Drawing for fun

Works that stir the soul
WhiteHealer

Re: Drawing for fun

Post by WhiteHealer » Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:10 pm

RC,

What a great way to break away from the usual on Halloween and show festive support for the NA

WhiteHealer

FolkishFreya

Post by FolkishFreya » Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:38 pm

❄️Glaðligr Jól🌲 Happy Yule!
It's been a while since I have put together some art. Here is the life rune burnt into a wooden disc.
Attachments
20221210_193221.jpg
20221210_193221.jpg (3.47 MiB) Viewed 17567 times
-Freya
LOYAL TO THE CAUSE

WhiteHealer

Post by WhiteHealer » Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:51 am

Hello FF,

You could start a side business for holiday "Rune"-tide decorations. :D

Here is a little history on the Yuletide....

Thousands of years ago, Yuletide had nothing to do with Christmas. Instead, it referred to a holiday celebrated by historical Germanic peoples. It comes from the Old English term, ġéol, and the Norse term, jól. In Norse poetry, the term seems to refer to a feast.

Yule, or jól, was a midwinter festival celebrated by Germanic peoples, and it fell sometime in between mid-November and early January, probably sometime around Winter Solstice.

During Yule, a sacrifice would be made, and the blood would be smeared on idols. The meat from the sacrificed animals would be cooked and served at a banquet. Fires were lit, and toasts were drunk to Odin, Njord, and Freyr for victory in battle and good harvests. A log would be burned, and for as long as that log burned, everyone would feast. It was believed that each time the log sparked, it was a signal that another pig or calf would be born in the new year. This could last for up to twelve days.

Ancient Celts would decorate their homes with holly as a protection, since the plants were believed to have magical powers since they stayed green all year and survived the winter months. Mistletoe was hung from doorways to ward of sickness and poison and witchcraft and to ensure fertility.

Jim Mathias

Post by Jim Mathias » Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:26 pm

RCavallius wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:23 pm
I'm not much of an artist, but hey, I tried!
The photograph at the top was very good as it felt 'in season' with the background surrounding it.
Activism materials available! ===> Contact me via PM to obtain quantities of the "Send Them Back", "NA Health Warning #1 +#2+#3" stickers, and any fliers listed in the Alliance website's flier webpage.

FolkishFreya

Post by FolkishFreya » Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:45 pm

WhiteHealer wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:51 am
Hello FF,

You could start a side business for holiday "Rune"-tide decorations. :D

Here is a little history on the Yuletide....

Thousands of years ago, Yuletide had nothing to do with Christmas. Instead, it referred to a holiday celebrated by historical Germanic peoples. It comes from the Old English term, ġéol, and the Norse term, jól. In Norse poetry, the term seems to refer to a feast.

Yule, or jól, was a midwinter festival celebrated by Germanic peoples, and it fell sometime in between mid-November and early January, probably sometime around Winter Solstice.

During Yule, a sacrifice would be made, and the blood would be smeared on idols. The meat from the sacrificed animals would be cooked and served at a banquet. Fires were lit, and toasts were drunk to Odin, Njord, and Freyr for victory in battle and good harvests. A log would be burned, and for as long as that log burned, everyone would feast. It was believed that each time the log sparked, it was a signal that another pig or calf would be born in the new year. This could last for up to twelve days.

Ancient Celts would decorate their homes with holly as a protection, since the plants were believed to have magical powers since they stayed green all year and survived the winter months. Mistletoe was hung from doorways to ward of sickness and poison and witchcraft and to ensure fertility.
Thank you for sharing this! It is definitely not a Christian holiday. Our day of Yule will be celebrated on the 21st. That is when we will open our gifts.
-Freya
LOYAL TO THE CAUSE

FolkishFreya

Post by FolkishFreya » Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:18 am

There is definitely a satisfying feeling burning into a piece of wood. The aroma is delightful, like a camp fire. The crackling and sizzling sound when you burn into the wood. The overall contrasting look of the projects come out very nice.

Celtic knott
Woodburning
Attachments
20221215_161001.jpg
20221215_161001.jpg (2.69 MiB) Viewed 17432 times
-Freya
LOYAL TO THE CAUSE

Dan

Post by Dan » Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:19 pm

FolkishFreya wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:11 am
I've been tapping back into my artistic hobbies lately after a long hiatus. I would like to start drawing some cartoons or other media when feel like I've warmed up. I used to draw all the time, back when cell phones were for the rich and famous and we actually had to occupy ourselves. Anywho, I finished this sketch today, I am super proud of it. I think I'll be ready soon to pump out some nifty cartoons. ;)
Cool sketch. :)

Will Williams

Post by Will Williams » Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:50 pm

FolkishFreya wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:18 am
There is definitely a satisfying feeling burning into a piece of wood. The aroma is delightful, like a camp fire. The crackling and sizzling sound when you burn into the wood. The overall contrasting look of the projects come out very nice.

Celtic knott
Woodburning
Very nice, Frey!

I always liked carving but didn't do much of it after the mid-1970s when I was a university student.

Back then I liked roaming the countryside, finding old dilapidated chimneys where I'd collect soapstone from them and carve/subtract heads out of the rocks with hammer and chisel, and smooth by sanding. Soapstone is relatively soft and heat resistant, thus used in old fireplaces in North Carolina's Piedmont where I grew up. I gave away most of my stone sculptures, but somehow managed to hang on to a couple.

Later, always having had a fascination with the human head, I switched from the three-dimensional form to two-dimensional portrait painting.

If Whites insist on participating in "social media," do so on ours, not (((theirs))). Like us on WhiteBiocentrism.com; follow us on NationalVanguard.org. ᛉ

FolkishFreya

Post by FolkishFreya » Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:05 pm

Will, you are quite the well rounded artist! I am convinced there is not a medium that you cannot work with. I find that drawing the human form to be a true test of someone's artistic ability.

For Yule I was gifted a bunch of art supplies 8-) , watercolor was one of them. I'm interested in trying it out, it looks fun. :D

Thank you for posting your art, I really enjoy seeing your work.
-Freya
LOYAL TO THE CAUSE

Dan

Post by Dan » Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:44 pm

Hello, I made some "fan art" from some of the flyers and photos I've found online. :)
Attachments
Pierce Fan Film Thumbnail v3.jpg
Pierce Fan Film Thumbnail v3.jpg (295.09 KiB) Viewed 17227 times
Pierce Banner.jpg
Pierce Banner.jpg (433.17 KiB) Viewed 17227 times
Chairman Williams.jpg
Chairman Williams.jpg (565.71 KiB) Viewed 17227 times