Many Quotations to Come!

Wisdom and wit
White_Vengeance
Location: In the Whitest possible location, high in the Appalachian Mountains, deep in the heart of Dixie.

Re: Many Quotations to Come!

Post by White_Vengeance » Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:16 pm

"A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself." - quoted from Marcus Tullius Cicero - Marcus Tullius Cicero[a] (/ˈsɪsəroʊ/ SISS-ə-roh; Latin: [ˈmaːr.kʊs ˈtʊl.lʲi.jʊs ˈkɪ.kɛ.roː]; 3 January 106 BC – 7 December 43 BC) was a Roman statesman, lawyer, scholar, philosopher, and academic skeptic, who tried to uphold optimate principles during the political crises that led to the establishment of the Roman Empire. His extensive writings include treatises on rhetoric, philosophy, and politics, and he is considered one of Rome's greatest orators and prose stylists. He came from a wealthy municipal family of the Roman equestrian order, and served as consul in 63 BC.

His influence on the Latin language was immense. He wrote more than three-quarters of extant Latin literature that is known to have existed in his lifetime, and it has been said that subsequent prose was either a reaction against or a return to his style, not only in Latin but in European languages up to the 19th century. Cicero introduced into Latin the arguments of the chief schools of Hellenistic philosophy and created a Latin philosophical vocabulary with neologisms such as evidentia, humanitas, qualitas, quantitas, and essentia, distinguishing himself as a translator and philosopher.

Though he was an accomplished orator and successful lawyer, Cicero believed his political career was his most important achievement. It was during his consulship that the second Catilinarian conspiracy attempted to overthrow the government through an attack on the city by outside forces, and Cicero suppressed the revolt by summarily and controversially executing five conspirators without trial.
Any White person who can see the threat to the future of the White race today and who refuses, whether from cowardice or selfishness, to stand up for his/her people does not deserve to be counted among them.

Will Williams

Post by Will Williams » Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:15 pm

Jim Mathias wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:53 pm
Victor Arminius wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:36 pm
"This is your realm and the heart of the greater realm that shall be. The third age of the world is ended, and the new age is begun, and it is your task to order its beginning and to preserve what may be preserved. For though much has been saved, much must now pass away." The Lord of the Rings.

[Is that not the mission of the Alliance? To order its beginning and preserve what may be preserved as regards our political renaissance and our race? Certainly, much must now pass away. That being this present anti-white [sic] system under which we live]
Why Victor, haven't you read www.natall.com/what-is-the-national-alliance/ yet in regards to our mission? Doing so would give you the answer to your question.
Good question, Jim.

Victor, Your thread has dominated WB's Great Quotations section for a good while now, until it is now gotten off into Lord of the Rings stuff -- a book I have never read, and what may or may not have a message relevant to the Alliance's mission.

Let us not forget to put up relevant quotes from actual White leaders and race-thinkers, like this one with poems by Kipling and Henley that WB visitors should be made aware of: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=571

Or bump this one that is certainly relvant to our mission: viewtopic.php?p=820#p820
If Whites insist on participating in "social media," do so on ours, not (((theirs))). Like us on WhiteBiocentrism.com; follow us on NationalVanguard.org. ᛉ

White_Vengeance
Location: In the Whitest possible location, high in the Appalachian Mountains, deep in the heart of Dixie.

Post by White_Vengeance » Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:06 am

"Six mistakes mankind keeps making century after century: Believing that personal gain is made by crushing others; Worrying about things that cannot be changed or corrected; Insisting that a thing is impossible because we cannot accomplish it; Refusing to set aside trivial preferences; Neglecting development and refinement of the mind; Attempting to compel others to believe and live as we do." - quoted from Marcus Tullius Cicero. A brief biography of Marcus Tullius Cicero is embedded in the post that is two previous.

"When a government becomes powerful it is destructive, extravagant and violent; it is an usurer which takes bread from innocent mouths and deprives honorable men of their substance, for votes with which to perpetuate itself." - quoted from Marcus Tullius Cicero.

"Never was a government that was not composed of liars, malefactors, and thieves." - quoted from Marcus Tullius Cicero.

"Though liberty is established by law, we must be vigilant, for liberty to enslave us is always present under that very liberty. Our Constitution speaks of the "general welfare of the people." Under that phrase all sorts of excesses can be employed by lusting tyrants to make us bondsmen." quoted from Marcus Tullius Cicero.

"Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error." - quoted from Marcus Tullius Cicero.

