia a rest. If you can’t do so or have illegal actions in mind, then you should leave us.
You can see the conversation at https://nationalvanguard.org/2022/09/yo ... esent-spy/
Activism materials available! ===> Contact me via PM to obtain quantities of the "Send Them Back", "NA Health Warning #1 +#2+#3" stickers, and any fliers listed in the Alliance website's flier webpage.

Robert Burns

Post by Robert Burns » Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:50 am

Just because you're not doing anything illegal doesn't mean you shouldn't take your privacy seriously, and just because you take your privacy seriously doesn't mean you're paranoid. I agree some people are unreasonable with how they want us all to act like we are Edward Snowden, but I think this post by Patricia is very reasonable and informative, and replacing a smartphone OS with a privacy-focused one is not incredibly difficult to do. I'll do it for anyone in the Alliance. Just give me the phone and I'll set it up.

RCavallius

Post by RCavallius » Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:01 pm

They're not compatible with iPhones, are they?
H0216

White Man 1

Post by White Man 1 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:05 pm

The smartphone problem is one I've been trying to tangle with for several years myself. Just recently I've been able to finally get some basic security and privacy issues fixed on my phone thanks to Riley's tech savvy help. For somebody technologically illiterate such as myself it was a daunting task.

My concern isn't so much with the USG crackdown on the 1st and 4th Ammendment as it is private actors and companies exploiting smartphones for vulnerabilities and data mining. I want to "opt out" of all that nonsense while still being able to effectively utilize the technology.

Robert Burns

Post by Robert Burns » Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:08 am

RCavallius wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:01 pm
They're not compatible with iPhones, are they?
No, the two mentioned here only work on Google Pixels, and there is really nothing comparable for an iPhone.

Will Williams

Post by Will Williams » Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:23 pm

White Man 1 wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:05 pm
The smartphone problem is one I've been trying to tangle with for several years myself. Just recently I've been able to finally get some basic security and privacy issues fixed on my phone thanks to Riley's tech savvy help. For somebody technologically illiterate such as myself it was a daunting task.

My concern isn't so much with the USG crackdown on the 1st and 4th Ammendment as it is private actors and companies exploiting smartphones for vulnerabilities and data mining. I want to "opt out" of all that nonsense while still being able to effectively utilize the technology.
Enjoy your smartphones. :D

The best way to ditch Faceberg is to never sign up for it in the first place.

---

How this data broker is selling
mass surveillance to local police

Inside Fog Data Science, the Secretive Company Selling Mass Surveillance to Local Police
EFF staff put together a series on Fog Data Science, a data broker that has been selling raw location data about individual people to federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies. This personal data isn’t gathered from cell phone towers or tech giants like Google—it’s obtained by the broker via thousands of different apps on Android and iOS app stores as part of the larger location data marketplace.

Automated License Plate Readers Threaten Abortion Access. Here's How Policymakers Can Mitigate the Risk
Law enforcement agencies around the country have adopted mass surveillance technology that uses cameras to track the vehicles of every driver on the road. In the wake of the U.S. Supreme Court's Dobbs ruling, that technology may soon be turned against people seeking abortions, the people who support them, and the workers who provide reproductive healthcare.

How to Ditch Facebook Without Losing Your
Friends (Or Family, Customers or Communities)

We launched “How to Ditch Facebook Without Losing Your Friends” – a narrated slideshow and essay explaining how Facebook locks in its users, how interoperability can free them, and what it would feel like to use an “interoperable Facebook” of the future.

San Francisco’s Board of Supervisors
Grants Police More Surveillance Powers

In a 4-7 vote, San Francisco’s Board of Supervisors passed a 15-month pilot program granting the San Francisco Police Department more live surveillance powers.

Study of Electronic Monitoring Smartphone Apps Confirms Advocates’ Concerns of Privacy Harms
Researchers at the University of Washington and Harvard Law School recently published a groundbreaking study analyzing the technical capabilities of 16 electronic monitoring (EM) smartphone apps used as “alternatives” to criminal and civil detention.

Source: Electronic Frontier Foundation
If Whites insist on participating in "social media," do so on ours, not (((theirs))). Like us on WhiteBiocentrism.com; follow us on NationalVanguard.org. ᛉ