The Missing Art of Jan Fibiger

Works that stir the soul
White Man 1

Re: The Missing Art of Jan Fibiger

Post by White Man 1 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:20 am

Will Williams wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:09 pm
Extraordinary art that has definitely been missing from my life until today. Are posters available. We could use some of these framed for our library.
I looked around with little success. We could have prints made if the image quality is high enough but I wouldn't want to use his work without paying for it. It would be great if we could get in touch with the artist.

mr_morgan

Post by mr_morgan » Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:33 am

Will Williams wrote:
Extraordinary art that has definitely been missing from my life until today. Are posters available. We could use some of these framed for our library.
I couldn't find the artist on any other platform or website, so I assume his work isn't available for printing. The photos I have aren't very high-definition and wouldn't look great printed in any large format.

However, I have upscaled a few of his pieces using a few software tools and the results are promising. I could probably get them to look good if they were printed around 12"x18". I've made a few of my own posters at that size in the past and they're the perfect size for an office or bedroom.
- Mr. Morgan

Will Williams

Post by Will Williams » Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:35 am

mr_morgan wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:33 am
Will Williams wrote:
I couldn't find the artist on any other platform or website, so I assume his work isn't available for printing. The photos I have aren't very high-definition and wouldn't look great printed in any large format.

However, I have upscaled a few of his pieces using a few software tools and the results are promising. I could probably get them to look good if they were printed around 12"x18". I've made a few of my own posters at that size in the past and they're the perfect size for an office or bedroom.
I'm surprised his art isn't available. 12"x18" is a reasonable size once matted and framed. We have eight or ten large, framed posters of my favorite fantasy artist, Frank Frazetta, hanging in our National Office. We could use some of Fibiger's if available, but, you're right -- we're sensitive to copyright infringement.
Frezetta's "Destroyer"

I did find more of Fibiger's art in a search, here: https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=ar ... RE&first=1
If Whites insist on participating in "social media," do so on ours, not (((theirs))). Like us on WhiteBiocentrism.com; follow us on NationalVanguard.org. ᛉ

mr_morgan

Post by mr_morgan » Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:54 am

Will Williams wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:35 am
I'm surprised his art isn't available. 12"x18" is a reasonable size once matted and framed. We have eight or ten large, framed posters of my favorite fantasy artist, Frank Frazetta, hanging in our National Office. We could use some of Fibiger's if available, but, you're right -- we're sensitive to copyright infringement.
Copyright infringement may not be an issue as "Fair use" should cover making your own print of an art piece; it's not for commercial use, it's not for public display, and it doesn't impact the (nonexistent) market for such art prints. Of course, further research on copyright law would probably be a good idea if one wanted to cover all of their bases.

I'm no copyright lawyer, but in my personal opinion, I don't believe it would step on anyone's toes.
- Mr. Morgan

Will Williams

Post by Will Williams » Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:41 pm

mr_morgan wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:54 am
Will Williams wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:35 am
Copyright infringement may not be an issue as "Fair use" should cover making your own print of an art piece; it's not for commercial use, it's not for public display, and it doesn't impact the (nonexistent) market for such art prints. Of course, further research on copyright law would probably be a good idea if one wanted to cover all of their bases.

I'm no copyright lawyer, but in my personal opinion, I don't believe it would step on anyone's toes.
It's no problem if a work is not copyrighted, which Fibiger's may not be. But consider how difficult it has become for copyright-protected books and audio materials belonging to the National Alliance has become when bootleggers/pirates reproduce our material with neither permission nor attribution -- some with DONATE buttons which means they are illegally profiting from our material.

We want, as an example, for our material to be spread far and wide, and if these Internet thieves would simply point their viewers/customers to our sites or our bookstore, they, if well intended, could be forgiven. We had some success initially with DMCA takedowns -- https://www.copyright.gov/dmca/ -- but violations are so widespread today that invoking DMCA is like playing whack-a-mole and we do not have time for such games. Such is the Internet.
If Whites insist on participating in "social media," do so on ours, not (((theirs))). Like us on WhiteBiocentrism.com; follow us on NationalVanguard.org. ᛉ

mr_morgan

Post by mr_morgan » Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:49 am

Jan has also created some beautiful wood carvings.
Morning Star, Sun, Oak Leaves
Morning Star, Sun, Oak Leaves
morning-star_sun_oak-leaves.jpg (402.69 KiB) Viewed 1386 times
Tree of Life
Tree of Life
tree-of-life.jpg (372.58 KiB) Viewed 1386 times
House
House
house.jpg (339.83 KiB) Viewed 1386 times
- Mr. Morgan

mr_morgan

Post by mr_morgan » Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:50 am

Sun 1
Sun 1
sun-1.jpg (204.6 KiB) Viewed 1386 times
Sun 2
Sun 2
sun-2.jpg (266.32 KiB) Viewed 1386 times
Sun 3
Sun 3
sun-3.jpg (224.76 KiB) Viewed 1386 times
- Mr. Morgan

mr_morgan

Post by mr_morgan » Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:59 am

I found a Russian blog post about Jan, showing off some of his stone and wood work, including this sizeable stone circle that he and some others assembled.

Here's the blogpost if you're interested >> perunica.ru
Rune Circle, Summer
Rune Circle, Summer
rune-circle-02_summer.jpg (313.14 KiB) Viewed 1386 times
Rune Circle, Fall
Rune Circle, Fall
rune-circle-03_fall.jpg (787.27 KiB) Viewed 1386 times
Rune Circle, Yule (Winter)
Rune Circle, Yule (Winter)
rune-circle-04_yule.jpg (329.51 KiB) Viewed 1386 times
- Mr. Morgan

mr_morgan