"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child. For what is the worth of human life, unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?" - quoted from Marcus Tullius Cicero.

"In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." - quoted from Marcus Tullius Cicero.

"There exists a law, not written down anywhere but inborn in our hearts; a law which comes to us not by training or custom or reading but by derivation and absorption and adoption from nature itself; a law which has come to us not from theory but from practice, not by instruction but by natural intuition. I refer to the law which lays it down that, if our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right." - quoted from Marcus Tullius Cicero.

"What society does to its children, so will its children do to society." - quoted from Marcus Tullius Cicero.

"Within the character of the citizen, lies the welfare of the nation." - quoted from Marcus Tullius Cicero.

"More is lost by indecision than wrong decision. Indecision is the thief of opportunity. It will steal you blind." - quoted from Marcus Tullius Cicero.

"Politicians are not born; they are excreted." - quoted from Marcus Tullius Cicero.
Any White person who can see the threat to the future of the White race today and who refuses, whether from cowardice or selfishness, to stand up for his/her people does not deserve to be counted among them.

JohnUbele

Post by JohnUbele » Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:07 am

One of my personal favorites:

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."

- John F. Kennedy

Victor Arminius

Post by Victor Arminius » Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:17 am

The reason I post Lord of the Rings quotes is that it examines a simple more folkish reality. I am just doing this in the order of what I have written down over the years. (I only have 4 more quotes from the Lord of the Rings to go.)

Victor Arminius

Post by Victor Arminius » Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:28 am

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it, there are many dark places; but still there is much that if fair, and thorough in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." Lord of the Rings.

"Only radical thought is fruitful, for it is the only one capable of creating ideas to destroy the ruling ideological order and enable us to free ourselves from the vicious circle of failing systems of civilizations." Guillaume Faye

White Man 1

Post by White Man 1 » Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:12 am

Victor Arminius wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:17 am
The reason I post Lord of the Rings quotes is that it examines a simple more folkish reality. I am just doing this in the order of what I have written down over the years. (I only have 4 more quotes from the Lord of the Rings to go.)
There is a lot of good that can be gleaned from Tolkien. He was a professor at Pembrook, Oxford, and Merton, and devised middle earth from bedtime stories he made up for his children.

Will Williams

Post by Will Williams » Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:09 pm

White Man 1 wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:12 am
Victor Arminius wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:17 am
There is a lot of good that can be gleaned from Tolkien. He was a professor at Pembrook, Oxford, and Merton, and devised middle earth from bedtime stories he made up for his children.
Victor Arminius wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:28 am
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it, there are many dark places; but still there is much that if fair, and thorough in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." Lord of the Rings.

"Only radical thought is fruitful, for it is the only one capable of creating ideas to destroy the ruling ideological order and enable us to free ourselves from the vicious circle of failing systems of civilizations." Guillaume Faye
Point taken, WM1. We carried a Tolkien book at our book store but it sold out. These Lord of the Rings quotes show there's no accounting for people's differing tastes. I've never seen those Hollywood movies and never will. I like the Faye quote, however, about radical thought. For the Alliance's mission of radicalizing our people it makes more sense to me.

It might be more effective to list Tolkien's quotes separately in WB's Great Quotatioms section than have them buried here on the seventh page of Victor's "Many Quotations to Come!"
If Whites insist on participating in "social media," do so on ours, not (((theirs))). Like us on WhiteBiocentrism.com; follow us on NationalVanguard.org. ᛉ

Victor Arminius

Post by Victor Arminius » Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:33 pm

Always after a defeat and respite, the shadow takes another form and grows again.
I wish it need not happen in my time, said Frodo.
So do I, said Gandalf, and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us. Lord of the Rings.

We fight for a vision of the world that is both traditional and Faustian that allies enrootment and disinstallation, the citizen's freedom and imperial service to the community-as-a-people, an unbreakable loyalty and adventurous curiosity. Guillaume Faye

Will Williams

Post by Will Williams » Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:20 pm

Victor Arminius wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:33 pm
Always after a defeat and respite, the shadow takes another form and grows again.
I wish it need not happen in my time, said Frodo.
So do I, said Gandalf, and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us. Lord of the Rings.

We fight for a vision of the world that is both traditional and Faustian that allies enrootment and disinstallation, the citizen's freedom and imperial service to the community-as-a-people, an unbreakable loyalty and adventurous curiosity. Guillaume Faye
Mr. Faye's a little heavy for me here. Who talks like that? However, Mr. Gandalf raises a profound question: how will we spend the time given us?